Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • miami or fl and al others

    Im just wondering if any1 knows if Florida and all other locations will be faster than MIami and seaport for hiring.

    I would think they dont need anyone in Miami..since I SEE many officers THERE/

    I do want to stay in Florida no matter what..

    Comment


    • Thanks for the reply.. Anymore suggestions..

      Comment


      • Here's the text of the dateline article. Pretty good stuff.

        http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25999369/

        Comment


        • Thanks for the answers. I was told from the test administrator that the personality test does count in the score. Anywho, does anyone know of any other federal government jobs in San Diego that I could apply for? Thanks for my retarded questions in advance.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sd_girl03 View Post
            Thanks for the answers. I was told from the test administrator that the personality test does count in the score. Anywho, does anyone know of any other federal government jobs in San Diego that I could apply for? Thanks for my retarded questions in advance.
            usajobs.com is your friend, I'd try there.
            ICE IEA

            May 08 Written Test
            Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
            March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
            July 09 Oral Board
            Background Started 11/16/09

            EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
            Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

            Comment


            • I have a general question! I contacted internal affairs in Houston and spoke to the person who called me for additional info on my BI, He told me he was done with my BI and found me suitable for the job meaning that he passed me. He also said he sent my file to Washington, and that at this point the only thing I'm waiting for is THE CALL! for a job offer. Has anyone been in this situation? Can someone shed some light into this? I don't wanna get my hopes up but I think i may be getting close! I tested back in NOV 2007 and everything shows completed in CAAS except; QUALS= pending and BI= In the security office.
              Any info would be greatly appreciated!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
                I have a general question! I contacted internal affairs in Houston and spoke to the person who called me for additional info on my BI, He told me he was done with my BI and found me suitable for the job meaning that he passed me. He also said he sent my file to Washington, and that at this point the only thing I'm waiting for is THE CALL! for a job offer. Has anyone been in this situation? Can someone shed some light into this? I don't wanna get my hopes up but I think i may be getting close! I tested back in NOV 2007 and everything shows completed in CAAS except; QUALS= pending and BI= In the security office.
                Any info would be greatly appreciated!
                I'm in exactly the same boat as you. Don't hold your breath.

                jrq16

                Comment


                • I got the call! Report date to the Port of Long Beach 9/2, Academy date in early October.

                  Thank you to all that answered my questions, good luck to everyone

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post
                    I got the call! Report date to the Port of Long Beach 9/2, Academy date in early October.

                    Thank you to all that answered my questions, good luck to everyone
                    Congrats..What's your timeline?

                    Good Luck...

                    jrq16

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by freeagent305 View Post
                      Im just wondering if any1 knows if Florida and all other locations will be faster than MIami and seaport for hiring.

                      I would think they dont need anyone in Miami..since I SEE many officers THERE/

                      I do want to stay in Florida no matter what..

                      From my understanding, the short and quick answer is no...
                      Miami is still hiring people and I've only started just this week, but there has been a new class in just the airport of around 5 people every 2 weeks... not sure about the seaport but i understand they are hiring there just as much.

                      The number a current CBPO told me that they need to hire is approx another 300 more at least.
                      Last edited by Dfly123; 08-06-2008, 04:24 PM. Reason: spelling
                      Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                      Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                      Graduated Dec 18, 2008

                      Its game on from here....

                      Comment


                      • Hey guys...I'm new to this thread. I just wanna wish all future CBP officers or potential CBP officers the best of luck. I'm scheduled to take my first written exam on Aug. 14th upstate NY. I hope I do well. Anyway, I had a question about the background Inquiries...A few years back, I had a parking ticket from my local village that I completely forgot about. A couple of years later, the town issued a warrant for my arrest for the ticket. I paid the ticket and resolved the issue and had the warrant lifted. Does anyone know if issue ruined my chances of becoming an officer? I've never had any "run-ins" with the law. I have a clean driving record. A couple of late payments on credit cards (all caught up now). I'm well known in my community because I've worked in my town all my life. I hope my positive character holds sufficient enough to be chosen as an officer. Thanks in advance for any insight!

                        -Once again, good luck to all CBP hopefuls...

                        Comment


                        • I found a link to some interesting videos...
                          http://www.truveo.com/show/Dateline%20NBC

                          has some CBP clips

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FLEOCandidate View Post
                            I found a link to some interesting videos...
                            http://www.truveo.com/show/Dateline%20NBC

                            has some CBP clips
                            Thats just about the whole dateline show i was talking about... all the ones that say "posted 2 days ago".
                            Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                            Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                            Graduated Dec 18, 2008

                            Its game on from here....

                            Comment


                            • Hey guys, a couple of questions if you don't mind. Is CPB currently looking for individuals that are willing to work in Southern California (particularly LAX/Long Beach). I applied and still haven't heard from FAMS, hence the reason why I'm considering this position.

                              Also, as a CBP officer, can you carry outside of the workplace like fellow LEO's?

                              Thanks in advance.
                              United States Border Patrol
                              08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
                                Hey guys, a couple of questions if you don't mind. Is CPB currently looking for individuals that are willing to work in Southern California (particularly LAX/Long Beach). I applied and still haven't heard from FAMS, hence the reason why I'm considering this position.

                                Also, as a CBP officer, can you carry outside of the workplace like fellow LEO's?

                                Thanks in advance.

                                Take a look at the critical needs locations. Thats were they are really pushing to hire. I'm pretty sure San Ysidro is always looking for new officers. Not sure what the situation is at LAX or Long Beach. As for carry, yes we have the option to carry off duty.
                                Don't tase me bro!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5306 users online. 382 members and 4924 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X