Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post

    thanks very much my genius friend, i did that myself. me and Buis spoke on that already right after i posted. at least i learned how to use google !

    have a nice afternoon
    BPA( California)

    NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
      LOL owned.
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dghai62 View Post
        lol i never said anything on stretch, i said lift and reach which is basically your crate, and does the whole minimum 80% or 80 points for pushups,sit-ups, sidestep,crate lift still apply before the march to pass?
        From page 11 of the PFT fact sheet:

        How is the PFT Scored?
        • Each part of the PFT is scored separately. You must pass both parts in order to continue the hiring process. You must achieve a minimum cumulative score of 80 points on Part One and successfully complete Part Two (the Step Test). Additionally, candidates must achieve a score greater than zero on each test in Part One.

        That's a meager 80 of a possible 144 points to pass. That's a whopping 55.55%!

        The requirements for the PFT have been asked countless times in this thread when a simple google search took all of two seconds to answer. My above post wasn't meant to be smart, even though it may have appeared to be. Good luck.

        Comment


        • Anyone else with July BI early August hear anything? Called IA today and it's still with an Adjudicator. Hopefully all of us waiting will get some good news, soon.

          BTW- Personal Security Specialist and an Adjudicator are the samething. Cleared that up for me today.

          (Texas All Other SWB Texas)
          Test 12/16/2010
          NOR- 1/25/2011 84%
          TSL1-5/25/2011
          TSL2-5/26/2011
          Pre-Employment Forms- 8/18/2011 cleared
          Fitness-7/18/2011 cleared
          Medical-7/28/2011 cleared
          Qualifications-8/18/2011 cleared
          VBT/SI-8/26/2011 cleared
          Met BI-7/26/2011 In security office (With an Adjudicator as of 10/2011.)
          Drug Test-9/8/2011 Cleared

          BPA (South Texas)
          Written- 10/5/2011
          NOR 10/19/2011
          TSL1- 10/25/2011
          Medical- Cleared
          DT- Cleared
          BI- In security office (With an Adjudicator as of 10/2011.)
          Pft1- 12/2011 Cleared
          OB- 12/2011 Cleared

          Comment


          • I just switched from the ES to the SWB and got my new NOR (they send a new NOR email as a confirmation that you are now in the applicant pool for the SWB). So my question is, will I be part of 2011 hires if I receive a TO before the 1st or will I be considered part of the 2012 budget?

            Also, they say that polys will be mandatory for 2012. Does that mean I will have to poly also? I really do not want to take another polygraph! I've taken one before (for my current job) and I kind of failed, but somehow was still hired. I guess they realized that I was nervous...

            Also I think my cognitive processes are a bit more on the philosophical side. There are very few yes or no answers in my little brain.

            It's like when they ask, "have you stolen anything from your previous job?" Define steal! Everyone can be labeled a thief to a certain extent. Heck, if you have a big enough nose and you are breathing right next to me I might accuse you of stealing my oxygen!
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

            Comment


            • ^^ Almost all applicants who tested summer 2011 and later are being given a polygraph before an actual BI...

              I was told I failed my polygraph and although I disputed my results and requested a retest in writing, I have not received any response, so I am assuming they are not going to give me the opportunity to retest.

              Recently I took a polygraph for a municipal department and passed. I have to say that it was not a good experience with CBPO and their poly, but I had no issue with the local agency.

              All I can say is tell the truth and hope for the best. It's entirely possible to fail one poly and pass another...

              Comment


              • my pre-FLETC class spoke with 3 officers that graduated Tuesday, and we've talked with another dozen or so that graduated in these last few months

                -there's 13 or 14 CBP classes going on right now
                -it sounds like the crackhouses are where you want to stay
                -instead of the normal morning to afternoon classes, it sounds like they're implementing late-morning to evening classes as they're operating pretty full within CBP


                but since these things are out of your control, don't worry about it. I'm just the very curious type and have the reputation in my class of being the guy who asks questions, though often times I already know the answer.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by tsakrl View Post
                  Anyone else with July BI early August hear anything? Called IA today and it's still with an Adjudicator. Hopefully all of us waiting will get some good news, soon.

                  BTW- Personal Security Specialist and an Adjudicator are the samething. Cleared that up for me today.

