Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    I was on the line all day Saturday...
    observing or what? POST is 9 months and they don't let you loose during that time, or they don't at our port.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazed View Post
      I received a TSL for Central East Coast, quite a surprise... So, the typical timeline from now to the academy is what? 1 year?
      I am anticipating at least a year...........at least. Congrats and best of luck with the rest of the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by AJLEO View Post
        Any one who is already on the job or in academy know if they are still issuing the HK p2000 they stopped making them about a year ago are they just using up what they have left. Any one know what it will be replaced with?
        I don't know where you got this but it's bad intel. I work in a gun store and P2000s are no doubt still available.
        Gek.

Comment

• it's definately still the p2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
            I know this question may have been answered in the past but what is the current CBP transfer policy? I know I have to stay at my port for two years before I can request a transfer but what other factors are involved in a transfer?

Do I have to find someone to swap with me in order to transfer to a new port or can someone transfer without a swap?

Let's say someone has been a CBPO for 15 yrs but is at a crappy port in the middle of nowhere. Would that person be able to transfer to a new port or does that person have to find someone who wants to swap?
            There really isn't a standard, by-the-book transfer policy.

How and if one moves largely depends on the whims of management and the particulars and circumstances involved. You might need a swap. You might need a voluntary relocation. You might need to promote, lateral to another port, take a pre-clearance gig or any of the other ways to move about. If you've a limited scope as to what you'll accept as far as relocating, you might never find a chance to organized your desired move.

Your 15 year guy probably has some options if he's willing to promote and/or move anywhere.
            If he's locked into accepting one port or a limited number of locations...well, he's likely limited his options. In that case he might well need a swap partner in order to pull off his move.

Comment

• Just got my T.O. today for West Coast, formally SFO/OAK.

exam date : 12/14/2010
              NOR: 2/1/2011
              TO: 1/9/2012
              Geo: West Coast (formally SFO/OAK)
              exam date : 12/14/2010
              NOR: 02/01/2011
              TO/TSL: 01/09/2012
              PFT-1 : 2/9/2012 (passed)
              Med: 2/22/2012 (pending result)
              VBT/SI: 3/2/2012 (pending result)

Comment

• I also received my TSL yesterday, however I am going to pass. I already have a stable job that pays 80K and I am already doing LE in the Coast Guard Reserve. This is for Northwest sector. Hopefully I opened up a spot for someone here.

Comment

• SFdude, I had LASIK performed last July because I knew that I would fail the uncorrected portion again. If your vision isn't that bad, I would suggest a retest with an eye doctor.

Originally posted by SFdude View Post
                  Hi Jzz298, I too just got the letter from MHC that "I do not meet the uncorrected distance vision guidelines." Just wondering if you corrected it or if you had LASIK performed? Also if anybody else had LASIK or is in the same poor vision boat, I would love to hear your advice. I have till 02/03/12 to address this situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                    observing or what? POST is 9 months and they don't let you loose during that time, or they don't at our port.
                    I had an Training Officer shadow me.
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Hey everyone... Just wanted to give some hope to everyone that tested around August 11' and selected the Southeast Region. I received a tentative selection on Monday (1/9) for the Southeast Region. However, I just took a different job, so I won't be continuing in the process. Good luck to everyone waiting. If you have any questions for me, PM me, as I won't be following the board anymore.
                      CBPO

Tested: 8/10/11
                      NOR: 8/30/11 (109 w/ vet points)

Comment

• I was scheduled to take a Polygraph and the only logical explanation i can think of.......is the fact that I was born in a middle eastern country....to be honest I am not really worried bc I intend on being truthful, but what does annoy me is that fact that it slowing down the process....

Comment

• Originally posted by SFdude View Post
                          Hi Jzz298, I too just got the letter from MHC that "I do not meet the uncorrected distance vision guidelines." Just wondering if you corrected it or if you had LASIK performed? Also if anybody else had LASIK or is in the same poor vision boat, I would love to hear your advice. I have till 02/03/12 to address this situation.
                          I went to the eye doctor today, and he basically said if I'm allowed to squint, I might pass their test, but more than likely not. He said he doesn't trust Lasik, but recommended something called Orthokeratology, or "Ortho-K". I'm looking into it- it is basically overnight vision correction, where you sleep in hard contacts, so that your eyes re-shape. For some, just one overnight grants great vision. For others, it takes a few nights. Worth a shot over risky Lasik!
                          GEO: Midwest
                          Written Exam: 12/10/10
                          NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                          TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                          VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                          PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                          Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                          BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                          Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                          Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                          Polygraph: 5/11/12
                          Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                          Met with BI: 7/27/12
                          Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                          PFT2: 9/4/12
                          EOD: 9/24/12
                          FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                            what geographic location?
                            Midwest...I actually want to work in Kentucky, but CVG (Cincinnati's airport that is actually in Northern Kentucky) and Louisville are considered Ohio for some reason
                            GEO: Midwest
                            Written Exam: 12/10/10
                            NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                            TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                            VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                            PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                            Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                            BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                            Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                            Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                            Polygraph: 5/11/12
                            Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                            Met with BI: 7/27/12
                            Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                            PFT2: 9/4/12
                            EOD: 9/24/12
                            FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by NYLEOHOPEFUL View Post
                              I was scheduled to take a Polygraph and the only logical explanation i can think of.......is the fact that I was born in a middle eastern country....to be honest I am not really worried bc I intend on being truthful, but what does annoy me is that fact that it slowing down the process....
                              If you're planning to start your career throwing out the race card you might want to reconsider your career choice...
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by NYLEOHOPEFUL View Post
                                I was scheduled to take a Polygraph and the only logical explanation i can think of.......is the fact that I was born in a middle eastern country....to be honest I am not really worried bc I intend on being truthful, but what does annoy me is that fact that it slowing down the process....
                                Contrary. Your BI will go much faster than if you don't take a polygraph. Be honest, don't over think it, and don't sweat it.
                                Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6407 users online. 415 members and 5992 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X