300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    They must need people pretty badly for the new hiring vacancy. I re-applied on July 24th, i think and got a T.O. packet yesterday, now thats quick by the MHC's standards.
    Wow, that is fast. What location did you apply to? What was your score?

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
      I have a general question! I contacted internal affairs in Houston and spoke to the person who called me for additional info on my BI, He told me he was done with my BI and found me suitable for the job meaning that he passed me. He also said he sent my file to Washington, and that at this point the only thing I'm waiting for is THE CALL! for a job offer. Has anyone been in this situation? Can someone shed some light into this? I don't wanna get my hopes up but I think i may be getting close! I tested back in NOV 2007 and everything shows completed in CAAS except; QUALS= pending and BI= In the security office.
      Any info would be greatly appreciated!
      I would not put to much emphasis on what shows in CASS. I received letter confirming quals complete and all other pre-employment processing successfully completed on Monday (letter dated 7/31). CASS still has quals pending and BI-in security office. Try hotline number it has been more timely than CASS in my situation. Hotline was up to date Tuesday stating I was sent to training and scheduling and wait for the call. (still no call but waiting) Feel kind of foolish checking CASS so religiously when hotline might be more accurate!?!?
      Exam- 11/07/07
      T.O.- 1/15/08
      Forms- 2/8/08
      VBT- 2/19/08
      Quals- 7/31/08
      Med/Fit- 2/20/08
      Drug- 4/16/08
      B.I.- 7/31/08
      In scheduling 8/4/08
      EOD- 10/27/2008
      FLETC- 11/19/08 to 3/11/08

Comment

• So I got my results back on the test...Scored an 80, which I'm not real happy about. The part I thought I would do the best on (math), I believe I scored the worst in, and the part I thought I would struggle with (the logic (since when does the government make sense? :P), I think I did the best in.

How far behind the 8 ball does this put me?
        CBPO
        TESTED: 07/25/08
        NOR: 08/04/08
        TO:
        PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS -
        MEDICAL -
        FITNESS -
        VBT -
        QUALS -
        DRUG TEST -
        BI -

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
          I had the same problem. I couldn't get cleared because of my vision so I had LASIK done. I had horrible vision and now I see 20/20, it's incredible. Once you get the LASIK you must get a letter from you Dr. stating the procedure, the date it was conducted, and the results. This letter needs to be sent to the Medical Unit and then they will in turn send you a packet that you will need to take to your Dr. 90 days after the surgery for him to fill out. Right now I'm still waiting for the 90 days to be up, I'm at 59.
          Hey USMC3537,

I am almost in the same boat as you are. I have successfully completed all the steps in CASS minus the BI and medical clearance. I too had Lasik, so I am required to wait the 90 days. I am on day 49.

My question is, did they perform your BI while you are on medical clearance. From what they have told me in MHC, my application is not on hold, therefore they will continue with the hiring process as normal. I'm just a little worried because everything was moving along quickly, but it has now been about a month and there have been no new updates.

Thank you and Good luck to all!

Comment

• Originally posted by WFM1125 View Post
            So I got my results back on the test...Scored an 80, which I'm not real happy about. The part I thought I would do the best on (math), I believe I scored the worst in, and the part I thought I would struggle with (the logic (since when does the government make sense? :P), I think I did the best in.

How far behind the 8 ball does this put me?
            Depends on the location you tested out of and the list of applicants who scored higher than you for that area.

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
              Hey USMC3537,

I am almost in the same boat as you are. I have successfully completed all the steps in CASS minus the BI and medical clearance. I too had Lasik, so I am required to wait the 90 days. I am on day 49.

My question is, did they perform your BI while you are on medical clearance. From what they have told me in MHC, my application is not on hold, therefore they will continue with the hiring process as normal. I'm just a little worried because everything was moving along quickly, but it has now been about a month and there have been no new updates.

