300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ynagics View Post
    Hey guys, today I received the EOD call for NY JFK airport location. Here is the timeline for those in NY:

TEST - 11/07
    T/O & FORMS - 3/08
    VBT - 4/08
    MEDICAL - 5/08
    DRUG TEST - 6/08
    BACKGROUND INTERVIEW - 6/08
    "THE CALL" - 8/8/08
    EOD - 9/2/08
    FLETC - 10/2/08 - 1/23/09

My CASS still shows "Background in the security office" but I was told it has cleared. (CASS not updated)

Is anyone else reporting to FLETC on 10/2?
    Congrats and Good Luck. Your timeline is very close to mine. I'm waiting for my BI and Quals to clear. When did your Quals clear and what time did you get the call?

Congrats again...

jrq16

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
      No, you can't. IRS issued a press release regarding LEO tax deductions and it specifically stated that was not a valid deduction. Same with clothes, unless they can only be worn at work and not off duty (suits).
      I've been taking off hair cuts the past several years. The accountant writes it up and puts it right on the deduction list.

You can claim suits and equipment if it is soley for use on the job. I just bought a new suit for court and nothing but court so help me god.

Of course, I would not doubt the IRS would change its rules so the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Comment

• Quick question:

I'm testing next week in San Francisco, but I want to change my geo pref. Should I wait until after I take it, or just wait till (assuming if) I get the T.O? I'm wondering that they give out how many T.Os are supposed to be brought on per geographic location. In which case, it sounds like I need to shoot them an email asap, I just don't know how I'd go about doing that without having an application ID or what not. Thoughts?
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• deyosurf:
          I plan on sharing the experience after EOD and at FLETC in order to help those still in the process. I highly value all the info posted in this forum. I received many answers here.

jrq:
          My quals cleared CASS 2 months after I sent the forms. I think my quals were pretty easy to figure out: Bachelor's degree. I don't know how long it takes for others who are not using education.
          "The call" came in at 10 am

Comment

• ynargics,

Thanks for your quick reply...Good luck to you!!

jrq16

Comment

• Here is the DATELINE link with video clips:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...10712#26007815

Comment

• Originally posted by ynagics View Post
                deyosurf:
                I plan on sharing the experience after EOD and at FLETC in order to help those still in the process. I highly value all the info posted in this forum. I received many answers here.

jrq:
                My quals cleared CASS 2 months after I sent the forms. I think my quals were pretty easy to figure out: Bachelor's degree. I don't know how long it takes for others who are not using education.
                "The call" came in at 10 am
                I am also qualifying under B.A in international Business, the school sent the transcripts on May and I have not been cleared from qualifications. I guess there is no patterns in here
                TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
                NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
                QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
                GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
                PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
                MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
                FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
                VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
                DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
                BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• Lasik

I don't understand, what do you mean by fill out the packet they sent you and still waiting for 90 days, I got "not medical clear" letter from them, since I took it eye doctor saying, there is no way for me to pass if I don't use my corrective len unless I do Lasik, so I just to contact the Lasik facility today and see I can take the earliest appointment to completed before my dued date, do I need to submit the letter to the surgery before surgery or do I need to contact the hiring office for further paperwork, please advise, thanks.

Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
                  I had the same problem. I couldn't get cleared because of my vision so I had LASIK done. I had horrible vision and now I see 20/20, it's incredible. Once you get the LASIK you must get a letter from you Dr. stating the procedure, the date it was conducted, and the results. This letter needs to be sent to the Medical Unit and then they will in turn send you a packet that you will need to take to your Dr. 90 days after the surgery for him to fill out. Right now I'm still waiting for the 90 days to be up, I'm at 59.
                  Last edited by shopshop; 08-09-2008, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shopshop View Post
                    I don't understand, what do you mean by fill out the packet they sent you and still waiting for 90 days, I got "not medical clear" letter from them, since I took it eye doctor saying, there is no way for me to pass if I don't use my corrective len unless I do Lasik, so I just to contact the Lasik facility today and see I can take the earliest appointment to completed before my dued date, do I need to submit the letter to the surgery before surgery or do I need to contact the hiring office for further paperwork, please advise, thanks.
                    You need to contact MHC ASAP and let them know that you are planning to do the LASIK. Once you do that they will extend your due date so that you will not get dropped. Then after you get the surgery you need to send them a letter from your Dr. saying you had the surgery and they will send that packet in the mail for you to fill out once the 90 days are up.
                    GEO Pref: MIA
                    Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
                    TO: 9/08
                    Pre-employment Forms: Completed
                    Medical: Completed
                    Fitness: Completed
                    VBT: Completed 12/4
                    BI: Completed
                    Qualifications: Completed
                    TSU: 12/4
                    EOD: 2/17
                    FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

• ynagics

Originally posted by ynagics View Post
                      Hey guys, today I received the EOD call for NY JFK airport location. Here is the timeline for those in NY:

TEST - 11/07
                      T/O & FORMS - 3/08
                      VBT - 4/08
                      MEDICAL - 5/08
                      DRUG TEST - 6/08
                      BACKGROUND INTERVIEW - 6/08
                      "THE CALL" - 8/8/08
                      EOD - 9/2/08
                      FLETC - 10/2/08 - 1/23/09

My CASS still shows "Background in the security office" but I was told it has cleared. (CASS not updated)

Is anyone else reporting to FLETC on 10/2?
                      Do you know what class number you're in starting 10/2?

jrq16

Comment

• Well week one of pre-academy training complete... Lots of learning, computer reading, etc etc.... I do recommend to anyone who is getting ready to start, that you take things at your own pace, there are a lot of things to read and attempt to grasp.... Even though you are going to be learning all these things at FLETC, im sure, it doesnt hurt to have a good knowledge before going. I for one, am taking notes to possibly eliminate having to take the same notes later at FLETC. But some of it is interesting, some of it is very boring.. but its all worth it.
                        Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                        Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
                          Do you know what class number you're in starting 10/2?

jrq16
                          No, I don't know the class number.

Comment

• Lasik

Thanks for your quick reply, why you need to wait for 90 days long? it is just my curiosity.

Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
                            You need to contact MHC ASAP and let them know that you are planning to do the LASIK. Once you do that they will extend your due date so that you will not get dropped. Then after you get the surgery you need to send them a letter from your Dr. saying you had the surgery and they will send that packet in the mail for you to fill out once the 90 days are up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                              Well week one of pre-academy training complete... Lots of learning, computer reading, etc etc.... I do recommend to anyone who is getting ready to start, that you take things at your own pace, there are a lot of things to read and attempt to grasp.... Even though you are going to be learning all these things at FLETC, im sure, it doesnt hurt to have a good knowledge before going. I for one, am taking notes to possibly eliminate having to take the same notes later at FLETC. But some of it is interesting, some of it is very boring.. but its all worth it.
                              Not too bad for me either. We took a 16 hr Agg class that was actually very well done and informative. We are allowed to take notes but they are collected and destroyed at the end of the day. There is some FOUO information that shouldn't be sitting on plain paper in a notebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by shopshop View Post
                                Thanks for your quick reply, why you need to wait for 90 days long? it is just my curiosity.
                                Its 90 days post op to check for complications and to retest your vision.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4972 users online. 314 members and 4658 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X