Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neither, just LAX/LB, took the written in Aug. 08. There's a couple guys that are 07 testers. Most of my class of 7 tested when I did. We're the biggest group they've seen come in, and we're there until mid March. No idea what they'll have us doing after a month, let alone 3. Week 2 and VLCs are putting me to sleep in a very quiet and cool computer lab.
    Last edited by davidB.; 12-26-2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• What's up guys, I'm new to the site but I've been reading your posts for a long time. I applied for the SE states but recently received an email asking me to change my geo preference.

I made the decision to change my location preference to the SWB. Hopefully I'll be offered Ysidro or Otay Mesa. Hope to see some of you guys at FLETC.
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by DSgirlCA View Post
        DavidB, did you apply for west coast or SWB geo?
        I'd like to extend this question to all of you. Who here applied to the SWB? I want to know who my possible future coworkers are!
        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Hey iamWolf.. When did you get the letter??? Thanks
          Last edited by ten30code01; 12-26-2011, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• alright guys back again, its been quite awhile since i have posted on here. just wanted to know if anyone got any idea how long does it take for your TSL paperwork to clear upon submitting it. faxed it few days ago,was just wondering if anyone got any approximate idea, thanks

D
            BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ten30code01 View Post
              Hey iamWolf.. When did you get the letter??? Thanks
              I received the letter 12/20/11 - just a few days ago. I had until January 4 to reply but it really got me thinking so I sent a response yesterday on Christmas day asking change my geo preference to the SWB.

Did you receive a similar letter?

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                Neither, just LAX/LB, took the written in Aug. 08. There's a couple guys that are 07 testers. Most of my class of 7 tested when I did. We're the biggest group they've seen come in, and we're there until mid March. No idea what they'll have us doing after a month, let alone 3. Week 2 and VLCs are putting me to sleep in a very quiet and cool computer lab.
                Wow! You waited a long time. I was just curious because I applied for the same area in dec 2010. Then I got an email stating they were changing the geo from LA/LB to West Coast. I waited 7 months and got impatient so I reapplied in July 2011 for SWB and I got a TO. I don't want to move but it looks like I probably wouldn't of gotten a TO for that area.

Congratulations!
                Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                PFT2: ?

Comment

• I understand that the focus now is on the SWB, but in the past, how often did people get stationed in Charleston, SC. How big is CBP there? Do they get much OT at Charleston? Thanks for any info about Charleston.

Comment

• I've been waiting on a Charleston opening for 3 yrs now. AFAIK they hired one person from the same announcement that I applied under. I spoke with one of the port chiefs (sorry, don't know CBPO titles), who was retiring. This was about 1 1/2 years ago and he advised they had numerous open positions. Don't what the deal is for lack of filling them!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                      I understand that the focus now is on the SWB, but in the past, how often did people get stationed in Charleston, SC. How big is CBP there? Do they get much OT at Charleston? Thanks for any info about Charleston.
                      CBPO number-wise...a little less than 100 CBPOs. A little more than 100 if you're referring to the area port of Charleston, which includes Greenville-Spartanburg and a few other small PoEs.

Comment

• Originally posted by dghai62 View Post
                        alright guys back again, its been quite awhile since i have posted on here. just wanted to know if anyone got any idea how long does it take for your TSL paperwork to clear upon submitting it. faxed it few days ago,was just wondering if anyone got any approximate idea, thanks

D
                        The Officer Fact Sheet says that you will receive a letter informing you of the VBT/SI approximately 6 weeks after you've been tentatively selected.

So I'm assuming that it will clear within a month. But that's just an assumption.

