Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know a handful of CBPOs with dual(Canadian) citizenship.

I also know a handful of CBSA(our Canadian counterparts) with dual(US) citizenship.

Comment

• Sent in my appeal of the NOPA. Any idea how long they usually take to review it and give you a final determination?

Comment

• I hear you on the boredom for those who have been stuck in pre-academy for a month or so. Been at my POE since 12/19 and I think I reached the end of the internet! Not to mention I'm a class of 1 so I don't have anyone else to share the pain. But I'm getting paid for it and FLETC will be totally different so I guess I should enjoy it.
        Speaking of pre-academy.....has anyone had to take any 'tests' of any kind? Besides the ones in the VLCs that is. No one at my port has been to FTO school yet and I'm their first hire since the new pre-academy training went into effect. Today they mentioned that maybe there were tests I should have been given but they don't know what they are or how to find them if they exist. Any thoughts? I just don't want this to affect my FLETC start date if they didn't give me everything I should've had. I have until the end of next month to find out so any feedback is appreciated.
        Last edited by wmu2003; 01-26-2012, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Are CBPO trainees at FLETC required to get tased or is it optional?

I know they have to attend the taser class.

Comment

• It took about a week and half for them to review my NOPA and clear my BI.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
              After not walking for over three months due to a badly broken leg, then basically learning how to walk again with that leg I'm proud to say I was able to run a sub 17 minute 1.5 mile this morning, and that was at a 1% incline on the treadmill.

I am pumped and ready to take on the pft1, if only I could now get it scheduled. I realize that the PFT1 doesn't include a 1.5 mile run but I am preparing myself to hopefully run a sub 10 minute 1.5 mile should I be fortunate enough to ever make it to the PFT2.

I'm also surprised I haven't received my TSL2 yet, it's been over two weeks now since receiving and returning my TSL1, I thought the TSL2 typically came pretty quick after the TSL1.
              It could be a while, they must have wanted you to get the offer before your score expired? I mean look at the guys waiting since 07 and 08! best of luck though.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                Are CBPO trainees at FLETC required to get tased or is it optional?

I know they have to attend the taser class.
                Getting tased is still optional.

Comment

• Originally posted by urdoc88 View Post
                  It took about a week and half for them to review my NOPA and clear my BI.
                  You just never know...my NOPA took 8 months...and then over a year later...my 2nd BI cleared.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmu2003 View Post
                    I hear you on the boredom for those who have been stuck in pre-academy for a month or so. Been at my POE since 12/19 and I think I reached the end of the internet! Not to mention I'm a class of 1 so I don't have anyone else to share the pain. But I'm getting paid for it and FLETC will be totally different so I guess I should enjoy it.
                    Speaking of pre-academy.....has anyone had to take any 'tests' of any kind? Besides the ones in the VLCs that is. No one at my port has been to FTO school yet and I'm their first hire since the new pre-academy training went into effect. Today they mentioned that maybe there were tests I should have been given but they don't know what they are or how to find them if they exist. Any thoughts? I just don't want this to affect my FLETC start date if they didn't give me everything I should've had. I have until the end of next month to find out so any feedback is appreciated.
                    There were no tests beyond VLC's. Make sure you ask about the annual VLC's also..the ones that all CBPO'S need to complete...I did all of those before I came to FLETC. All said and done I think I did 41 of them. Just continue to be willing to do whatever...I did many things at Pre-FLETC...transport chairs...setup for conferences...I know others that typed up papers for chiefs etc. Don't worry...you won't be bored once you are down here. Always something to get ready for the next day, test etc.

Comment

• Finally talked to the lady at IA today. She said my case is currently with the Polygraph Unit and that I may or may not be selected for a test. She said to call her back if I don't hear anything in 2 weeks.
                      Hurry up and wait some more.....
                      CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
                      NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
                      T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
                      E-QIP: 10/12/11
                      VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
                      Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
                      Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
                      Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
                      B.I.: ???
                      PFT2:
                      E.O.D.:

Comment

• From what I heard all the new applicants are getting polygraphed. I am also scheduled to take one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashan646 View Post
                          From what I heard all the new applicants are getting polygraphed. I am also scheduled to take one.
                          You heard right, so count on it. The hiring process changed sometime between 2008-2010, so anyone who started the application process after the change is now getting polygraphed (those were the words from the FBI agent that did my poly). He said it also doesn't matter if you started the process in 2007 or 2008, the change is retroactive to anyone not yet at FLETC or at their POE.
                          CBP written test Miami, FL
                          11/10/2007
                          NOR letter 01/16/2008
                          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                          9/4/2009
                          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                          never got first)
                          qualifications completed
                          BI interview 9/30/2009
                          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                          poly: Mar 2011
                          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                            There were no tests beyond VLC's. ...
                            VLCs? What does that stand for? I take it you guys aren't talking about the open source software that plays nearly every video format on the planet..
                            Last edited by sandwichman; 01-27-2012, 11:06 AM.
                            11/10/2007
                            NOR letter 01/16/2008
                            VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                            Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                            9/4/2009
                            TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                            never got first)
                            qualifications completed
                            BI interview 9/30/2009

Comment

• Video learning course? Might be wrong it what it stands for, but think of slideshows and computer based lectures. Cool the first few times, but man do they wear on you after a while. Despite being here 3 months, our instructor had us knock out 30 or so in the first few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                                There were no tests beyond VLC's. Make sure you ask about the annual VLC's also..the ones that all CBPO'S need to complete...I did all of those before I came to FLETC. All said and done I think I did 41 of them. Just continue to be willing to do whatever...I did many things at Pre-FLETC...transport chairs...setup for conferences...I know others that typed up papers for chiefs etc. ..
                                How long was your pre-FLETC stint at your POE? Did you get to shadow any of the current agents during your time there? Were you introduced to all the tasks you'd be doing after you complete training at FLETC?
                                11/10/2007
                                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                                9/4/2009
                                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                                never got first)
                                qualifications completed
                                BI interview 9/30/2009

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9961 users online. 515 members and 9446 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X