Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
    Aesco84
    Turn on your PM's if you want specific answers to Nogales.
    How do I do that ? I tried but gave up. figured I wouldnt get any PMs.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandarrin View Post
      @ImWolf, yep you're right about chavez, lol, but like I said every background is different I've been in the states for over 20 yrs, came here while I was a kid, actually lived in south beach for some years. did you apply for swb or se? and how far along in the process are you?
      Mandarrin, I actually applied to SE but received an email asking me to change to SWB. I did and recently a bunch of TOs went out for the SE and here I am still waiting for the SWB :/
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Aesco84 View Post
        is there a formal graduation?
        Yeah there is. There will be some bagpipes and you dress up in your class-1's.

Comment

is this attire for pre academy?? i heard people saying wear a suit on the first day then business casual for the rest of the time being. i think i'll suit up on the first day.
          I'm guessing it changes from port to port. I never went in a suit. Always slacks and a polo. Sometimes i would were a long sleeve shirt with no tie. But then again I only went to pre-academy for 2 weeks. I hear now its like 2-3 months??

Comment

the only thing that confirms is that the HnK is on it's way out. I've heard rumors of 3 different weapons that it's being replaced with now.

Yeah thank god it's on its way out. I hate that long trigger pull from the HnK. Shooting the M-4 and Shotgun is soooo sweet. Have fun with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdivola View Post
              Hey Yoda (or anyone who has been to Fletc already),

Is it true that we have to have a shaved military-style haircut while we are at the academy?
              That depends on your session supervisor. Some will be clean cut and shaved. Others will be low cut and have a goatee? As long as your hair doesn't touch your ear you'll be okay. I had to shave every other day. But that will be the least of your worries there. Just have fun while your there.

Comment

• Originally posted by htcguy1 View Post
                quick question....is the PFT1 a 1 shot oppertunity? or can you try again if you fail a part?
                I'm pretty sure it's a 1-shot chance. What are you worried about? Maybe I can help?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocafella0226! View Post
                  I'm pretty sure it's a 1-shot chance. What are you worried about? Maybe I can help?
                  up, up, down, down, up, up, down, down, up, up, down, down
                  EOD: 2/2012
                  FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

up, up, down, down, up, up, down, down, up, up, down, down
                    the 5 min step test. well they will give you like a practice one so you can get used to the rhythm, then you do it. It's not bad. You can get out of step like 2 or 3 times before you fail. Just keep them legs moving. You'll be fine.

Comment

Aesco84
                      Turn on your PM's if you want specific answers to Nogales.
                      amillot,

PM sent

Comment

the only thing that confirms is that the HnK is on it's way out. I've heard rumors of 3 different weapons that it's being replaced with now.
                        We test and evaluate new weapons constantly. This does not mean that any one weapon is in or out, we do replace every so often. The rumors going around when we adopted the H&K was we were going with the SIG, but you cannot trust rumors. Just so you know it took 4 years to phase in the H&K. I wouldn't be shopping for new holsters just yet.
                        Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocafella0226! View Post
                          Yup, section one you have to score a min of 80 points on the four parts (PU, SU, lift, side-step) and section two (marching step test) is pass/fail. There are also minimums on each part in the first section that you have to achieve -- for instance you have to complete 12 pushups to score the minimum of 17 points. 11 pushups get you a big fat goose egg and a failure.

I'm by no means a PT rock star and managed to score 135. The step test was FUN too

Check this link out for reference -- http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...po_fitness.pdf

Good luck!
                          GatorFutureSA

DEA 1811 (June 2012):
                          Applied - 06/2012

FBI 1811 (August 2012):
                          Applied - 08/2012
                          Phase I - 09/2012
                          M & G - Pending

CBPO (Sept 2011):
                          Applied - 09/2011
                          Test - 09/2011 (Passed) - NOR 89
                          VBT/SI - 11/2011 (Passed)
                          Medical - 12/2011 (Cleared)
                          PFT1 - 12/2011 (Passed)
                          BI - 11/2011 (Pending - In Security Office)

ICE 1811 (June 2011):
                          Applied - 06/2011
                          Cancelled - 08/2012 -- sonofabitch!

Comment

• yeah my question more about the minimum. I did 17 sit ups (I know lame ole) and did 37 push ups. IDK about the side step or lift test score. I finished the step test though. We'll see I have the VBT on the 30th but not confident I passed the PFT.

Comment

• Originally posted by htcguy1 View Post
                              yeah my question more about the minimum. I did 17 sit ups (I know lame ole) and did 37 push ups. IDK about the side step or lift test score. I finished the step test though. We'll see I have the VBT on the 30th but not confident I passed the PFT.
                              the guy didn't tell you right there on the spot if you passed or failed?

Comment

• nope I took it with my medical exam, at a urgent care type center. The staff just writes down the scores and sends it to DHS,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16024 users online. 477 members and 15547 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X