Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They just got told the same thing here at FLETC. If it passes we stay, if not back to our ports and report back to continue training when it resumes. Gotta love the G! Happy Friday All. Let us pray!
    CBP: CBPO
    EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• Originally posted by BKsfinest10 View Post
      They just got told the same thing here at FLETC. If it passes we stay, if not back to our ports and report back to continue training when it resumes. Gotta love the G! Happy Friday All. Let us pray!
      This is a messed up situation. I just paid off a very large credit card balance because I was to report to pre-academy on Monday. If I lose out on this job, I'm moving to Canada...hahaha.

Comment

• When they gonna let us know the outcome??? I have a 3 day drive to the port for my EOD!

Comment

• Looks like they have until tonight 12am to get it together before the chips start to fall. So I hope this is not my last FLETC run I'm about to go on. SMH. This has happened before and things usually come together. Sucks for those about to leave or that already left home starting on Monday.
          CBP: CBPO
          EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
            I get this as I'm packing my stuff to move 12 hours away from home....
            12 hours?

I'm flying in from Georgia on sunday, to check into my pre-paid rented appartment.

I got it just as I was walking out of my job for the last time.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC_Stitch View Post
              12 hours?

I'm flying in from Georgia on sunday, to check into my pre-paid rented appartment.

I got it just as I was walking out of my job for the last time.
              driving to nogales

Comment

• I'm sure it will work out. It always does. The same thing happend earlier this year they theratened to shut down becuase of some budget disagreement but the gov hasn't shut down in years plus if you are law enforcement you'll most likely be exempt. We still have to report to work, even if it shuts down. We still report at Dept of State. I guess it only affects you now during training but I'm sure by Mon it'll be business as usual.
                Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                PFT2: ?

Comment

• If there is a shutdown, is there any possible way that us new hires who have not reported to work yet could lose our offer? This could be terrible for a lot of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdivola View Post
                    If there is a shutdown, is there any possible way that us new hires who have not reported to work yet could lose our offer? This could be terrible for a lot of us.
                    From my understanding a shut down just means everything gets put on hold until they reach an agreement, meaning current employees that are not exempt (not extemely essential) should not report to work. Once the agreement is reached it's business as usual. Everything should go back to normal.

Comment

• What happens to new employees who are scheduled to report to work for the first time during a shutdown furlough?

A. By law, individuals do not become Federal employees until they report for work and are sworn in. Agencies should consider delaying the enter-on-duty date for new employees who are scheduled during a shutdown furlough.

If a Government shutdown occurs, how will furloughed employees be informed when it is over?

A. Employees should follow their agency procedures, including any applicable collective bargaining agreements, which may include monitoring OPM’s website (www.opm.gov) and media outlets for notification that a continuing resolution or appropriation has been signed by the President.

When a Government shutdown ends, when are furloughed employees expected to return work?

A. If a shutdown were to occur, guidance concerning when furloughed employees should come back to work at the conclusion of the shutdown would have to be tailored to the specific situation. In the absence of such guidance, agencies should apply a rule of reason in requiring employees to return to work as soon as possible, taking into account the disruption in the lives and routines of furloughed employees that a shutdown causes.

http://www.opm.gov/furlough/faq/index.asp

Comment

• The last threat of a government shutdown occured this past April. Those at FLETC were told to be prepared to report back to their home port and those of us two days away from our EOD were told to standby in case the budget was not passed. Go to page 914+ of this thread to get a more detailed account of what happened.

Comment

• Got the email as I am finishing a 17 hour drive from FL... AWESOME! Keeping my fingers crossed..

Comment

• Is it passed and our fears are over or am I not reading this right?
                            http://finance.yahoo.com/news/house-...185348086.html
                            You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• If anyone was wondering......

As taken from: http://appropriations.house.gov/Uplo...ed_Summary.pdf

Originally posted by Appropriations View Post
                              U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) – The bill contains $11.7 billion for CBP – an
                              increase of $362 million over last year’s level. This funding provides for a total of 21,370 Border
                              Patrol agents and 21,186 CBP officers (sustaining the highest staffing levels in CBP’s history),
                              additional training and canine units at ports of entry, inspection and detection technology, and Air
                              and Marine operations and procurement. The bill increases funding for CBP’s targeting systems
                              and operations to $93 million to enhance the identification of known and suspected terrorists and
                              criminals, and makes a total of $775 million available in FY 2012 for border security fencing,
                              infrastructure, and technology

Comment

• I received the email after a terrifying 10-hour motorcycle ride through rainy mountains and windy deserts to get to my POE with a Monday EOD (Before I'm chastised for traveling by motorcycle, let me just say that I'm in the poorhouse and had to leave the reliable car with the wife and kids...and a 3-month rental car is not feasible)...Whether or not this budget goes through, it scares the crap outta me considering I just quit my job, left my family, and am in the middle of the desert.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18760 users online. 508 members and 18252 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X