300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
    I think you misunderstood me from the beginning. I was never trying to be judgemental or call anyone a liar. I was just trying to show that polygraphs aren't always horror stories. You CAN go into one and come out alive. In some situations it might even help with your BI getting pushed through quicker.
    Perhaps. But I can tell you that I felt as though the examiner was trying to fail me before I even answered any questions during the conversation he had with me before the exam (e.g. stating that since I lived in x city and x state that I must have been involved with x activity, which I find to be absurd). So I was told I failed this CBPO exam, only to pass another exam with a local agency. How does one explain that, other than that polygraph exams/examiners are unreliable, as I told the truth during both exams.

A polygraph should be no substitute for an actual BI.

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
      Agreed. Same thing happened to me a few times. There were missing forms that I faxed in and luckily I asked if I was missing anything or else I would have been sitting there killing time. Also note when you guys send stuff in via fax. Be sure to include a cover page notating how many documents you have attached and all that. Hope this helps.
      Well thanks to your advice I decided to ask for an update instead of waiting around. Good looking out, thanks!
      Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
      Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
      TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
      PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
      Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
      VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
      B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
      Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
      Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
      PFT2: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by DSgirlCA View Post
        Gringa, try this email: [email protected]
        I don't have the number handy but I used this email address to inquire about my background check and they responded in about 48 hours. My status in CASS says it's "in security office" it's been about 2 months since I submitted the paperwork and I haven’t heard anything so I sent them an email and it turns out my paperwork was returned to the3m because they received it with a black line through it. It must have happened when I faxed it in. So I have to resubmit it. Good thing I sent them an email! Who knows how long I could of waited for.
        Originally posted by buis02 View Post
        Agreed. Same thing happened to me a few times. There were missing forms that I faxed in and luckily I asked if I was missing anything or else I would have been sitting there killing time. Also note when you guys send stuff in via fax. Be sure to include a cover page notating how many documents you have attached and all that. Hope this helps.
        Thanks so much to both of you!! I called today and left a voicemail. Now I'll try the email.
        CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
        NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
        T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
        E-QIP: 10/12/11
        VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
        Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
        Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
        Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
        B.I.: ???
        PFT2:
        E.O.D.:

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
          Thanks so much to both of you!! I called today and left a voicemail. Now I'll try the email.
          If you don't get a response in regards to voicemail, try calling them at 8am their time. It works so much better because you get an actual person. Once you get ahold of a person you can request if you can follow up with them directly for any other inquiries and they will give you their own personal email instead of a general inbox. That worked out for me each time. I noticed they try to every time send use the general inbox e-mail address so that you don't bombard them with emails. A few people have slipped up sending me stuff =)
          CBPO
          GEO Pref: SWB
          App Date: 8/2/11
          Written Exam: 9/1/11
          NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
          TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
          E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
          SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
          PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
          Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
          BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
          VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
          DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
          Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
          Call Rec.: 3/2/12
          PFT2: 3/16/12
          EOD: 4/9/12
          FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• OK, the email worked! They wrote back saying I filled out my Residency Waiver incorrectly (I accidentally marked that I had resided in the US for the past 3 years, when in reality I was overseas serving in the Peace Corps.). SO, instead of letting me know, they were just going to push my file aside and let me wait for months on end. Good thing I checked!!
            Thanks for all of your help! Without the info from you guys, I would have been screwed.
            CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
            NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
            T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
            E-QIP: 10/12/11
            VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
            Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
            Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
            Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
            B.I.: ???
            PFT2:
            E.O.D.:

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
              Changed it on Christmas day and already received my NOR. Hopefully I'll be meeting a waterpistola and 007 at FLETC!
              Yeah I received my confirmation and new NOR yesterday. Now I continue to wait for a TO. Hopefully I'll get one. It's funny seeing some Dec 2010 testers like myself choose SWB originally and still be waiting while Aug 2010 testers are already scheduled for EOD. This process is funny like that.

Comment

• I think this question has been answered already but I'm gonna ask it again.

I took my written test on Sept 2011. I'm currently waiting for a TO for the SWB. Does that mean it will be mandatory for me to take the poly?
                "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

I think this question has been answered already but I'm gonna ask it again.

I took my written test on Sept 2011. I'm currently waiting for a TO for the SWB. Does that mean it will be mandatory for me to take the poly?
                  Many of us have not needed to take a poly.. I think it just varies person-by-person. I don't know if they are conducting them based on your background details, location, or just by random.

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                    Been waiting since '08 too! Currently the results of my med update are pending. My BI should be coming due soon. It wouldn't surprise me if they notified me of that after I get the med cleared. Just more hurdles to overcome!
                    Still waiting here too, tested 08 for Upstate NY. 1st TSU 09, now back in TSU since Oct. Keep your chin up!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cfalco View Post
                      Many of us have not needed to take a poly.. I think it just varies person-by-person. I don't know if they are conducting them based on your background details, location, or just by random.
                      That's what I though but according to some people polys are going to be mandatory for 2012.
                      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• @valjean
                        Hang in there bud. Nothing new to report. Hearing a lot of buzz about a boat load more classes this year. Within the next month (there's 12 classes here right now)... give or take a few days... at least 4 classes will be graduating. That will open up a lot more room!

Comment

• Ok folks just a little FYI!
                          The G is supposed to give u a BI after every 5 years, well I just finished my 5th year BI on my 9th year. I spoke to someone in DC @ this and they were saying the reason that these BI's are taking so long is because when Bush was in office and hired the 5,000 BPA that put all the current working federal employees BI's on the back burner hence doing this on my 9th year. They also said that they are understaffed for the current workload! So after a year and half I think my BI is finally done! So ladies and gentleman the moral of the story keep your heads up and don't get discouraged!!!!

Comment

That's what I though but according to some people polys are going to be mandatory for 2012.
                            I was told by the agent conducting ym poly that those that are issued a poly are being "fast tracked." For example, SWB. Those that are on the standard track, i would assume are attempting to gain employment thru other locations. Not sure how true this all is...but thats what I was told.
                            CBPO
                            Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

I believe right now polys are on a case-by-case basis but they are supposed to be mandatory by January of 2013.

Comment

• I was told I failed it and was called back to do another one. It was with the same agent though. He said I failed again.
                                Test: 12/10 (Geo: NJ)
                                New Geo: GA 6/13/11
                                New NOR: 6/14/11
                                TO: 6//15/11..........Pending
                                QUAL:6/28/11.........Pending
                                BI: 6/29/11.............Pending (In Security Office)
                                Fit1: 8/5/11............Completed
                                VBT/SI: 8/11/11.....Completed
                                MED: 9/12/11.........Completed
                                DT: 9/28/11...........Completed
                                Poly: 11/2/11..........Completed
                                Poly-2nd: 11/23/11..Completed
                                Fit2: ?
                                EOD: ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13144 users online. 486 members and 12658 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X