300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
    You are currently a federal LEO and live with your parents? Why? You can't tell me that you can't afford your own place. Even when I worked for the BOP, I made in excess of $50,000/yr. Perhaps its time you cut the umbilical cord. I know it will suck not having your mom cleaning your room, cooking dinner for you, and doing your laundry, but we all need to become adults at some point.
    Before you judge someone you may want to know the whole story. Maybe he/she has medical bills they cannot afford? May he/she is helping a disabled or sick family member out? Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions and bust someone's chops over something you know nothing about.

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
      Before you judge someone you may want to know the whole story. Maybe he/she has medical bills they cannot afford? May he/she is helping a disabled or sick family member out? Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions and bust someone's chops over something you know nothing about.
      I am going to have to agree with seeOH on this one... both my wife and I do very well financially and we help take care of some of her parents' financial obligations, and let me tell you, it isn't cheap.
      Granted, I own my home and they own theirs, but they still struggle...luckily we are always there to help
      BPA
      BPA test date: 8/21/10
      TSU: 2/6/12
      EOD: ???

CBPO
      Got the call!
      PFT2: 3/23
      EOD: 4/9
      FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
        You are currently a federal LEO and live with your parents? Why? You can't tell me that you can't afford your own place. Even when I worked for the BOP, I made in excess of $50,000/yr. Perhaps its time you cut the umbilical cord. I know it will suck not having your mom cleaning your room, cooking dinner for you, and doing your laundry, but we all need to become adults at some point.
        I am responsible, I have everything paid off and I live within my means. I am still at home because my parents got divorced when I was 12yrs old. It is hard for a single mom with 4 kids growing up. I am 29 now and I helped pay off our home, bought her a new washer/dryer and gave her a down payment so she can buy a new vehicle. I am helping her because I will probley not get something close by and I am not the type of son to see my mom struggling. As for my dad, he is a POS and I don't talk to him.

Comment

• What the heck?!? My CBPO timeline is below. Yet, I have not heard anything since my NOR. I noticed others are in TSU that tested after me with lower results. Should I keep waiting or did my file slip through the cracks?

CBPO
          Applied: 06/24/11, Geo Pref: SW
          Tested: 07/21/11
          NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 = 94, no vet
          Last edited by Section8; 01-28-2012, 01:57 PM.
          BPA Status
          TSU: 04/24/09
          EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
          Resigned: 10/28/09
          Reapplied: 07/29/11
          NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
          TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
          PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
          Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
          Applied: 06/24/11
          Written: 07/21/11
          NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
            VLCs? What does that stand for? I take it you guys aren't talking about the open source software that plays nearly every video format on the planet..
            Virtual Learning Center

Comment

How long was your pre-FLETC stint at your POE? Did you get to shadow any of the current agents during your time there? Were you introduced to all the tasks you'd be doing after you complete training at FLETC?
              1) Roughly 1 month
              2) Not agents..officers...and yes a few times.
              3) No

Comment

• Anyone here have the address for IA? or at least I think it's IA or whomever the background investigator submits our backgrounds to. After my BI was complete, my investigator told me I had to send a couple transcripts to them but I feel like I'm getting an incomplete address. he told me to send them to

US Customs Office
                1300 Pennsylvania Ave
                8 Parkway Center
                Washington DC 90229

in googlemaps this is incorrect and I believe the "8 Parkway Center" is for a Customs office in PA. anyhow, I just want to make sure my transcripts get to the right place so if anyone has the actual address of where these ought to go..
                CBPO
                Geo - West Coast
                Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                NOR - 4/2/12
                TSL - 6/12/12
                PFT1 - green
                BI -
                Quals -
                VBT/SI - green
                Drug Screen - green

Comment

Ahhhhhh... Ok, so in other that's the panel interview. Yeah, didn't do that one for CBP. :P
                  When I applied in 07 it didn't exist in the process either. Just the BI. Now it comes right after the VBT. Its not hard...just basically checking to see if you can meet the competencies required for the position. Fairly quick and painless for most I would think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                    There were no tests beyond VLC's. Make sure you ask about the annual VLC's also..the ones that all CBPO'S need to complete...I did all of those before I came to FLETC. All said and done I think I did 41 of them. Just continue to be willing to do whatever...I did many things at Pre-FLETC...transport chairs...setup for conferences...I know others that typed up papers for chiefs etc. Don't worry...you won't be bored once you are down here. Always something to get ready for the next day, test etc.
                    Yep, if they want to pay me to file papers, then I'll take it....no complaints. It beats trying to scour the internet all day long to stay busy. Its a small port so not much else for one to do pre-academy but I have had a fair amount of time observing primary and secondary which is nice. I'm going to enjoy the break now because life at and after FLETC won't be anything like this!

Comment

• Originally posted by Section8 View Post
                      What the heck?!? My CBPO timeline is below. Yet, I have not heard anything since my NOR. I noticed others are in TSU that tested after me with lower results. Should I keep waiting or did my file slip through the cracks?

CBPO
                      Most likely went into your spam folder instead of your inbox. Usually after 30 days sitting in the spam folder, an email automatically gets deleted so it's probably too late to find out whether it was there or not. I'd advise anyone applying for future job announcements to save HR, medical, etc email addresses into your contact list to prevent this from occurring. Also browse your spam folder at least once a week to make sure any wayward legit emails didn't find their way inside.

Heck, I'm an officer and I still have all the MHC, NHC PCMED, email addresses on my contact list from 2009.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
                        How is everyone doing so far? Keep your hopes up lol, I'm scheduled for my VBT on monday and was wondering if the Structure Interview will be done right after the VBT on the same day, or is the VBT the SI? Also, my (Background Investigation) is listed on CASS as "Your case is in the security office." Does that means good or bad? enjoy your weekend everyone.
                        Still waiting for a TO. Tested 9/11 originally for the ES but switched on Christmas to SWB. STILL waiting! Am I late?
                        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                          wow...do you think I would get a TSL from the mid atlantic if I changed back from the SW? I didn't get a TO yet...ugh this is the ultimate bummer.
                          Just wait w/ me Waterpistola! We will get it eventually.
                          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Section8 View Post
                            What the heck?!? My CBPO timeline is below. Yet, I have not heard anything since my NOR. I noticed others are in TSU that tested after me with lower results. Should I keep waiting or did my file slip through the cracks?

CBPO
                            Strange how you haven't received your tentative selection yet with a score of 94 for SW.
                            I tested on 08/11 for SW also with my NOR on 09/11. 81%
                            Received TSL on 11/11.
                            I suggest to, email MHC and inquire about your status. If no emails in your spam folder, did you received your finger print cards in the mail?
                            Exam: 03/2012
                            NOR: 04/2012 81
                            Qualified for: GS 7
                            TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                            Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                            VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                            Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                            BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                            Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                            EOD:
                            PFT 2:

Comment

• I had my VBT today, i think I did well lol. After the VBT, I waited about 20 minutes then did the Strutured Interview as well. The two CBP Officers were really cool and professional, they said I should hear back from MHC in about 4 weeks for my results.
                              Exam: 03/2012
                              NOR: 04/2012 81
                              Qualified for: GS 7
                              TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                              Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                              VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                              Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                              BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                              Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                              EOD:
                              PFT 2:

Comment

• Is anyone going to Laredo in March for OJT and then to the academy in April? My schedule is for Laredo in March but I need more information on where I can stay for that month or if anyone is interested in splitting a place to save money until we get the ball moving just let me know.
                                Last edited by rene; 01-31-2012, 12:17 AM. Reason: word error and addition

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6681 users online. 228 members and 6453 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X