Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All green checks as of today.... definitely stoked!!
    I qualified as a GS-5 but with a special pay rate, that is according to CBP HR. 4 years in the Corps and 12 years working as a civilian for the AF as a WG-10 maxed out. (pay is equivalent to GS-9 pay)
    BPA
    BPA test date: 8/21/10
    TSU: 2/6/12
    EOD: ???

CBPO
    Got the call!
    PFT2: 3/23
    EOD: 4/9
    FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Raymart View Post
      All green checks as of today.... definitely stoked!!
      I qualified as a GS-5 but with a special pay rate, that is according to CBP HR. 4 years in the Corps and 12 years working as a civilian for the AF as a WG-10 maxed out. (pay is equivalent to GS-9 pay)
      Sweet man, congrats!

Moral of the story boys and girls, there is wiggle room as far as starting pay is concerned and the results will vary on an individual basis.

Speaking of which..

I wonder if investigating and preventing cyber crimes qualifies for any potential increase above GS-7.
      CBP written test Miami, FL
      11/10/2007
      NOR letter 01/16/2008
      VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
      Forms 6/2/2009 completed
      Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
      9/4/2009
      Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
      drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
      TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
      never got first)
      qualifications completed
      BI interview 9/30/2009
      BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
      poly: Mar 2011
      updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
      BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
        Sweet man, congrats!

Moral of the story boys and girls, there is wiggle room as far as starting pay is concerned and the results will vary on an individual basis.

Speaking of which..

I wonder if investigating and preventing cyber crimes qualifies for any potential increase above GS-7.
        Sandwichman, glad to see you're inching closer to EOD.......I have a lot of respect for those of you who have been waiting years for this gig. I hope your day comes soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
          Sweet man, congrats!

Speaking of which..

Sandwichman... your TSU date of 10/30/2009 is exactly the same as mine. This coming April it will be 3 years since I applied.

Comment

• There is a limited number of funded GS-07 positions available at any given time.
            Regardless of an applicant's qualifications, CBP can't offer up unfunded GS-07s.

It's often a good idea to jump on a GS-05 quickly rather than to hold out for a GS-07 offer.
            A bird in hand...

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
              Sandwichman, glad to see you're inching closer to EOD.......I have a lot of respect for those of you who have been waiting years for this gig. I hope your day comes soon.
              Thanks, we'll see. CASS is all green except for the forms and my BI being in the security office. I wonder if becoming a Navy SEAL takes this long.
              CBP written test Miami, FL
              11/10/2007
              NOR letter 01/16/2008
              VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
              Forms 6/2/2009 completed
              Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
              9/4/2009
              Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
              drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
              TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
              never got first)
              qualifications completed
              BI interview 9/30/2009
              BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
              poly: Mar 2011
              updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
              BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• PFT2 scheduled for 2/9/12--woot!!!
                EOD: 2/2012
                FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• congrats bro!
                  BPA
                  BPA test date: 8/21/10
                  TSU: 2/6/12
                  EOD: ???

CBPO
                  Got the call!
                  PFT2: 3/23
                  EOD: 4/9
                  FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

Comment

• anyone else that EOD Dec 19 just absolutely bored out of their mind at pre-fletc?

We're just over a month in (with nearly 2 more to go!) and we've run out of VLCs, lectures, visits to our POE, etc.

We sat in the computer lab all morning (830 to 1130) and did nothing but browse CNN.com, look up things to do around FLETC, etc. We've been doing that nearly every day for the last week or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                      anyone else that EOD Dec 19 just absolutely bored out of their mind at pre-fletc?

We're just over a month in (with nearly 2 more to go!) and we've run out of VLCs, lectures, visits to our POE, etc.

We sat in the computer lab all morning (830 to 1130) and did nothing but browse CNN.com, look up things to do around FLETC, etc. We've been doing that nearly every day for the last week or two.
                      What POE are you at again? We were all like that last week, but we were all assigned to office work in different parts of the port. I'm a cashier. I would highly recommend it if you are offered the spot. Volunteer for the swing or midnight shift. You get paid night dif.

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                        What POE are you at again? We were all like that last week, but we were all assigned to office work in different parts of the port. I'm a cashier. I would highly recommend it if you are offered the spot. Volunteer for the swing or midnight shift. You get paid night dif.
                        Not sure how you're pulling that off, since "trainees" are not allowed OT or differential pay... All you guys should be on a M-F / 8-4 shift.
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                          wow so you're getting paid night diff. already?? lol you're gonna make 60K in pre academy alone. i wouldn't have thought that was possible. like yoda said, i thought it was a M-F gig. well my pre academy is only a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                            anyone else that EOD Dec 19 just absolutely bored out of their mind at pre-fletc?

whens your academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              Not sure how you're pulling that off, since "trainees" are not allowed OT or differential pay... All you guys should be on a M-F / 8-4 shift.
                              That's wrong. I'm sure the port would prefer trainees not get overtime, and I'm not. They make sure no one does overtime, but night differential is a different thing. There's so many of us that EOD'd right now that they just stuck us where they could. They can't have 2 new cashiers working the same shift. I guess it just depends on your port.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aesco84 View Post
                                wow so you're getting paid night diff. already?? lol you're gonna make 60K in pre academy alone. i wouldn't have thought that was possible. like yoda said, i thought it was a M-F gig. well my pre academy is only a month.
                                it's not that much.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5615 users online. 363 members and 5252 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X