300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
    I went to the eye doctor today, and he basically said if I'm allowed to squint, I might pass their test, but more than likely not. He said he doesn't trust Lasik, but recommended something called Orthokeratology, or "Ortho-K". I'm looking into it- it is basically overnight vision correction, where you sleep in hard contacts, so that your eyes re-shape. For some, just one overnight grants great vision. For others, it takes a few nights. Worth a shot over risky Lasik!
    Hmmm, Ortho K, sounds like some cereal. I will definitely check it out. Did you buy the contacts? How much are they about??
    CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
    NOR passed 1/25/11
    Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
    Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
    PFT1 12/15/11
    VBT/SI 1/26/12
    VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
    LASIK surgery 1/31/12
    Met BI investigator 3/13/12
    Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
    Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• @66 they forgot to do my x ray test at the clinic. I think they will ask me do it on my expense too. darn it. btw congrats on passing everything!

Comment

• answerto your question.

I am currently at FLETC. We are being issued HnK P2000... I hear rumors that they are going to go to the Glock again.
        Last edited by Rocafella0226!; 01-14-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Currently at fletc

Hey guys I'm currently at FLETC. If anyone has any questions I would try to answer them to the best of my abilities. To all you people waiting to come here it's fun at first but then it starts to drag. But I'm happy to be where I'm at. Getting ready to graduate.

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
            I went in some banana republic khakis and a black collared short sleeve polo and dress shoes and it sufficed.
            I went with some slacks and polo. no tie NO JEANS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
              Has anyone on here been through the Spanish language course for non-spanish speakers that are assigned to the southwest border? If so, was it hard? Did you learn enough to carry on a conversation in Spanish?

Has anyone ever failed the course?

According to my EOD letter, if a new hire fails the course, they can request to be assigned to a different port that doesn't require Spanish but it is up CBP to decide what will happen. What do you think CBP would do in that situation? Send the officer to a port that needs a new CBPO or get rid of the officer?

Hey don't sweat this Spanish training. It's super easy from what I hear. Only 1 person has ever failed it. I hear it's more like a vacation after FLETC. I personally never taken this course but I Know people that have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocafella0226! View Post
                Hey guys I'm currently at FLETC. If anyone has any questions I would try to answer them to the best of my abilities. To all you people waiting to come here it's fun at first but then it starts to drag. But I'm happy to be where I'm at. Getting ready to graduate.
                is there a formal graduation?
                EOD: 2/2012
                FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

I went with some slacks and polo. no tie NO JEANS!!
                  is this attire for pre academy?? i heard people saying wear a suit on the first day then business casual for the rest of the time being. i think i'll suit up on the first day.
                  EOD: 2/2012
                  FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashan646 View Post
                    @66 they forgot to do my x ray test at the clinic. I think they will ask me do it on my expense too. darn it. btw congrats on passing everything!
                    If it's something you needed accomplished during the CHS scheduled exam that they neglected to do, CHS should schedule it for you at their expense. This was why my eye and hearing test was scheduled at a different clinic. CHS arranged and paid for it. I had to pay for the follow ups due to the clinic screwing them up.

Comment

• quick question....is the PFT1 a 1 shot oppertunity? or can you try again if you fail a part?

Comment

• After an 11 hour work day yesterday and a 12 hour today I finally got a chance to check my email after getting home. Waiting for me was an email containing MORE good news! I received a zip file of forms from MHC to complete and fax back. The file contained a PFT2 Preference form, Drivers License Agreement, Probationary Period form and Tentative Offer Acceptance. Hopefully this infers even better things to come soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by mandarrin View Post
                          yea, I heard a lot of different stories about how the background would take months, so I though that when they transferred me to the scheduling unit they would call me real quit, but almost a month now and still no call, so I guess I just have to wait. anyway I'm sure you'll get your TSL soon enough, and don't pay attention to the negative comments and advise, just the positive ones. btw I was born in Venezuela. how about you?
                          Thanks for the advice, Mandarrin. I'll be sure to remember those words. I was born in Brazil. I know the US doesn't have a necessarily ideal relationship with Brazil but you're from Venezuela! You can't get much worse than Chavez! lol I'm praying to God that my process goes along somewhat as quick as yours. And that is awesome you were already transferred to the scheduling unit! I still don't even have CASS... :/ This is making me realize how impatient I am... lol
                          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• @ImWolf, yep you're right about chavez, lol, but like I said every background is different I've been in the states for over 20 yrs, came here while I was a kid, actually lived in south beach for some years. did you apply for swb or se? and how far along in the process are you?

Comment

I am currently at FLETC. We are being issued HnK P2000... I hear rumors that they are going to go to the Glock again.
                              the only thing that confirms is that the HnK is on it's way out. I've heard rumors of 3 different weapons that it's being replaced with now.

Comment

• Aesco84
                                Turn on your PM's if you want specific answers to Nogales.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5530 users online. 240 members and 5290 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X