Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is storing it at the port an option? Saddlebags maybe?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by davidB. View Post
      Can anyone shine some light on what officers that commute by motorcycle do with their duty belt?

      I start riding my motorcycle into pre-fletc next week, but I haven't seen any officers come in at my training center via motorcycle? I'm not too thrilled on putting my belt in my backpack on the ride in.
      While I wouldn't be one to worry about riding in uniform, I understand your concerns. However, I am curious to know why you don't want to put your gunbelt in your pack. I'd put my gun in a concealment holster and my belt in my pack.
      Gek.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Count on a class happening roughly every two weeks between now and the end of September.

        You can also count on see most people ending up on the Mexican border.
        Thanks for the info... I wasn't sure how often they were starting the classes.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Beecy View Post
          Got impatient after not hearing anything for 7 months? Wow how things have changed....I waited almost a year just to get an update on my NOPA. Sorry to interrupt...carry on.
          LOL! When I started this process I had no clue people waited so long, until I found this forum. Honestly I was more worried that my test score was going to expire after the year and I would have to retake it. I was afraid that I wouldn't pass it again! lol
          Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
          Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
          TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
          PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
          Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
          VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
          B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
          Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
          Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
          PFT2: ?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by davidB. View Post
            Can anyone shine some light on what officers that commute by motorcycle do with their duty belt?

            I start riding my motorcycle into pre-fletc next week, but I haven't seen any officers come in at my training center via motorcycle? I'm not too thrilled on putting my belt in my backpack on the ride in.
            good question!! i sold my bike for the move to AZ but believe you me I'm already on craigslist looking around!

            IF you're gonna ride in uniform then i don't think you should ride with the cbp shirt on. you never know who you're sharing the road with. just my 2 cents.
            EOD: 2/2012
            FLETC: 3/2012

            Comment


            • Seems like no stone is being left unturned for my second BI. Just got news from a buddy of mine that is living out in the Bay Area (in Cali) that an investigator came to his work in San Francisco recently to ask questions about me. I gave DHS this same reference two years ago and he wasn't contacted then, but this time he was. The only thing I can imagine is since my first BI, three of my neighbors have moved away and they needed another reference to talk to.

              All you EOD-ing soon at SWB, get ready to be called up about a second BI and have a copy of eQuip and references handy.
              CBP written test Miami, FL
              11/10/2007
              NOR letter 01/16/2008
              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
              Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
              9/4/2009
              Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
              drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
              never got first)
              qualifications completed
              BI interview 9/30/2009
              BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
              poly: Mar 2011
              updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
              BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

              Comment


              • Hello guy,
                New to this thread. I have a quick question, if somebody wouldnt minds answering please. I have the VBT monday and nothing has a green check mark in cass, exept the fitness test which I took last month . I have already returned the first set of documents they requested and taken the medical . Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue. Thank you
                CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
                NOR: 08/30/11
                TSL1: 12/12/11
                MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
                VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
                TSL2: 02/17/12
                BI: in security office 03/06/12
                QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
                DRUG TEST: PENDING

                ------------------
                BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
                NOR: 10/21/11

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
                  Hello guy,
                  New to this thread. I have a quick question, if somebody wouldnt minds answering please. I have the VBT monday and nothing has a green check mark in cass, exept the fitness test which I took last month . I have already returned the first set of documents they requested and taken the medical . Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue. Thank you
                  unless your GEO is SWB, get used to hurrying up and waiting
                  CBP written test Miami, FL
                  11/10/2007
                  NOR letter 01/16/2008
                  VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                  Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                  Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                  9/4/2009
                  Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                  drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                  TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                  never got first)
                  qualifications completed
                  BI interview 9/30/2009
                  BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                  poly: Mar 2011
                  updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                  BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
                    Thanks for the info... I wasn't sure how often they were starting the classes.
                    Having said what I said...understand that unpublished future class schedules are much like the cafeteria schedules we had in elementary school. Just because today CBP schedules 'macaroni and cheese with corn' for next Thursday, there's little to stop them from changing the menu tomorrow and ultimately offering up 'hot dogs and fries'.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      Having said what I said...understand that unpublished future class schedules are much like the cafeteria schedules we had in elementary school. Just because today CBP schedules 'macaroni and cheese with corn' for next Thursday, there's little to stop them from changing the menu tomorrow and ultimately offering up 'hot dogs and fries'.
                      I hear ya... Basically just wait for the call.... And don't get too anxious. I feel good knowing that everything that I had some sort of control over during the process is done with. Now I'm just waiting on a funded position to open up on the swb...

                      Comment


                      • Did you guys see this announcement http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/302349000 for Job Title:CBP OFFICER (ENFORCEMENT)- National Reassignment Opportunity. If I'm reading it correctly it states that if you are a current CBP officer at a GS 9 with 2 years on the job then you can apply for reassignment. It doesn’t change anything except your location. They have tons of locations including all of SWB. I wonder how that will affect us if people decide to get reassigned to the SWB....
                        Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                        Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                        TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                        PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                        Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                        VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                        B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                        Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                        Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                        PFT2: ?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                          unless your GEO is SWB, get used to hurrying up and waiting
                          It actually has been moving along pretty quick and I did chose SWB. I tested 10/07/11
                          CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
                          NOR: 08/30/11
                          TSL1: 12/12/11
                          MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
                          VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
                          TSL2: 02/17/12
                          BI: in security office 03/06/12
                          QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
                          DRUG TEST: PENDING

                          ------------------
                          BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
                          NOR: 10/21/11

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DSgirlCA View Post
                            Did you guys see this announcement http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/302349000 for Job Title:CBP OFFICER (ENFORCEMENT)- National Reassignment Opportunity. If I'm reading it correctly it states that if you are a current CBP officer at a GS 9 with 2 years on the job then you can apply for reassignment. It doesn’t change anything except your location. They have tons of locations including all of SWB. I wonder how that will affect us if people decide to get reassigned to the SWB....
                            Stand-by to stand-by.

                            Nobody knows yet how the voluntary relocations will work out, either for current officers or new hires.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Stand-by to stand-by.

                              Nobody knows yet how the voluntary relocations will work out, either for current officers or new hires.
                              Yeah, I guess keep waiting and see what happens...
                              Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                              Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                              TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                              PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                              Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                              VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                              B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                              Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                              Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                              PFT2: ?

                              Comment


                              • Question: At what point in this process have you all decided to tell your current workplace about this process? I feel like it's anyone's guess as to how quickly things will move along, and I'm trying to decide when the best time to bring this up is. I don't want them to know I'm looking elsewhere too soon, but I also don't want to wait until it's "oh hey, I'm going to Georgia...tomorrow"...What are your all's thoughts/experiences?
                                GEO: Midwest
                                Written Exam: 12/10/10
                                NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                                TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                                VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                                PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                                Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                                BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                                Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                                Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                                Polygraph: 5/11/12
                                Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                                Met with BI: 7/27/12
                                Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                                PFT2: 9/4/12
                                EOD: 9/24/12
                                FLETC: 10/31-3/15

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10024 users online. 442 members and 9582 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X