300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by htcguy1 View Post
    yeah my question more about the minimum. I did 17 sit ups (I know lame ole) and did 37 push ups. IDK about the side step or lift test score. I finished the step test though. We'll see I have the VBT on the 30th but not confident I passed the PFT.
    For what i remember, I think you were supposed to do at least 25 situps in order to pass the 1PFT. Good luck in the process brother, keep your head up.
    GEO Pref: SWB
    App Date: 6/2/11
    Written Exam: 7/23/11
    NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-7): 9/29/11
    TSL submitted: 10/07/11
    E-QIP 10/15/11
    Qualifications: ( cleared CASS GS7 1/11/12)
    PFT1: 11/03/11 (cleared CASS 11/1/11)
    Med: 11/8/11 Done (cleared on CASS )
    BI: 11/02/11 (cleared CASS 11/25/11)
    VBT/SI: 12/16/11 cleared on CASS)
    DT: 12/14/11 (cleared 12/20/11)
    Referred to Schedule EOD 01/31/12
    PFT2: 3-7-12
    EOD:3-19-12
    FLETC: 4-18-12

Comment

• Originally posted by jose45th View Post
      For what i remember, I think you were supposed to do at least 25 situps in order to pass the 1PFT. Good luck in the process brother, keep your head up.
      hey check this link out I think he might have failed. \

CBPO Fitness Testing Fact Sheet
      http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...po_fitness.pdf

Comment

The 25 pushup requirement is for the PFT2 -- the only requirement is to score greater than zero on each of the four parts of the PFT1. So if you only completed 17 situps, you scored a zero on that portion, which, unfortunately is a failure. Even if you are a rockstar and have a cumulative score over 80 with the other three parts, the one zero screws you up.

As with everything, wait for MHC to give you a final determination, but based on how I interpret the information, that's how I read it.

Regards,
        GatorFutureSA

DEA 1811 (June 2012):
        Applied - 06/2012

FBI 1811 (August 2012):
        Applied - 08/2012
        Phase I - 09/2012
        M & G - Pending

CBPO (Sept 2011):
        Applied - 09/2011
        Test - 09/2011 (Passed) - NOR 89
        VBT/SI - 11/2011 (Passed)
        Medical - 12/2011 (Cleared)
        PFT1 - 12/2011 (Passed)
        BI - 11/2011 (Pending - In Security Office)

ICE 1811 (June 2011):
        Applied - 06/2011
        Cancelled - 08/2012 -- sonofabitch!

Comment

• Originally posted by htcguy1 View Post
          yeah my question more about the minimum. I did 17 sit ups (I know lame ole) and did 37 push ups. IDK about the side step or lift test score. I finished the step test though. We'll see I have the VBT on the 30th but not confident I passed the PFT.
          Wow they've changed the PFT-1. When I took it all you did was the lift, holding a gun while on my knees for lik2 mins without dropping your hands, and last but not least the step test. I was part of the new people to take the PFT-2. They didn't have that and recently put that. That one is 220 yard sprint less than 50 secs. min 25 sit-ups less than a min, 17 push-ups less than a min, 1.5 min rule less than 17 min.
          Heads up tho I hear they are going to change the 1.5 mile run from 15 mins to 13 mins for your fitness graduation standards test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocafella0226! View Post
            W PFT-2. They didn't have that and recently put that. That one is 220 yard sprint less than 50 secs. min 25 sit-ups less than a min, 17 push-ups less than a min, 1.5 min rule less than 17 min.
            Heads up tho I hear they are going to change the 1.5 mile run from 15 mins to 13 mins for your fitness graduation standards test.
            @rocafella or anybody that recently took the PTF2;what is the require time to pass the 1.5 mile run on the PTF2 as of now? is it 15 or 17 i keep hearing different things
            E-QIP 10/15/11

Comment

• 17min

and man if you can't pass that, i'm not sure you'll do ok at the academy where I *believe* the time is 15min and you have a ton of other stuff going on

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                17min

and man if you can't pass that, i'm not sure you'll do ok at the academy where I *believe* the time is 15min and you have a ton of other stuff going on

Come on man i got this I just wanted to be sure 1.5 mile will not be a problem, your done with the academy? Thanks for the info sir.......
                E-QIP 10/15/11

Comment

• Any 2/27/2012 EOD people taking the pft2 in the awesome and very warm state of Vermont soon??

