300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
    Yes my file was supposedly "Expedited" from what my background investigator told me. She had less then a week to submit the file and same with the other background investigators that were checking my references. Are you referred to EOD Scheduling rite now? Didn't see it in your signature.
    Yup my investigator told me the same thing that he had a week to submit my BI too.No not yet, I just went green yesterday so more than likely Ill be referred to EOD next week or in a couple, hopefully. So for now im just going to have to be playing the waiting game and checking cass 5 times a day.
    GEO Pref: SWB
    App Date: 6/2/11
    Written Exam: 7/23/11
    NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-7): 9/29/11
    TSL submitted: 10/07/11
    E-QIP 10/15/11
    Qualifications: ( cleared CASS GS7 1/11/12)
    PFT1: 11/03/11 (cleared CASS 11/1/11)
    Med: 11/8/11 Done (cleared on CASS )
    BI: 11/02/11 (cleared CASS 11/25/11)
    VBT/SI: 12/16/11 cleared on CASS)
    DT: 12/14/11 (cleared 12/20/11)
    Referred to Schedule EOD 01/31/12
    PFT2: 3-7-12
    EOD:3-19-12
    FLETC: 4-18-12

Comment

• Originally posted by jose45th View Post
      Yup my investigator told me the same thing that he had a week to submit my BI too.No not yet, I just went green yesterday so more than likely Ill be referred to EOD next week or in a couple, hopefully. So for now im just going to have to be playing the waiting game and checking cass 5 times a day.
      checking cass 5 times a day is the worst thing you can do lol. just makes it seem longer and every time you check it and see that nothing changed you're gonna be like WTF?!?! CMON!!!!

when i got "the call" my cass didn't say refer to EOD. my background never went green. that was the only check mark i was missing. after i hung up the phone with MHC i immediately checked my cass and it said referred to schedule EOD. my background did clear but i guess they didn't check it off. you could get "the call" before it says schedule EOD
      EOD: 2/2012
      FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Aesco84 View Post
        checking cass 5 times a day is the worst thing you can do lol. just makes it seem longer and every time you check it and see that nothing changed you're gonna be like WTF?!?! CMON!!!!

when i got "the call" my cass didn't say refer to EOD. my background never went green. that was the only check mark i was missing. after i hung up the phone with MHC i immediately checked my cass and it said referred to schedule EOD. my background did clear but i guess they didn't check it off. you could get "the call" before it says schedule EOD
        Agreed, checking CASS 5 times a day is going to kill you. I would just check it like end of day every Tues & Thursday and leave it at that. You kind of want that suspense instead of setting yourself up for disappointment everyday when you see that the status hasn't changed to green. The only time I check a lot was after my vbt/si because I seriously thought I failed it because my responses weren't good in my eyes and after the response I was thinking "crap I could have added more and said this instead." I actually might be applying to AT&T as an analyst or something just to get out of where I'm at now but if and when I get the call rest assured I will taking it.
        CBPO
        App Date: 8/2/11
        Written Exam: 9/1/11
        NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
        TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
        E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
        SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
        PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
        Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
        BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
        VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
        DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
        Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
        Call Rec.: 3/2/12
        PFT2: 3/16/12
        EOD: 4/9/12
        FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

I don't think those BI submission deadlines mean much of anything. I met with my BI during the week between Christmas and New Year's, and the guy said the same thing about having a week. I'm waiting on a position in MI, so clearly not a priority overall. If Internal Affairs didn't impose a deadline on the contract investigators, then they would drag the BIs out. Obviously, IA will expedite background processing based on their priorities (e.g. SWB), and the rest of get to wait some more.

Comment

• Once CASS says "reffered to EOD", it doesn't change. You'll just get the call.

