Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i tested november 2010, got my results jan 2011 and no response. A few days ago i reveived a TO for Michigan to continue with the process. Sweet

Comment

• Originally posted by Aesco84 View Post
      I can finally post!!!!!

ok here's my story: I took the cbp test in december of 2010. i received an email saying if i switch to SWB ill move to the front of the line, so i did. June 2011 i received my TO letter (Nogi). met with my investigator in July, PFT1 in July as well. August i did my VBT/SI on the same day. Early September i did the drug test. Oct 4th i got "the call" for Nogales. I said no bc I was in my last semester of college so they froze me for 90 days--fast forward to January 4th... I'm now eligible for for CBP again. yesterday, January 10th i got "the call" for the second time and now that I'm done with school i said yes. EOD 2/27/2012. Academy starts 3/26-7/30 assuming i pass the PFT2.

i read on here that all classes were booked til May and stressed myself out a little bit. sometimes these forums cause stress bc PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA WTF THEYRE TALKING ABOUT post. if you're in the process just be patient, i moved thru it pretty fast i must say. idk why.. I'm kinda young, 27..is that young? lol idk. had a pretty easy background. did 4 years in the military and been at the same job since 2006

FYI: i never took a poly

and remember, folks-- never really trust a post. I'm shocked at all these questions. if someone EOD in the summer of 2011 then WTF do they know about this job??!? they're rookies. Me, personally, i don't want to know what goes on in the academy. it takes away from the excitement, doesn't it?! maybe thats just me...
      Originally posted by missouriboater View Post
      I EOD (Feb 27) and attend the academy (March 26) the same time as you for Nogales.
      see you both at FLETC or Post. You'll be taught by some of the best people in this job and will see a ton of action after probation. Congrats and welcome to Hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
        see you both at FLETC or Post. You'll be taught by some of the best people in this job and will see a ton of action after probation. Congrats and welcome to Hell.
        how exactly is it hell? are you already at FLETC?
        EOD: 2/2012
        FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• got the call!

For all of you non sw border applicants...i received the call a few days ago for the virginia location. i took the test in nov of 08 and eod on 2/27. Keep your hopes up!

Comment

• so far...

A San Diego July 2011 tester here wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. I have done the majority of the process here with the exception of meeting with a Background investigator. I just find it weird that I did my polygraph first in October without meeting one. Well, here's my time line guys:

Test: July 2011 (SWB)
            NOR: 93 vet pts
            Quals:August 8 Pending
            Forms: August 20 Pending
            Medical: September 28 Passed
            PFT1: September 28 Passed
            VBT/ SI: Oct 5 Passed
            Poly: Oct 26 Passed
            Drug Test: Dec 2 Passed
            meet w/ BI: ??
            PFT2: ??
            EOD: ??

Comment

• Originally posted by qixfeet View Post
              I think we'll be with the P2000 for a while. Rumor has it (and I do mean only a rumor) we could be going with the S&W M&P .40 sometime in the future. But as for most things in the rumor mill I'll believe it when it's in my hand.
              i think the rumor is true.. cant wait for that M&P..

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                Sadly there are still thousands of P2000's sitting on pallets in W Virginia and Georgia with CBP's name on them.

Comment

• Anyone know when the next test might come around in the future? I received a EOD for CBPO last month but i took a local state gov gig instead (a mistake). although the $ is good, im not realy a paper pusher type of guy. gonna suck going thru the process again, except for the VBT which is good for 3 years i believe. hoping for the best. got 10 more years till 37! let the fun begin....again.

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                    Don't hold your breath.

It took roughly 4-5 years between 2004 and 2010 for CBP to move from an odd collection of often old and worn Legacy Berettas , H&K USP40s, Glock 17s and Glock 19s into the current P2000. The current guns have, as a whole, far less age and history behind them.

Comment

• If you have some sort of extreme aversion to doing paperwork, you might want to consider another career option other than law enforcement (especially Federal law enforcement).

Comment

• Has anyone on here been through the Spanish language course for non-spanish speakers that are assigned to the southwest border? If so, was it hard? Did you learn enough to carry on a conversation in Spanish?

Has anyone ever failed the course?

According to my EOD letter, if a new hire fails the course, they can request to be assigned to a different port that doesn't require Spanish but it is up CBP to decide what will happen. What do you think CBP would do in that situation? Send the officer to a port that needs a new CBPO or get rid of the officer?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                          Has anyone on here been through the Spanish language course for non-spanish speakers that are assigned to the southwest border? If so, was it hard? Did you learn enough to carry on a conversation in Spanish?

According to my EOD letter, if a new hire fails the course, they can request to be assigned to a different port that doesn't require Spanish but it is up CBP to decide what will happen. What do you think CBP would do in that situation? Send the officer to a port that needs a new CBPO or get rid of the officer?
                          I can't imagine it being that difficult. It's what, a 4 week course? It takes YEARS to master a language. If it was difficult then all the gringos wouldn't pass. I don't think they're gonna kick you out because you can't roll your R's.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                            Has anyone on here been through the Spanish language course for non-spanish speakers that are assigned to the southwest border? If so, was it hard? Did you learn enough to carry on a conversation in Spanish?

I dont think CBP would just make you quit if you didnt learn enough spanish, they might put you to work hands on hands with experienced officers that deal directly with the spanish population. The more you interact with others in spanish the better you will become, its all about repeatitions. If you believe that you dont know jack in spanish, then why not start now learning the basics, check out youtube videos, rent books from your local library watch spanish shows and so on.
                            Exam: 03/2012
                            NOR: 04/2012 81
                            Qualified for: GS 7
                            TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                            Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                            VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                            Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                            BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                            Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                            EOD:
                            PFT 2:

Comment

• I though I would never get to post!

anyway I've been reading these posts since December which was when I got transferred to the scheduling unit(12/13/11) still waiting on EOD... I tested on 8/31/11. my background only took about a month from the time when I met the investigator to the time it was updated on cass, and no I didn't take a poly, however I'm a naturalized citizen, and I also heard all kinds of story about the background, my advise is dont sweat it as long as you don't have anything mayor you'll past it. I did have a sec clearance already from the Army, but I don't know if that had anything to do with it. so I just wanted to shared some of my info and let you guys know that have the same date as me that I will let you guys know when I get the call, so you guys can be ready for it, and hopefully you can do the same. btw I tested for SWB. thanks for all the info that you guys put our, even the bad ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                                I don't know where you got this but it's bad intel. I work in a gun store and P2000s are no doubt still available.
                                As pur HK amd their website they are still availible for new sale but have not been made since 2010

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6828 users online. 341 members and 6487 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X