300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the Spanish test is like to test out that is given at the end of FLETC? What does it consist of? Is it fill in the blank? Do you have to conjugate a verb that they give you? Any insight would be great.
    Also, the test is at the beginning, not the end of academy. Some people in my class thought they could study up on Spanish before the test...they're taking Spanish after basic.
    Written: 12/8/10
    NOR: 1/25/11
    TO: 5/11/11
    Fitness/Med: 5/16/11
    BI: 6/14/11
    VBT/SI: 6/20/11
    Drug Screen: 9/29/11
    Call: 10/5/11
    PTF2: 10/14/11
    EOD: 11/7/11 (El Paso)
    FLETC: 12/6/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Aesco84 View Post
      Would you say most officers carry while off duty?
      It's a personal decision on whether one carries off duty or not. I can only speak for officers I know. Based on that - I would say, yes...
      Personal firearm, yes.
      Duty issued firearm, no.

Biggdawgdaddy... If a duty firearm was stolen... I would, without a doubt, prefer it to occur at work versus home / elsewhere... Changes the dynamics of the situation much more in the officer's favor versus the riot act of questionable actions from home / elsewhere. Union representation would be able to work much more effectively in defending an officer in that situation.
      Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
        Question: At what point in this process have you all decided to tell your current workplace about this process? I feel like it's anyone's guess as to how quickly things will move along, and I'm trying to decide when the best time to bring this up is. I don't want them to know I'm looking elsewhere too soon, but I also don't want to wait until it's "oh hey, I'm going to Georgia...tomorrow"...What are your all's thoughts/experiences?
        Suppose it depends on your relation with your employer. Having inquired with a fellow recent officer - he said it was about a week + from notice to EOD date.
        Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          Count on a class happening roughly every two weeks between now and the end of September.

You can also count on see most people ending up on the Mexican border.
          Mexican border is just over half my class. There has been an increase in Miami & Atlanta also. 2 for the northern border.

Comment

• Is there a class between Monday (session 303 I believe) and March 15? two of my pre-fletc classmates start tomorrow, and I'm in the march class with a handful of others from our port.

Comment

• February 06th.
              February 21st.
              March 1st.
              March 15th.
              March 26th.

Give or take...all future class dates run the risk of being more or less tentative. I'd say those dates are fairly solid though.

Comment

• Originally posted by OPJr View Post
                Also, the test is at the beginning, not the end of academy. Some people in my class thought they could study up on Spanish before the test...they're taking Spanish after basic.
                I have heard that the academy is more like college than the military... Is that true? Do you do a lot of marching in formation?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
                  I have heard that the academy is more like college than the military... Is that true? Do you do a lot of marching in formation?
                  I don't have a military background, but some of my classmates do and they say it's almost like being back in the military. There's plenty of sounding off. I suppose it's a bit of both, although, some days I wish it was more like college where I could just come home and sleep if I felt like it. Scheduling is strict, and you move as a unit from class to class for the most part. It's up to the section leaders and the supervisors how much marching is involved. Marching is part of the schedule on a weekly/semi-weekly basis. How strict/lax your stay here is really depends on what instructors you end up with.
                  Written: 12/8/10
                  NOR: 1/25/11
                  TO: 5/11/11
                  Fitness/Med: 5/16/11
                  BI: 6/14/11
                  VBT/SI: 6/20/11
                  Drug Screen: 9/29/11
                  Call: 10/5/11
                  PTF2: 10/14/11
                  EOD: 11/7/11 (El Paso)
                  FLETC: 12/6/11

Comment

• [QUOTE=OPJr;2981296]I don't have a military background, but some of my classmates do and they say it's almost like being back in the military. There's plenty of sounding off. I suppose it's a bit of both, although, some days I wish it was more like college where I could just come home and sleep if I felt like it. Scheduling is strict, and you move as a unit from class to class for the most part. It's up to the section leaders and the supervisors how much marching is involved. Marching is part of the schedule on a weekly/semi-weekly basis. How strict/lax your stay here is really depends on what
                    instructors you end up with.[/QUOTE

Good to know. How many classes do you take per day? What type of PT do you do... Long distance running? Crossfit type stuff?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sytes View Post
                      Biggdawgdaddy... If a duty firearm was stolen... I would, without a doubt, prefer it to occur at work versus home / elsewhere... Changes the dynamics of the situation much more in the officer's favor versus the riot act of questionable actions from home / elsewhere. Union representation would be able to work much more effectively in defending an officer in that situation.
                      If you are storing it outside the policy, union can't help you especially while you are a probational. I am saying follow the policy on storage. The P.O.W at the port is where that really can go afoul of policy and an unauthorised weapon is a one strike offense. But what do I know, only been a PFI for 10 years.
                      Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
                        That might be true for some here. For CBP it is much more like the military than college.
                        CBPO
                        TO - 05/08 JFK
                        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Is anyone going to San Ysidro for pre-academy on March 19th?? I have been looking for places to stay and they are all pretty expensive for short term rent. Anyone interested in sharing housing for the month?? Or suggestion for places to stay at??

Thank You

Comment

• Its like a paramilitary college experience...A little more paramilitary then when I went through.

The real deal? Study hard, be in somewhat good shape, and have a good time.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                              That might be true for some here. For CBP it is much more like the military than college.
                              I'm a Marine. Border Patrol Academy was more like college than the military. But I can't speak for OFO Academy.
                              Gek.

Comment

• Does anyone know if you can appeal a failed fitness test... i am pretty sure that my administrator did not count all the lines for the side step test

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12364 users online. 437 members and 11927 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X