Comment

• One more check mark in the "plus" column. I checked this evening and as of today my CASS changed to "referred to EOD". Been a long time since that's been on there, at least a year! I'm keeping my fingers AND toes crossed now!! Maybe 2012 will finally be my year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mich-Again View Post
                I don't think those BI submission deadlines mean much of anything. I met with my BI during the week between Christmas and New Year's, and the guy said the same thing about having a week. I'm waiting on a position in MI, so clearly not a priority overall. If Internal Affairs didn't impose a deadline on the contract investigators, then they would drag the BIs out. Obviously, IA will expedite background processing based on their priorities (e.g. SWB), and the rest of get to wait some more.
                Well idk if it matters but my BI went green on CASS in less than a month after i met with my investigator. Like you said i guess it depends on the location you selected .
                Last edited by jose45th; 01-21-2012, 12:03 AM.
                App Date: 6/2/11
                Written Exam: 7/23/11
                NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-7): 9/29/11
                TSL submitted: 10/07/11
                E-QIP 10/15/11
                Qualifications: ( cleared CASS GS7 1/11/12)
                PFT1: 11/03/11 (cleared CASS 11/1/11)
                Med: 11/8/11 Done (cleared on CASS )
                BI: 11/02/11 (cleared CASS 11/25/11)
                VBT/SI: 12/16/11 cleared on CASS)
                DT: 12/14/11 (cleared 12/20/11)
                Referred to Schedule EOD 01/31/12
                PFT2: 3-7-12
                EOD:3-19-12
                FLETC: 4-18-12

Comment

• Can you be disqualifed strictly on a year of bad credit? Also, has anyone successfully appealed a financial issue on their background report? I have been in the process for over three years and had perfect credit during my first background investigation but the economy was not kind to me last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by normy0 View Post
                    Can you be disqualifed strictly on a year of bad credit? Also, has anyone successfully appealed a financial issue on their background report? I have been in the process for over three years and had perfect credit during my first background investigation but the economy was not kind to me last year.
                    Yes and yes.

I'll hazard a guess and state that a financial NOPA is probably one of the easiest NOPAs to beat.

Comment

• Has anyone successfuly repealed a NOPA? I just submitted a NOPAL and I am worried if my background clearance will be approved.

Comment

I got a bachelor myself and i don't think it makes that much of a difference. If am right the bachelor would help you to qualify as a G7, which means you might make a couple extra thousand at entry level.At the end you should be making about the same money than everybody else according with your level and locality
                        So pretty much I am getting a bachelor's for no reason?! >_<
                        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Aesco84 View Post
                          i got the 7 too and i applied for the 5 lol. needless to say i was happy when they told me
                          When did they tell you this, Aesco? During or after the SI? Also what do you think qualified you for the 7?
                          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                            So pretty much I am getting a bachelor's for no reason?! >_<
                            You are not guaranteed a CBP Officer positron regardless of what the circumstances are. I would hope you have a back up plan in case you don't get the job. That back up plan should include that Bachelor's degree. I also hope that degree is not criminal justice as a criminal justice degree is really NOT needed for any law enforcement job yet is pretty useless for inclusion in a back up plan.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                              When did they tell you this, Aesco? During or after the SI? Also what do you think qualified you for the 7?
                              when i got "the call" the first time in Oct. the lady told me "we're offering you the position. your POE is AZ as a GS-7". i told them i was in my last semester of school and i didn't want to leave yet. they gave me a 90 day hold which was lifted on 1/4/12. I got "the call" for the SECOND time a week after my freeze was lifted. this time i said yes! My first call was back in October. I got a letter one week later telling me my grade, status and what happens next (even though i already knew bc MHC told me). The letter telling me my grade and status was dated for 10/3/11 but arrived a week later. since i got the call on 10/4/11 i already knew what was going on.

I don't think they tell people their grade during a SI. But, i could be wrong.

I did 4 years in the military and i have a Bachelor's. It was definitely the military that gave me the 7. I was military police. i really don't think the MP mattered though. I'm sure a chef in the military who has never shot a gun (except for boot camp) or handcuffed would probably be a GS-7 just bc of military experience.
                              Last edited by Aesco84; 01-22-2012, 12:30 PM.
                              EOD: 2/2012
                              FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                                You are not guaranteed a CBP Officer positron regardless of what the circumstances are. I would hope you have a back up plan in case you don't get the job. That back up plan should include that Bachelor's degree. I also hope that degree is not criminal justice as a criminal justice degree is really NOT needed for any law enforcement job yet is pretty useless for inclusion in a back up plan.

FB
                                Oh, thanks for being so considerate of my self esteem! lol I just so happen to be a major in Criminal Justice. I'm graduating in a few months.

However, I have heard that agencies like the FBI prefer accounting, engineering, chemistry, etc over CJ. Nonetheless, I'm sure I will be able to find a nice career with the degree I'll be getting. It's a bold statement to say that it's useless though.

Whether it was a CJ or accounting degree, or anything else for that matter, it still wouldn't have made much of a difference as a CBPO. Or at least that's what I'm understanding from the discussion.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8269 users online. 458 members and 7811 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X