300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    If you're planning to start your career throwing out the race card you might want to reconsider your career choice...
    He'll be humbled quick enough if he shows up with an attitude.

Comment

• So they only do polygraphs on some people?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazed View Post
        So they only do polygraphs on some people?
        At this point anyone being hired will be polygraphed... easier to figure you will be through it than think you don't have to. In any case it was added as a mandatory test to our hiring process with having to eventually test 100% of new applicants.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by NYLEOHOPEFUL View Post
          I was scheduled to take a Polygraph and the only logical explanation i can think of.......is the fact that I was born in a middle eastern country....to be honest I am not really worried bc I intend on being truthful, but what does annoy me is that fact that it slowing down the process....
          It doesn't slow down the process much. You'd still have to meet with the investigator, which in my situation during the ICE-HSI SSBI was 4+ hours out of my day. The poly takes about that long anyways, so whatever.

Btw, I was scheduled for a polygraph too....and I'm your typical white American, of German/Irish descent (came over in the 18th/19th century).....so that blows your logical explanation out of the water ;-)

Good luck!
          GatorFutureSA

DEA 1811 (June 2012):
          Applied - 06/2012

FBI 1811 (August 2012):
          Applied - 08/2012
          Phase I - 09/2012
          M & G - Pending

CBPO (Sept 2011):
          Applied - 09/2011
          Test - 09/2011 (Passed) - NOR 89
          VBT/SI - 11/2011 (Passed)
          Medical - 12/2011 (Cleared)
          PFT1 - 12/2011 (Passed)
          BI - 11/2011 (Pending - In Security Office)

ICE 1811 (June 2011):
          Applied - 06/2011
          Cancelled - 08/2012 -- sonofabitch!

Comment

• MY VBT got cleared today, I'm exited I'm done with everything. Hopefully i get referred to EOD soon.
            GEO Pref: SWB
            App Date: 6/2/11
            Written Exam: 7/23/11
            NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-7): 9/29/11
            TSL submitted: 10/07/11
            E-QIP 10/15/11
            Qualifications: ( cleared CASS GS7 1/11/12)
            PFT1: 11/03/11 (cleared CASS 11/1/11)
            Med: 11/8/11 Done (cleared on CASS )
            BI: 11/02/11 (cleared CASS 11/25/11)
            VBT/SI: 12/16/11 cleared on CASS)
            DT: 12/14/11 (cleared 12/20/11)
            Referred to Schedule EOD 01/31/12
            PFT2: 3-7-12
            EOD:3-19-12
            FLETC: 4-18-12

Comment

• Originally posted by AJLEO View Post
              Any one who is already on the job or in academy know if they are still issuing the HK p2000 they stopped making them about a year ago are they just using up what they have left. Any one know what it will be replaced with?
              I think we'll be with the P2000 for a while. Rumor has it (and I do mean only a rumor) we could be going with the S&W M&P .40 sometime in the future. But as for most things in the rumor mill I'll believe it when it's in my hand.
              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SFdude View Post
                Hi Prodigy. COngrads on going to the academy next week! Funny I was just looking on the 49ners dr's website right after I posted. Where are you going to be stationed? I read it somewhere but what is the reasoning again for having to wait 3 months? So no VBT SI I assume. PM if you like. Thanks again for the insight.
                They hired several hundred people early because the bean-counters in the agency needed to boost CBPO staffing levels before the end of CY2011. For whatever reasons, CBP did not adjust the training class schedule to accommodate all those new hires,

Hence, the wait of '3 months'.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYLEOHOPEFUL View Post
                  I was scheduled to take a Polygraph and the only logical explanation i can think of.......is the fact that I was born in a middle eastern country....to be honest I am not really worried bc I intend on being truthful, but what does annoy me is that fact that it slowing down the process....
                  Wow. The reality of the matter is far from what you perceive. The administration of the polygraph has nothing to do with ethnic background.