Thank you and Good luck to all!
              I met with the investigator like the same week I did my medical, and it only took about 2 weeks for my BI to clear. The only thing is that I think they stopped working on my pre-employment forms and the Qualifications since they found out it was going to be a while before I was hired. Not a big deal as I'm sure those will go quickly once everything else is complete.
              My stuff was going real quick also, but this eye thing put a damper on it. From what I have read in these forums, the process is completely unpredictable for the most part.
              GEO Pref: MIA
              Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
              TO: 9/08
              Pre-employment Forms: Completed
              Medical: Completed
              Fitness: Completed
              VBT: Completed 12/4
              BI: Completed
              Qualifications: Completed
              TSU: 12/4
              EOD: 2/17
              FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                Wow, that is fast. What location did you apply to? What was your score?
                Applied for Michigan. My score was a 90.

Comment

• Originally posted by shopshop View Post
                  Thanks for your information, I am really appreciated that, I might consider for Lasik surgery anyway, I can completed within a short period of time. Even I clear my medical, I still have BI to worry about, why did they make it so hard even they need tremedous of workforce.
                  right, but remember that they do not start the BI until you are cleared from medical and drug test...
                  TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
                  NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
                  QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
                  GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
                  PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
                  MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
                  FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
                  VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
                  DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
                  BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                    Applied for Michigan. My score was a 90.
                    Does anything appear when you log into CASS?

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                      Does anything appear when you log into CASS?
                      Not online, but on the phone CASS im completed for drug test, medical, fitness, and VBT. Phone obviously is more up to date.

Comment

• Does anyone here know the hotline number for CASS updates?

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
                          Does anyone here know the hotline number for CASS updates?
                          612-467-7040

Comment

• Originally posted by depezhe View Post
                            right, but remember that they do not start the BI until you are cleared from medical and drug test...
                            That was not true in my case. My BI started, and then I received a not medically cleared letter for LASIK and an ankle injury. I eventually cleared up the medical issues, but I'm still waiting on my BI.

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to the order of the process, so don't get hung up on the details. Just be prepared to wait. That is the only constant for all of us.
                            ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                            Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                            March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                            July 09 Oral Board
                            Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                            Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Eod Call

Hey guys, today I received the EOD call for NY JFK airport location. Here is the timeline for those in NY:

TEST - 11/07
                              T/O & FORMS - 3/08
                              VBT - 4/08
                              MEDICAL - 5/08
                              DRUG TEST - 6/08
                              BACKGROUND INTERVIEW - 6/08
                              "THE CALL" - 8/8/08
                              EOD - 9/2/08
                              FLETC - 10/2/08 - 1/23/09

My CASS still shows "Background in the security office" but I was told it has cleared. (CASS not updated)

Is anyone else reporting to FLETC on 10/2?
                              Last edited by ynagics; 08-08-2008, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ynagics View Post
                                Hey guys, today I received the EOD call for NY JFK airport location. Here is the timeline for those in NY:

TEST - 11/07
                                T/O & FORMS - 3/08
                                VBT - 4/08
                                MEDICAL - 5/08
                                DRUG TEST - 6/08
                                BACKGROUND INTERVIEW - 6/08
                                "THE CALL" - 8/8/08
                                EOD - 9/2/08
                                FLETC - 10/2/08 - 1/23/09

My CASS still shows "Background in the security office" but I was told it has cleared. (CASS not updated)

Is anyone else reporting to FLETC on 10/2?
                                That is my FLETC report date as well, however I just got a deferment on my EOD and FLETC report date due to some long standing plans that I had, my wifes 30th B-day trip to Maui. There was no way she was letting me get out of that one

The MHC scheduling staff is willing to accommodate these deferments if you have proof of itinerary, etc. for something that is long standing and important. It was the last thing I wanted to do but oh well.

Not sure yet, but I will probably be there late October now. Keep us posted as you EOD and with your experiences at FLETC. Many here on the board would be greatly excited to know what awaits them.

Oh BTW, if you have the time visit Jekyll Island, and St. Simon Island. They are not too far from Brunswick/Glynco and are really, really neat both from a histoical perspective and a $$$ perspective.
                                Last edited by deyosurf19; 08-08-2008, 07:12 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11520 users online. 441 members and 11079 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X