Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
    ^^ Almost all applicants who tested summer 2011 and later are being given a polygraph before an actual BI...

    I was told I failed my polygraph and although I disputed my results and requested a retest in writing, I have not received any response, so I am assuming they are not going to give me the opportunity to retest.

    Recently I took a polygraph for a municipal department and passed. I have to say that it was not a good experience with CBPO and their poly, but I had no issue with the local agency.

    All I can say is tell the truth and hope for the best. It's entirely possible to fail one poly and pass another...
    Soooo so so so agree with you, JonnyLaw. Being in the law enforcement community for many years now, I was quite familiar with them as well. However, I did my CBPO Poly on Dec 8th. I felt like I needed to go home and wash the filth off of my heathen body afterwards. He said I passed...but it felt like I was a total scum bag. Be honest and THOROUGH. If you try to hide the most minimal things, the way that they do these, it'll come out.

    On a side note, having been told by the IA agent that I passed felt good...but I am still waiting for some documentaiton stating the same. Have any of you guys received anyhting after your poly's?
    CBPO
    Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

    Comment


    • I honestly don't see why people make such a big deal about the polygraphs. I passed it and felt completely comfortable throughout the whole procces. You guys seem to just be psyching yourselves out. It's all about your mental state, more than what you say.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        3000 new hires in FY2012?

        ...I'll believe that when I see it.
        yeah there are about 500-600 officers there right now. The Permanent instructors are expecting a huge rush.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
          yeah there are about 500-600 officers there right now. The Permanent instructors are expecting a huge rush.
          OK.

          I'll buy that there's 500-600 new hires currently at FLETC. However, how many of those trainees are people who EOD'd in July, August or September...making them FY011 hires...half?

          3000 new hires means roughly 63 training classes...assuming the usual 48 people per class. By my figuring, they've hired and "FLETC'd" roughly 7 classes(350 people) since the start of FY2012. On top of that they've hired roughly an additional 7 classes(350 people) but that group is in pre-academy holding status for classes scheduled to start between January and the end of March. The 3rd quarter of FY2012 starts on April 01. In other words, right now, they've hired and scheduled for roughly 700 new hires for the first half of FY2012. That's a current pace of 1400 or so new hires in FY2012...give or take. A far cry from 3000.

          Could they push through another 2600-2700 new hires over the next 9 months...maybe. Especially if they continue to hire people months ahead of academy slots. Will they? I've seen nothing that suggests it and as I said earlier, I'll believe it when I see it.

          Comment


          • Merlin, some of the guys coming back from FLETC right now said they were told there would start to be evening classes, in order to accomodate the huge rush they are expecting. From personal experience, our ports are severely undermanned. At least in Nogales, they are most likely going to be working at a minimum at the Grand POE, once the newer, bigger, Mariposa POE opens

            Comment


            • I know this is an ambiguous question, but what is the morale like at most POEs?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                would you tell me how long does it take to receive a letter if you had any medical issues? it's been almost a month since i took my medical and fitness,my fitness went green already but medical is still pending with no update on cass.
                I got a letter for an issue about 3 weeks after my medical.. in CASS medical is pending but it says a letter has been sent to me.
                CBPO
                Geo - West Coast
                Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                NOR - 4/2/12
                TSL - 6/12/12
                PFT1 - green
                BI -
                Quals -
                VBT/SI - green
                Drug Screen - green

                Comment


                • I think it took a little longer than a month before I received a letter from the medical review unit. This was back in June and July. Then they gave me a date stamped letter stating I had a month to remedy the issue with my vision. I think with the holidays and probably the amount of potential new hires in the system, MHC may be overwhelmed.

                  Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                  would you tell me how long does it take to receive a letter if you had any medical issues? it's been almost a month since i took my medical and fitness,my fitness went green already but medical is still pending with no update on cass.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by amillot View Post
                    I honestly don't see why people make such a big deal about the polygraphs. I passed it and felt completely comfortable throughout the whole procces. You guys seem to just be psyching yourselves out. It's all about your mental state, more than what you say.
                    Amillot,

                    Thats really good for you. I'm happy that you had a great time. But have you ever considered the idea that maybe..just maybe...others might have had different experiences than you because the interviewer had different methods...AND/OR the applying officer has had (and I know this may sound truly WILD) a different life experience than you. As I mentioned in my statement above: I have been in law enforcement and more importantly, Federal Law Enforcement, since 1998. I am no clown when it comes to these things. I have even been a part of giving them. So for a somewhat seasoned gentleman as myself to have a difficult time, then maybe the possibility exsists that there are some separating factors between individuals.

