300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cesa85 View Post
    wait , im now confused.. you just received your TSL? what does TSL stand for again?
    Yes, tentative selection letter (Tentative offer), I had been holding out for the Northeast region and took a chance that eventually they would send out initial offers for non-SWB locations and hopefully it will pay off. I don't care if the process takes me three years to EOD for a NE port, I'm pumped to get the process started.

Comment

• lol...oh man Figures I change my location to SWB and you get a TSL for the Northeast

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
        Good news on the home front! I've been following this forum for about a year. I took my written exam 12/10/10, NOR 1/25/11. I received my TSL (TO) today!!! Keep the faith! I was about to lose it (because my application expires TOMORROW) and my offer came through!
        what geographic location?

Comment

• Originally posted by SFdude View Post
          Hi Jzz298, I too just got the letter from MHC that "I do not meet the uncorrected distance vision guidelines." Just wondering if you corrected it or if you had LASIK performed? Also if anybody else had LASIK or is in the same poor vision boat, I would love to hear your advice. I have till 02/03/12 to address this situation.
          Hey SFdude. Im from SF too and I am leaving for the academy next week. I was in the same exact position you are in now. My vision was about 20/200 when I did my medical and I recieved a letter saying I didnt meet the guidelines. I had two choices, lose my chance at getting the job, or getting LASIK. It cost about 5k but it was one of the best decisions ive made in my life. Not only do I see like a hawk 20/15 vision, and yes that is better that 20/20, but I have one of the best careers ever now because of it. Get it as soon as possible and turn in your corrected vision results to mhc. Youll then have to wait 3 months to continue the rest of your process. I recommend Scott Hyver Vision if you decide to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pr0digy123 View Post
            Hey SFdude. Im from SF too and I am leaving for the academy next week. I was in the same exact position you are in now. My vision was about 20/200 when I did my medical and I recieved a letter saying I didnt meet the guidelines. I had two choices, lose my chance at getting the job, or getting LASIK. It cost about 5k but it was one of the best decisions ive made in my life. Not only do I see like a hawk 20/15 vision, and yes that is better that 20/20, but I have one of the best careers ever now because of it. Get it as soon as possible and turn in your corrected vision results to mhc. Youll then have to wait 3 months to continue the rest of your process. I recommend Scott Hyver Vision if you decide to do it.
            What is this?! Advertisement for Scott Hyver Vision huh... How much is he paying you? lol jk I will have lasik one day but my vision is not that bad, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to pass the test. Still waiting for that TO! Or TSL or w/e else you wanna call it...
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• I know this question may have been answered in the past but what is the current CBP transfer policy? I know I have to stay at my port for two years before I can request a transfer but what other factors are involved in a transfer?

Do I have to find someone to swap with me in order to transfer to a new port or can someone transfer without a swap?

Let's say someone has been a CBPO for 15 yrs but is at a crappy port in the middle of nowhere. Would that person be able to transfer to a new port or does that person have to find someone who wants to swap?

Comment

Last edited by 518upstate; 02-21-2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                  Yes, tentative selection letter (Tentative offer), I had been holding out for the Northeast region and took a chance that eventually they would send out initial offers for non-SWB locations and hopefully it will pay off. I don't care if the process takes me three years to EOD for a NE port, I'm pumped to get the process started.
                  Holding off paid of! It was about time the NE region had some movement. If you did the Med, DT, BI for BP they carry over to CBPO and vice versa. Good luck!

(Texas All Other SWB Texas)
                  Test 12/16/2010
                  NOR- 1/25/2011 84%
                  TSL1-5/25/2011
                  TSL2-5/26/2011
                  Pre-Employment Forms- 8/18/2011 cleared
                  Fitness-7/18/2011 cleared
                  Medical-7/28/2011 cleared
                  Qualifications-8/18/2011 cleared
                  VBT/SI-8/26/2011 cleared
                  Met BI-7/26/2011 In security office (With an Adjudicator as of 10/2011.)
                  Drug Test-9/8/2011 Cleared
                  TSU-? Hopefully soon =)

BPA (South Texas)
                  Written- 10/5/2011
                  NOR 10/19/2011 90%
                  TSL1- 10/25/2011
                  Medical- Cleared
                  DT- Cleared
                  BI- In security office (With an Adjudicator as of 10/2011.)
                  Pft1- 12/2011 Cleared
                  OB- 12/2011 Cleared
                  TSU-? Hopefully soon =)

Comment

• Hi Prodigy. COngrads on going to the academy next week! Funny I was just looking on the 49ners dr's website right after I posted. Where are you going to be stationed? I read it somewhere but what is the reasoning again for having to wait 3 months? So no VBT SI I assume. PM if you like. Thanks again for the insight.
                    CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                    NOR passed 1/25/11
                    Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                    Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                    PFT1 12/15/11
                    VBT/SI 1/26/12
                    VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                    LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                    Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                    Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                    Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• I received a TSL for Central East Coast, quite a surprise... So, the typical timeline from now to the academy is what? 1 year?

Comment

• Any one who is already on the job or in academy know if they are still issuing the HK p2000 they stopped making them about a year ago are they just using up what they have left. Any one know what it will be replaced with?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
                          Wow, completely non-consistent behavior by IA. If you indeed failed the first one and it was not non-conclusive, I fail to understand why one person such as yourself should get a second chance, but others, such as me are not afforded the opportunity to retest.

If you failed a poly, apparently you are blacklisted from DHS for life. No real second chance-you will never be considered for emplyment for any DHS position, even non poly positions.
                          From CBP NOT DHS

Comment

• wow...do you think I would get a TSL from the mid atlantic if I changed back from the SW? I didn't get a TO yet...ugh this is the ultimate bummer.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                              What's up Yoda? You on the line stamping yet?
                              I was on the line all day Saturday...
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by AJLEO View Post
                                Any one who is already on the job or in academy know if they are still issuing the HK p2000 they stopped making them about a year ago are they just using up what they have left. Any one know what it will be replaced with?
                                The agency doesn't buy them one at a time, they have quite a bit stock piled as I was made to understand from one of the instructors at FLETC... once we actually run out then they'll move onto the next, and I don't see that happening any time soon.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12488 users online. 412 members and 12076 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X