I'm sooo looking forward to running in 15 degrees. Windchill...5 degrees
                  EOD: 2/2012
                  FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by biggdawgdaddy View Post
                    We test and evaluate new weapons constantly. This does not mean that any one weapon is in or out, we do replace every so often. The rumors going around when we adopted the H&K was we were going with the SIG, but you cannot trust rumors. Just so you know it took 4 years to phase in the H&K. I wouldn't be shopping for new holsters just yet.
                    Oh, I know. I'm taking everything with a grain of salt. It really doesn't bother me. As long as they don't take the .40 away, I don't care about the brand.

Comment

• Does anyone know whats the policy with tattoo's? I'm sure a lot of people in academy have them but I wanted to know if it was acceptable or did it have to be covered up at all times?
                      CBPO
                      App Date: 8/2/11
                      Written Exam: 9/1/11
                      NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                      TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                      E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                      SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                      PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                      Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                      BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                      VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                      DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                      Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                      Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                      PFT2: 3/16/12
                      EOD: 4/9/12
                      FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Couple quick questions for anyone who wants to answer. Did any of you apply directly through a duty station you wanted to work at? Reason I ask is my hometown has a small duty station on the Canadian border, and I have heard of my fellow residents applying directly to that station. Also, do you foresee CBP hiring more officers via USAjobs in the near future?
                        Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by LennyXDM View Post
                          Couple quick questions for anyone who wants to answer. Did any of you apply directly through a duty station you wanted to work at? Reason I ask is my hometown has a small duty station on the Canadian border, and I have heard of my fellow residents applying directly to that station. Also, do you foresee CBP hiring more officers via USAjobs in the near future?
                          I believe there used to be a program in your area where local residents who had knowledge of the land were fast tracked through the hiring process, not sure if it exists anymore. Maybe someone else can chime in here on that topic.

As for hiring, I would keep your eyes open for any kind of CBPO announcement on USAJobs.gov. I would think if another announcement did open up within the next year that it would be exclusively for the Southwest border. I would imagine that they currently have a ton of applicants in the pipeline though. Make sure you set up an account and a job search on USAjobs so you will be notified of any future announcements.

Good luck

Comment

@rocafella or anybody that recently took the PTF2;what is the require time to pass the 1.5 mile run on the PTF2 as of now? is it 15 or 17 i keep hearing different things
                            I took my PTF-2 test in Aug/2011... and the time was 17mins to complete 1.5 miles. But I'm hearing its now 15 mins, which is still plenty of time. As of now that's the standard for the academy. I just finished my final fitness graduation test and passed. But be on the look out any minute now they will change it to 13 min 1.5 mile run

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                              Does anyone know whats the policy with tattoo's? I'm sure a lot of people in academy have them but I wanted to know if it was acceptable or did it have to be covered up at all times?
                              You will be wearing short sleeves with the rest of your class. Tattoos are not a problem.
                              CBPO
                              TO - 05/08 JFK
                              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocafella0226! View Post
                                I took my PTF-2 test in Aug/2011... and the time was 17mins to complete 1.5 miles. But I'm hearing its now 15 mins, which is still plenty of time. As of now that's the standard for the academy. I just finished my final fitness graduation test and passed. But be on the look out any minute now they will change it to 13 min 1.5 mile run
                                PFT2 times are still the same. I don't think they will every really move the run to 13 minutes. I think they just say that so people don't dog the runs. I actually have an email dated 12/30/11 that say the running standards have changed to 15:30 for the 1.5, and a extra second on the dash. Also 1 more pushup.

My class just started last week and a couple of other people in the class also got that info in an email during pre-academy. I have not been able to confirm those new standards with any of the PT instructors yet, but it was an official memo to the chiefs in charge of training at the port level instructing them on the standards and making sure the pre-academy people were still maintaining a certain fitness level. It could be a mistake, but either way I don't see them moving to a 13 minute 1.5 mile.
                                CBPO
                                TO - 05/08 JFK
                                EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13574 users online. 463 members and 13111 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X