                    It becomes quite bothersome when some attempt to pass judgement on others on this forum. If you experience was roses and he even bought you dinner afterwards, then good for you. But lets try and imagine that there are multiple scenarios, methods, and lives in this process. Thank you for your well thought input.
                    Last edited by Verve10; 12-31-2011, 03:55 PM.
                    CBPO
                    Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by amillot View Post
                      Merlin, some of the guys coming back from FLETC right now said they were told there would start to be evening classes, in order to accomodate the huge rush they are expecting. From personal experience, our ports are severely undermanned. At least in Nogales, they are most likely going to be working at a minimum at the Grand POE, once the newer, bigger, Mariposa POE opens
                      At this point in the FY, I would imagine that they'd have to start an entire 1600-2400 training schedule in order to accommodate roughly 3000 hires for FY2012.

                      I'll remain skeptical.

                      I've seen nothing, on paper, that suggests anything near 3000 FY2012 hires. The first quarter of FY 2012 ends today...with current FLETC classes scheduled at roughly a 1500 total hire pace. I've seen no call for TDY instructors to teach those 'evening classes'. The fact that scores of December hires are sitting for months of pre-academy awaiting late February - late March FLETC classes more or less suggests that there's no 'huge rush' on in the near future.

                      Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they will go balls-to-the-wall in hiring and bring on board 3000 new people. Funny how, if that's the plan, there's so little out there currently to suggest it. Funny too, if that is the plan, that they simply didn't start out FY2012 on pace for 3000 hires...or to add those 'evening classes' to accommodate the several hundred new hires they have currently sitting and idling in extended pre-academies.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                        yeah there are about 500-600 officers there right now. The Permanent instructors are expecting a huge rush.
                        I am currently at FLETC too...we were told that in a few weeks there would be many new people everywhere...but from other agencies.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
                          Amillot,

                          Thats really good for you. I'm happy that you had a great time. But have you ever considered the idea that maybe..just maybe...others might have had different experiences than you because the interviewer had different methods...AND/OR the applying officer has had (and I know this may sound truly WILD) a different life experience than you. As I mentioned in my statement above: I have been in law enforcement and more importantly, Federal Law Enforcement, since 1998. I am no clown when it comes to these things. I have even been a part of giving them. So for a somewhat seasoned gentleman as myself to have a difficult time, then maybe the possibility exsists that there are some separating factors between individuals.

                          It becomes quite bothersome when some attempt to pass judgement on others on this forum. If you experience was roses and he even bought you dinner afterwards, then good for you. But lets try and imagine that there are multiple scenarios, methods, and lives in this process. Thank you for your well thought input.
                          We are all asked the same standard questions.....
                          There's no rocket science to this. Do you have a history with drugs that may affect your work? Are you faithful to your country? Do you have integrity? If you can answer these questions and feel comfortable with them , there's no reason to be nervous about it. This wasn't my first polygraph, but the same applies to all. Confidence is half the battle in these things.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by amillot View Post
                            We are all asked the same standard questions.....
                            There's no rocket science to this. Do you have a history with drugs that may affect your work? Are you faithful to your country? Do you have integrity? If you can answer these questions and feel comfortable with them , there's no reason to be nervous about it. This wasn't my first polygraph, but the same applies to all. Confidence is half the battle in these things.
                            Depends what kind of confidence you are talking about. If you have the least bit of uncertainty about an answer it's gonna show up as a significant percentage of deception on the polygraph. Confidence is important but it is not everything like some whackos try to make it seem.

                            Information is key. I'm telling you guys right now. From experience, if you have any doubts WHATSOEVER about a question you are asked during a poly, LET THEM KNOW. Doesn't matter how much confidence you have. Whether you are the most confident individual or the most humble and lowly of us all, we all have doubts deep down in our inner being and the poly WILL detect them!! -Just a word of advice: as private as it may be or dumb as it may sound if you ever have any doubts, let the polygrapher know immediately!

                            BTW, happy new year to all of you!
                            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

                            Comment


                            • Exactly. Most testers are good at putting your doubts at ease. Or at least make you confident about your answer. Confidence is half the battle, but full disclosure is the second half.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by amillot View Post
                                Exactly. Most testers are good at putting your doubts at ease. Or at least make you confident about your answer. Confidence is half the battle, but full disclosure is the second half.
                                All I'm saying is do not take any chances. Unfortunately, it's very easy to lose such an opportunity as a career as a CBPO by merely failing a polygraph.
                                "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12644 users online. 401 members and 12243 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X