Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by erivera
    no not hiding anything, but I was fired from a job over three years ago, and there was a misundertanding from my opinion and my old job. The investigator informed me that I should write a memo on the incident and that he will summit that. That is why I think that there can be a problem. So that is why I think I should wait to clear my background before accepting a position. I don't want to quit my good job to find out in the academy that I did not pass my background.

    Well, If you were truthful about it and all why should it be a problem?. I mean most of the time if you say everything and they verify it and see that everything you have said is true you shouldnt have a problem whatsoever. The reason why BIs exist is to verify the information you have given the agency. This is something alot of people are going to want to debate but background investigations dont really "dig" for stuff. They just verify all that you have given them pertaining to your life. They are looking for HONEST people not perfect people because no one is perfect. Everyone has a skeleton or two and that also applies to your BI. Just relax and take the position I really doubt you are going to have a problem if you have said the truth on your BG packet.
    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

    Comment


    • Just out of curiousity. Lets say 100 people pass the test and have an okay background. Out of those how many will get a CBP position??.
      Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

      Comment


      • depending on the demand it could be all off them. For what I hear from CBPO they are hiring all the time. Wether the demand is getting greater, the job is expanding or CBPO's retiring. I been in the process for over a year already and it looks like they are finaly getting to the end of my process.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by erivera
          depending on the demand it could be all off them. For what I hear from CBPO they are hiring all the time. Wether the demand is getting greater, the job is expanding or CBPO's retiring. I been in the process for over a year already and it looks like they are finaly getting to the end of my process.

          My god its that long!!!. I thought since there has been a push in congress to hire more CBPOs that the hiring process shouldnt take that long. I'm glad as hell that I got the compressed testing date and location then because I get my interview date at the end of the day. You have to spend eight hours at the place of the compressed testing maybe it will be faster for me I really hope so damn.
          Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

          Comment


          • erivera This shouldnt hold u back if i were u i would take the position... were u even offered the job yet (given an EOD ) b/c if not dont even worry yet. That doesnt sound like something u should have trouble with. Navcop i took the legacy customs k-9 enforcement exam and took over 2 years to get hired as CBP. I have heard that it is alot quicker now, i also hear that lots of candidates have trouble w/ interview now b/c its a video tape no more panel. You do know that CBP doesnt have LEO status and 30 and 55 or 30 and 57 depends on yob for me 83 is 57. However they are fighting for leo 6c status but i hear they have been trying forever.
            When in doubt prone em' out!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bigblue8081
              erivera This shouldnt hold u back if i were u i would take the position... were u even offered the job yet (given an EOD ) b/c if not dont even worry yet. That doesnt sound like something u should have trouble with. Navcop i took the legacy customs k-9 enforcement exam and took over 2 years to get hired as CBP. I have heard that it is alot quicker now, i also hear that lots of candidates have trouble w/ interview now b/c its a video tape no more panel. You do know that CBP doesnt have LEO status and 30 and 55 or 30 and 57 depends on yob for me 83 is 57. However they are fighting for leo 6c status but i hear they have been trying forever.
              Hey I appreciate your information alot thanks. I know CBP isnt LE work but I still have my heart set on it. This may sound cheesy but I've always dreamed of working a federal job and CBP really seems like a job where I could get to love it. I cant believe you had to wait two years to get hired that is crazy omg. Do you know how fast they are processing applicants now?? for CBP positions?? Do you know of the avg time??. I'm taking the test at what is called a compressed location and usually its eight hours and then afterwards they give me an oral board interview date or the VBT like you mentioned. If someone like me took it at the compressed site like I'm how long til I get the letter in the mail?.
              Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

              Comment


              • Hey guys, just an update. I passed the medical and fit test today. Wasn't too bad. They had processed three other CBPO applicants at the healthcare place I was at today. It seems like there is a push to get applicants for certain areas. Has anyone been through the VBT that could give some insight? Is it just a typical interview minus the panel? Am I just going to be given a question and have to state a response like "What would you do in the following situation?" Thanks
                Assessment: Passed (89) 2/9/07
                Qualifications: Pending
                VBT: 4/12/07 rescheduled 6/5/07 Passed 6/21/07
                Medical: Passed 3/21/07
                Fitness Test: Passed 3/21/07
                Background: In security office
                Drug Test: Scheduled for 6/27/07

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NavCop22
                  Hey I appreciate your information alot thanks. I know CBP isnt LE work but I still have my heart set on it. This may sound cheesy but I've always dreamed of working a federal job and CBP really seems like a job where I could get to love it. I cant believe you had to wait two years to get hired that is crazy omg. Do you know how fast they are processing applicants now?? for CBP positions?? Do you know of the avg time??. I'm taking the test at what is called a compressed location and usually its eight hours and then afterwards they give me an oral board interview date or the VBT like you mentioned. If someone like me took it at the compressed site like I'm how long til I get the letter in the mail?.
                  Its a great job, they pay well... alot to deal with though
                  When i went to FLETC jan.-may 06 there was a class every week - week 1/2 so lots of pple and turnover is high. I have never heard of compressed test so cant answer on that.
                  good luck
                  When in doubt prone em' out!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bigblue8081
                    Its a great job, they pay well... alot to deal with though
                    When i went to FLETC jan.-may 06 there was a class every week - week 1/2 so lots of pple and turnover is high. I have never heard of compressed test so cant answer on that.
                    good luck


                    As of right now they only have Southwest spots. I choose West Texas the Marfa CBP Station. Can you tell me anything you know about that station or the Southwest in general.
                    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NavCop22
                      As of right now they only have Southwest spots. I choose West Texas the Marfa CBP Station. Can you tell me anything you know about that station or the Southwest in general.
                      Make sure u wear ur armor lol, all kidding aside u get shot at from Mexico I'm in NY jfk airport i hear stories from pple in my fletc class they get into alota scuffls. If its a land border port that is airports are safe. seaports have fumes in cargo containers. depends
                      When in doubt prone em' out!

                      Comment


                      • Ditto, SW border can be rough duty, but it also can be rewarding. I'd shoot for el paso rather than marfa, more tdy opportunity, and specialised team opportunity.

                        Comment


                        • Methinks some of you are comparing apples to oranges.

                          Marfa is(I believe) a Border Patrol Station, not a CBP Port of Entry and compressed testing is a child of the BP also. I don't believe there is compressed testing for CBPO's.

                          Comment


                          • I hear that as a CBPO it takes 30 years to retire. Is that true? I am almost 41 and been in the military for 16 if I have to work 30 years I'll be close to 71 before retirement.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by erivera
                              I hear that as a CBPO it takes 30 years to retire. Is that true? I am almost 41 and been in the military for 16 if I have to work 30 years I'll be close to 71 before retirement.
                              It is a 30 retirement but I am not sure how military time works I wasnt in military. I do think ur time counts.????Someone else can comment.
                              When in doubt prone em' out!

                              Comment


                              • Does anyone knows how physically damanding is the academy? Do they run everyday? etc. Is it like the military? or do they just physically work you and you just need to pass their physical test?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7339 users online. 326 members and 7013 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X