                  (Texas All Other SWB Texas)
                  Test 12/16/2010
                  NOR- 1/25/2011 84%
                  TSL1-5/25/2011
                  TSL2-5/26/2011
                  Pre-Employment Forms- 8/18/2011 cleared
                  Fitness-7/18/2011 cleared
                  Medical-7/28/2011 cleared
                  Qualifications-8/18/2011 cleared
                  VBT/SI-8/26/2011 cleared
                  Met BI-7/26/2011 In security office (With an Adjudicator as of 10/2011.)
                  Drug Test-9/8/2011 Cleared

                  BPA (South Texas)
                  Written- 10/5/2011
                  NOR 10/19/2011
                  TSL1- 10/25/2011
                  Medical- Cleared
                  DT- Cleared
                  BI- In security office (With an Adjudicator as of 10/2011.)
                  Pft1- 12/2011 Cleared
                  OB- 12/2011 Cleared
                  Hey, can you give me the phone number for IA that you're using? All I have is the number to MHC and the E-QIP help line, and neither can give me any information.
                  Thanks!
                  CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
                  NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
                  T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
                  E-QIP: 10/12/11
                  VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
                  Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
                  Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
                  Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
                  B.I.: ???
                  PFT2:
                  E.O.D.:

                  Comment


                  • Salary and Benefits for CBPO after 3 years....

                    I was wondering what's the salary and benefits would be for CBP Officer that have at least 4 or 5 years on the job. About 12 sick days per year, 20 days paid vacations, and making easily with no overtime about $72,000? I have tried to find this information on the CBP website but too much info to go over, so if anyone that knows the exact link or knows this info please respond. Thanks and have a happy new year's everyone!
                    Exam: 03/2012
                    NOR: 04/2012 81
                    Qualified for: GS 7
                    TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                    Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                    VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                    Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                    BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                    Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                    EOD:
                    PFT 2:

                    Comment


                    • For those who had problems with the medical especially the vision portion, did they contact you to retest or did you contact them? I'm curious to know whether I need to retest my corrected vision.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
                        I was wondering what's the salary and benefits would be for CBP Officer that have at least 4 or 5 years on the job. About 12 sick days per year, 20 days paid vacations, and making easily with no overtime about $72,000? I have tried to find this information on the CBP website but too much info to go over, so if anyone that knows the exact link or knows this info please respond. Thanks and have a happy new year's everyone!
                        http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...fact_sheet.pdf

                        http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/html/annual.asp

                        http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/HTML/sicklv.asp

                        Enjoy!
                        GatorFutureSA

                        DEA 1811 (June 2012):
                        Applied - 06/2012

                        FBI 1811 (August 2012):
                        Applied - 08/2012
                        Phase I - 09/2012
                        M & G - Pending

                        CBPO (Sept 2011):
                        Applied - 09/2011
                        Test - 09/2011 (Passed) - NOR 89
                        VBT/SI - 11/2011 (Passed)
                        Medical - 12/2011 (Cleared)
                        PFT1 - 12/2011 (Passed)
                        BI - 11/2011 (Pending - In Security Office)

                        ICE 1811 (June 2011):
                        Applied - 06/2011
                        Cancelled - 08/2012 -- sonofabitch!

                        Comment


                        • I failed my uncorrected vision and recieved a letter from the MHC medical unit to either get retested or have LASIK performed. They gave me a month to get either done. They will give some kind of timeline to get retested.

                          Originally posted by GettingFED View Post
                          For those who had problems with the medical especially the vision portion, did they contact you to retest or did you contact them? I'm curious to know whether I need to retest my corrected vision.

                          Comment


                          • Anybody at spanish training yet? Heard some info today about them scheduling my class for a March 29th class through May 9th. So its like a 2 and a half week gap after we graduate.
                            CBP: CBPO
                            EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
                              I was wondering what's the salary and benefits would be for CBP Officer that have at least 4 or 5 years on the job. About 12 sick days per year, 20 days paid vacations, and making easily with no overtime about $72,000? I have tried to find this information on the CBP website but too much info to go over, so if anyone that knows the exact link or knows this info please respond. Thanks and have a happy new year's everyone!
                              3 years...most likely no.
                              4 years...maybe, and maybe not.
                              5 years...yes.

                              A bunch of factors will come into play. Locality pay, previous government service, what GS level one entered CBP at, etc.

                              A CBPO who entered as a GS-05 in 11/2006 is now a GS-12/02. That person is making $71,102 at minimum. That's assuming he works no differential shifts, holidays or overtime.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jzz298 View Post
                                I failed my uncorrected vision and recieved a letter from the MHC medical unit to either get retested or have LASIK performed. They gave me a month to get either done. They will give some kind of timeline to get retested.
                                would you tell me how long does it take to receive a letter if you had any medical issues? it's been almost a month since i took my medical and fitness,my fitness went green already but medical is still pending with no update on cass.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9982 users online. 369 members and 9613 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X