300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoCal!27 View Post
    Haha... good point... I live in San Diego... If you have any questions about anything out here let me know...
    Okay thanks!! I need to find a extended stay hotel around San Ysidro for month. Hopefully, I will get some suggestions from people who work there.

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
      SoCal!27 whats the timeframe on your process? When did you take your writtens to when you got green lighted on everything and sent to the TSU? Where abouts in SD are you?
      I tested in August and I was sent to TSU on 1/07/2012. I had been in the process for BP as well for like a year and CBP used my medical and drug test that I did for BP. I live out in La Mesa... and I work in Downtown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashan646 View Post
        Just nailed my VBT/SI today, on to poly this week now.
        Ashan, what's your location pref.?
        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by urdoc88 View Post
          Okay thanks!! I need to find a extended stay hotel around San Ysidro for month. Hopefully, I will get some suggestions from people who work there.
          I hear ya... Just to give you a heads up San Ysidro is pretty ghetto... I don't know if you will have a car down hear or not, but if wanted to stay in a part of town that's a little nicer you might want to look into Chula Vista... or even south San Diego... it is still relatively close to the POE.

Comment

I hear ya... Just to give you a heads up San Ysidro is pretty ghetto... I don't know if you will have a car down hear or not, but if wanted to stay in a part of town that's a little nicer you might want to look into Chula Vista... or even south San Diego... it is still relatively close to the POE.
            I'm planning on driving from Illinois. I will look into Chula Vista. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

I'm planning on driving from Illinois. I will look into Chula Vista. Thanks for the heads up!
              Yeah Chula Vista is like a 10 minute drive to the POE... Imperial beach is pretty close too... and I think you might have a beter shot at getting an extended stay hotel there.

Comment

• Originally posted by koolaid_002 View Post
                I have a question for anyone that may be able to answer it. I tested at the end of July and got my NOR somewhere around 78ish, a few months later. Then I got my fingerprint cards a month or so ago which I think was for the CBPO job? im doing both CBPO and BP, did it then sent them back. But my question is should I have gotten a TSL before I got the fingerprint cards if that who they were for? I'm a bit confused.
                Hey Koolaid. The same thing happened to me. The e-mail that I was suppose to receive went straight to the junk mail box. I realized something was wrong when I received the finger print card. I immediately called them. You should do the same because the e-mail is time sensitive.

Comment

• Ahhh I have my VBT and structured interview next Wednesday! I'm a nervous wreck (by nature)! Any tips??
                  GEO: Midwest
                  Written Exam: 12/10/10
                  NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                  TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                  VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                  PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                  Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                  BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                  Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                  Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                  Polygraph: 5/11/12
                  Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                  Met with BI: 7/27/12
                  Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                  PFT2: 9/4/12
                  EOD: 9/24/12
                  FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

Yeah Chula Vista is like a 10 minute drive to the POE... Imperial beach is pretty close too... and I think you might have a beter shot at getting an extended stay hotel there.
                    I need to think about viable apartment options. How do you like living in La Mesa?
                    I hope your process is fast for CBP. I took the exam last year in January, so it took a year for the whole process. The background investigation is the one that took the longest for me.

Comment

• Hey IamWolf. Have you received your TO yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
                        Ahhh I have my VBT and structured interview next Wednesday! I'm a nervous wreck (by nature)! Any tips??
                        Just be calm and follow the directions.
                        Last edited by urdoc88; 02-01-2012, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ten30code01 View Post
                          Is there anyone still waiting on Laredo Texas??
                          I am still waiting -since 12/10- for Laredo, TX.

Comment

I need to think about viable apartment options. How do you like living in La Mesa?
                            I hope your process is fast for CBP. I took the exam last year in January, so it took a year for the whole process. The background investigation is the one that took the longest for me.
                            La Mesa is Cool... It's like half hour drive from the Border... about 15 minutes from downtown and has pretty good access to the freeways that you would use. It's pretty quiet... reasonably priced. I'm not sure what type of neighborhood you're looking into. It is pretty suburban, but it also has some pretty good restautants and bars. I have lived here for over two years and I really like it. I have also lived in University Heights and Northpark, which is like 5 minutes to downtown and like 20 minutes to the POE, but is is also a lot pricier.

Comment

• I actually applied for the job in july... tested in August and was sent to TSU on January 7 2012

Comment

When did you go into TSU?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5519 users online. 296 members and 5223 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X