Comment

• Hey guys I recieved a tsl for ne region this Monday.....my original test date was aug 2010. In the meantime, I found another job and won't continue. Good luck to all

Comment

• I can finally post!!!!!

ok here's my story: I took the cbp test in december of 2010. i received an email saying if i switch to SWB ill move to the front of the line, so i did. June 2011 i received my TO letter (Nogi). met with my investigator in July, PFT1 in July as well. August i did my VBT/SI on the same day. Early September i did the drug test. Oct 4th i got "the call" for Nogales. I said no bc I was in my last semester of college so they froze me for 90 days--fast forward to January 4th... I'm now eligible for for CBP again. yesterday, January 10th i got "the call" for the second time and now that I'm done with school i said yes. EOD 2/27/2012. Academy starts 3/26-7/30 assuming i pass the PFT2.

i read on here that all classes were booked til May and stressed myself out a little bit. sometimes these forums cause stress bc PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA WTF THEYRE TALKING ABOUT post. if you're in the process just be patient, i moved thru it pretty fast i must say. idk why.. I'm kinda young, 27..is that young? lol idk. had a pretty easy background. did 4 years in the military and been at the same job since 2006

FYI: i never took a poly

and remember, folks-- never really trust a post. I'm shocked at all these questions. if someone EOD in the summer of 2011 then WTF do they know about this job??!? they're rookies. Me, personally, i don't want to know what goes on in the academy. it takes away from the excitement, doesn't it?! maybe thats just me...
                      EOD: 2/2012
                      FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• I EOD (Feb 27) and attend the academy (March 26) the same time as you for Nogales.

Comment

• congrats! see u there!
                          EOD: 2/2012
                          FLETC: 3/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Aesco84 View Post
                            I can finally post!!!!!

ok here's my story: I took the cbp test in december of 2010. i received an email saying if i switch to SWB ill move to the front of the line, so i did. June 2011 i received my TO letter (Nogi). met with my investigator in July, PFT1 in July as well. August i did my VBT/SI on the same day. Early September i did the drug test. Oct 4th i got "the call" for Nogales. I said no bc I was in my last semester of college so they froze me for 90 days--fast forward to January 4th... I'm now eligible for for CBP again. yesterday, January 10th i got "the call" for the second time and now that I'm done with school i said yes. EOD 2/27/2012. Academy starts 3/26-7/30 assuming i pass the PFT2.

i read on here that all classes were booked til May and stressed myself out a little bit. sometimes these forums cause stress bc PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA WTF THEYRE TALKING ABOUT post. if you're in the process just be patient, i moved thru it pretty fast i must say. idk why.. I'm kinda young, 27..is that young? lol idk. had a pretty easy background. did 4 years in the military and been at the same job since 2006

FYI: i never took a poly

and remember, folks-- never really trust a post. I'm shocked at all these questions. if someone EOD in the summer of 2011 then WTF do they know about this job??!? they're rookies. Me, personally, i don't want to know what goes on in the academy. it takes away from the excitement, doesn't it?! maybe thats just me...
                            congratulations!! Our time are very similar with the exception of my BI and i took a poly(and passed ) do you know how long until your BI cleared?
                            Exam: 12/10
                            NOR: 1/25/10
                            Qualifications: ??
                            T.O: 5/25/11 (SWB)
                            PFT1: 7/11 (Passed)
                            Medical: 7/11 (Passed)
                            VBT & S.I.: 8/11(Passed)
                            Drug Test: 8/11 (Passed)
                            Polygraph: 9/11
                            B.I.: ??
                            PFT2: ??

Comment

• You met with your investigator right? I met with mine in July. It never went green on cass. Everything else did turn green except my BI. After I got the call from the hiring center I immediately checked my cass and it said "referred to schedule EOD". I think my BI cleared but they just never check it off on cass.

Comment

• Is there anyone still waiting on Laredo Texas??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14750 users online. 436 members and 14314 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X