How long did you take to finish the paperwork? And what are some of the documents we need to have handy? I never got my U.S. passport yet, I wonder if they ask for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by dghai62 View Post
                          alright guys back again, its been quite awhile since i have posted on here. just wanted to know if anyone got any idea how long does it take for your TSL paperwork to clear upon submitting it. faxed it few days ago,was just wondering if anyone got any approximate idea, thanks

D
                          Well for the TSL paperwork, I believe we're talking about the Qualifications the packets of information that they send you to fill out and fax or mail back. On CASS it falls under the section Qualifications. If thats the case mine didn't clear until the end but I think it's different for everyone. If you look at my signature their's a detailed timeline of how my process went and you can compare it to yours.
                          Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                          The Officer Fact Sheet says that you will receive a letter informing you of the VBT/SI approximately 6 weeks after you've been tentatively selected.

So I'm assuming that it will clear within a month. But that's just an assumption.

How long did you take to finish the paperwork? And what are some of the documents we need to have handy? I never got my U.S. passport yet, I wonder if they ask for that.
                          For the VBT/SI it took me almost exactly 2 months to get scheduled for it. Some of the paperwork that you need will be a valid passport and drivers license. If your parents are naturalized citizens you will need the document numbers and all that. At the age of 18 for males you had to sign up for selective services and they want that number as well. Other then that all you have are just questions to answer and you are good to go. Keep in mind your BI will go over your EQip stuff and confirm all the stuff you sent in as well. If you are going to fax it to them make sure you fax it early early since throughout the day their fax lines are jammed up. I sent my packet to them via fedex just as backup. Hope that helps.
                          Last edited by buis02; 12-27-2011, 01:18 PM.
                          CBPO
                          GEO Pref: SWB
                          App Date: 8/2/11
                          Written Exam: 9/1/11
                          NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                          TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                          E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                          SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                          PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                          Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                          BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                          VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                          DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                          Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                          Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                          PFT2: 3/16/12
                          EOD: 4/9/12
                          FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Since when have they required a passport? Last I knew all one needed was a valid government-issued photo ID...such as a DL.

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                              For the VBT/SI it took me almost exactly 2 months to get scheduled for it. Some of the paperwork that you need will be a valid passport and drivers license. If your parents are naturalized citizens you will need the document numbers and all that. At the age of 18 for males you had to sign up for selective services and they want that number as well. Other then that all you have are just questions to answer and you are good to go. Keep in mind your BI will go over your EQip stuff and confirm all the stuff you sent in as well. If you are going to fax it to them make sure you fax it early early since throughout the day their fax lines are jammed up. I sent my packet to them via fedex just as backup. Hope that helps.
                              Aw man. I hope I have time to get my passport. All I have for now is a DL and Naturalization Certificate, along with my social security card and selective service number. I don't understand why it would be necessary to take a copy of the passport though. W/e, I guess government wants all the info that they can get on you handy.

Thanks for the info, I'll probably fedex it over as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                Since when have they required a passport? Last I knew all one needed was a valid government-issued photo ID...such as a DL.
                                They don't require a passport but if you have it you need to furnish the info off of it.
                                Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                                Aw man. I hope I have time to get my passport. All I have for now is a DL and Naturalization Certificate, along with my social security card and selective service number. I don't understand why it would be necessary to take a copy of the passport though. W/e, I guess government wants all the info that they can get on you handy.

Thanks for the info, I'll probably fedex it over as well.
                                Don't sweat it. If you don't have one don't get it. Also if you choose to get one don't do the expeditted route which is $120 from the post office because the regular way which costs $90 is actually faster lmao. I have tested this when my cousin and I got ours at the same time except he went the expeditted route. IamWolf, you know how it goes if you have it disclose it all because you don't want them to find something you didn't disclose. Keep in mind even though in CASS you may get the green check and it shows you are completed on your BI it is still ongoing while your are at FLETC.
                                Last edited by buis02; 12-27-2011, 01:40 PM.
                                CBPO
                                GEO Pref: SWB
                                App Date: 8/2/11
                                Written Exam: 9/1/11
                                NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                                TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                                E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                                SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                                PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                                Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                                BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                                VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                                DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                                Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                                Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                                PFT2: 3/16/12
                                EOD: 4/9/12
                                FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8972 users online. 231 members and 8741 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X