Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by buis02 View Post
    Don't know if I read someone's post wrong. But you clarified it. So on a whim CBP could possibly give you give you a GS level higher then 7 even though in your NOR says 5 & 7. Well at least it still gives me some hope for more pay lol.
    You will come in as the level you qualified for either 5 or 7. Only those with prior Federal service get a paymatch... and if it is more than GS-7 it goes to 7 step X, it won't be GS-9, 11, or 12...
    One of our new Trainees was a prior Air Marshall and he got 7 step 10 as paymatch.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

    Comment


    • Originally posted by yoda View Post
      You will come in as the level you qualified for either 5 or 7. Only those with prior Federal service get a paymatch... and if it is more than GS-7 it goes to 7 step X, it won't be GS-9, 11, or 12...
      One of our new Trainees was a prior Air Marshall and he got 7 step 10 as paymatch.
      Yep, that's how it worked for me. I qualified as a GS-7 and was given a 7, step 9 in order to match previous federal salary.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by east2west View Post
        I am waiting for Laredo aswell tested the same time as you.
        What is your timeline?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by yoda View Post
          You will come in as the level you qualified for either 5 or 7. Only those with prior Federal service get a paymatch... and if it is more than GS-7 it goes to 7 step X, it won't be GS-9, 11, or 12...
          One of our new Trainees was a prior Air Marshall and he got 7 step 10 as paymatch.
          Thanks Yoda... that clarified it.
          CBPO
          GEO Pref: SWB
          App Date: 8/2/11
          Written Exam: 9/1/11
          NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
          TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
          E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
          SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
          PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
          Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
          BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
          VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
          DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
          Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
          Call Rec.: 3/2/12
          PFT2: 3/16/12
          EOD: 4/9/12
          FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

          Comment


          • Originally posted by urdoc88 View Post
            My qualification is still pending actually. The lady offered me position under GS-7. My BI cleared last week. So, I am assuming that's what they were waiting to clear.
            man! that was fast! I've been in the TSU for a month now! so what was your score on the written test?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by buis02 View Post
              Don't know if I read someone's post wrong. But you clarified it. So on a whim CBP could possibly give you give you a GS level higher then 7 even though in your NOR says 5 & 7. Well at least it still gives me some hope for more pay lol.

              Maybe...I wouldn't rule it out. I also wouldn't count on it. As a practical matter, I doubt it happens often, if at all.

              Anyhow, you've misunderstood me. What I was trying to get across was that there is little stopping CBP from modifying/creating open announcements at a different hiring level on a whim.

              CBP used to/still does hire Border Patrol Agents at the GL-09 level. They could hire CBPOs as GS-09...if they desired to.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mandarrin View Post
                man! that was fast! I've been in the TSU for a month now! so what was your score on the written test?
                I'm on the same boat as you... when did you apply?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mandarrin View Post
                  man! that was fast! I've been in the TSU for a month now! so what was your score on the written test?
                  I scored 84.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
                    Nice... You got a god port man. I wonder if they are hiring a lot for San Ysidro... I spoke to the port director and she told me that they are very understaffed at all three ports in the San Diego Sector.
                    I hope they are really understaffed so they can send us there. I am also crossing my fingers for San Diego. Moving out of state is not an option for me. I wish I knew where they were sending me. I feel like my life is on hold not knowing if I'm going to be able to take the job or not. San Bernardino was also an option on the vacancy announcement but I haven't heard of anyone going out there. Have you
                    Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                    Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                    TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                    PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                    Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                    VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                    B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                    Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                    Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                    PFT2: ?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
                      I'm on the same boat as you... when did you apply?
                      my written test was 8/31/11 and I went to TSU on 12/13/11. I also score an 86 with vets pref. at this point I really don't know what kind of order they use to call people.

                      Comment


                      • I got my NOR on 08/31/2011... I scored an 85 no vets points. I was sent to TSU on 1/7/2011. I hear ya, I'm lost as well. I hope I get a call soon though.

                        Comment


                        • I'm sorry I got my results on 8/30/2011...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DSgirlCA View Post
                            I hope they are really understaffed so they can send us there. I am also crossing my fingers for San Diego. Moving out of state is not an option for me. I wish I knew where they were sending me. I feel like my life is on hold not knowing if I'm going to be able to take the job or not. San Bernardino was also an option on the vacancy announcement but I haven't heard of anyone going out there. Have you
                            I haven't heard of anyone going out there... I am really hoping for SD. My wife has a good job out here and if we have to move than she would have to quit. We are kind of just waitin to see what happens. What part of Cali are you in?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
                              I haven't heard of anyone going out there... I am really hoping for SD. My wife has a good job out here and if we have to move than she would have to quit. We are kind of just waitin to see what happens. What part of Cali are you in?
                              I'm in the same boat! If I get San Diego my husband can keep his job but if I go out of state he would have to start all over and we decided that's not an option for us. When I originally applied the announcement was for L.A./Long Beach but after 7 months of not hearing anything I got impatient and reapplied for SWB. I'm in L.A.
                              Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                              Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                              TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                              PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                              Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                              VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                              B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                              Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                              Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                              PFT2: ?

                              Comment


                              • Is anyone taking the pft2 in Laredo this month?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 2719 users online. 203 members and 2516 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X