300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
    Congrats. At least you got something rite? Look at it this way a lot of us are sitting here waiting for the G to throw us something. Well you can always go for the transfer after the 2 years or possibly earlier rite?

Just curious but I was wondering how old everyone is? I kind of feel like I'm late in the game.
    Yeah, a transfer is always possible. That's why when I move, I'm renting a home and not going to bother to try to qualify for a mortgage.
    From what I've been seeing regarding age, it is a very broad spectrum. Some are as young as me (22) and some are in their late 30's early 40's and everything in between.

Originally posted by davidB. View Post
    no stretch test at the pft2

I EOD monday with a few others at my port, so I contacted the person my final letter (email) told me to. She was either really confused or something, as she didn't have me in her system yet and didn't seem to sure as to why I was calling her. She told me there was ~20 forms to bring with me and that she'd email them to me. Yeah, that didn't happen, so I found a bunch on the cbp website.

I imagine it would be a good idea if I printed these out and filled them in before showing up Monday
    http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/n...s_complete.xml
    You're not alone, I got the same response from my port. She said, that all they knew was that they were getting a large group in on the 19th, but she didn't have me in the system. I was told to print out the forms, but to not bother filling them out until the first day, since everything would be explained on that day, plus there will be more forms there waiting for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
      Yeah, a transfer is always possible. That's why when I move, I'm renting a home and not going to bother to try to qualify for a mortgage.
      From what I've been seeing regarding age, it is a very broad spectrum. Some are as young as me (22) and some are in their late 30's early 40's and everything in between.
      Thats good to hear. I'm 29 about to hit 30 come February. Just gotta make sure I can hang with the young guys likes you.
      CBPO
      GEO Pref: SWB
      App Date: 8/2/11
      Written Exam: 9/1/11
      NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
      TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
      E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
      SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
      PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
      Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
      BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
      VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
      DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
      Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
      Call Rec.: 3/2/12
      PFT2: 3/16/12
      EOD: 4/9/12
      FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Is anyone else going to San Ysidro on Monday? If so do you guys understand how the parking works? Its seems a bit confusing the way she explained to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedkid View Post
          Is anyone else going to San Ysidro on Monday? If so do you guys understand how the parking works? Its seems a bit confusing the way she explained to me.
          I am, but I'm taking the trolley. Leaves you right there. The San Diego MTS is pretty awesome, and clean. I'll be riding the trolley pretty much the whole time, even after we move.

Comment

• Am I supposed to receive forms/notifications regarding where/when to report for EOD after passing pft2, because so far I have not gotten none.

Comment

• I just got an email with letter attached and a number to contact someone down in San Ysidro.

Comment

• Don't count on being able to arrange a transfer out of your port, especially a transfer targeted to a specific port or area.

Transfers work out for some people. For a very large number of people though, transfers are somewhere between vastly difficult and virtually impossible to organize and complete.

Comment

• ------------
                  Last edited by JAvellina; 12-21-2011, 02:00 PM.
                  CBPO
                  Geopref - SWB
                  Tested - 7/19/2011
                  NOR (Rating -100 GS-5/7) - 8/29/2011
                  TSL - 8/29/2011
                  MED/PFT1 - 9/26/2011
                  Poly - 10/26/2011
                  VBT/SI - 10/31/2011
                  BI Started - 11/1/2011
                  Drug Screening - 11/30/2011

Comment

• I almost got the same timeline you got...

CBPO
                    Geopref - SWB
                    Tested - 7/19/2011
                    NOR (Rating -91 GS-5/7) - 8/29/2011
                    TSL - 8/29/2011
                    MED/PFT1 - 10/24/2011

VBT/SI - taking it tomorrow
                    BI Started - Green on Cass
                    Drug Screening - 12/11/2011
                    App Date: 6/2/11
                    Written Exam: 7/23/11
                    NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-7): 9/29/11
                    TSL submitted: 10/07/11
                    E-QIP 10/15/11
                    Qualifications: ( cleared CASS GS7 1/11/12)
                    PFT1: 11/03/11 (cleared CASS 11/1/11)
                    Med: 11/8/11 Done (cleared on CASS )
                    BI: 11/02/11 (cleared CASS 11/25/11)
                    VBT/SI: 12/16/11 cleared on CASS)
                    DT: 12/14/11 (cleared 12/20/11)
                    Referred to Schedule EOD 01/31/12
                    PFT2: 3-7-12
                    EOD:3-19-12
                    FLETC: 4-18-12

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC_Stitch View Post
                      I am, but I'm taking the trolley. Leaves you right there. The San Diego MTS is pretty awesome, and clean. I'll be riding the trolley pretty much the whole time, even after we move.
                      You may want to change your plans for pre-academy and post. Besides the first day and a port tour on another day in San Ysidro, all of your training will take place at the training office in Otay Mesa, about 9 miles east. The trolley into San Ysidro is safe for the travelling public, not for a CBPO in full uniform who is despised by the population on the southern border.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        Don't count on being able to arrange a transfer out of your port, especially a transfer targeted to a specific port or area.

Transfers work out for some people. For a very large number of people though, transfers are somewhere between vastly difficult and virtually impossible to organize and complete.
                        Lol Merlin... Trust me I never get my hopes up lol. But if it did happen it would be like hitting the lottery for me. If I get something in California I'd be happy just don't want to force the fiancee to have to relocate and give up the car racing thing and her shop and move the kids as well.

Originally posted by JAvellina View Post
                        Is everyone that is EODing testing with the June vacancy?

My DT just went green - so all I am waiting on now is my BI to finish up (met with the investigator a month and a half ago), and then hopefully an EOD (hopefully the EOD before)!

Anyone have similar time frames of receiving the call, or is just pretty much random?
                        I don't have the same time frame as you but looks like you have been progressing through the process pretty fast. Check out my signature and you can compare it to mine. I've kept mine updated exactly to the day they cleared on CASS since they tend to do the updates on Thursdays and my VBT/SI just cleared today. Just waiting for my Qualifications and DT to go green and wait for the call.

As for the BI I think somewhere in this thread someone stated that even though it goes green in CASS it is still on going even when you're in academy, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                        You may want to change your plans for pre-academy and post. Besides the first day and a port tour on another day in San Ysidro, all of your training will take place at the training office in Otay Mesa, about 9 miles east. The trolley into San Ysidro is safe for the travelling public, not for a CBPO in full uniform who is despised by the population on the southern border.
                        Now thats some good info. Thanks thoughtless just in case I get a call for San Ysidro...
                        Last edited by buis02; 12-15-2011, 10:08 AM.
                        CBPO
                        App Date: 8/2/11
                        Written Exam: 9/1/11
                        NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                        TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                        E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                        SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                        PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                        Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                        BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                        VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                        DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                        Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                        Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                        PFT2: 3/16/12
                        EOD: 4/9/12
                        FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Can anyone answer salary question... is our pay during the Pre-academy and the academy will be based on the General Schedule and Locality Pay Tables, and Law Enforcement Special Base Rates and Locality Pay Tables after the trainings?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                            True, I thought about that (regarding the trolley and CBPO travelling), but I wasn't planning on wearing my uniform, rather changing on the job. If that was allowed. And for Pre-academy, we won't be in uniform, correct? We'll be doing business casual. Once I get on the job and move here, I'll have my car, but until then, for PA, I'm stuck with public.

I'm going to map out Otay via the bus from my apartment. I got a small place off of Bayfront, about a block from the trolley stop with bus access. I'm not sure what the time will be from there to Otay. Maybe you know?

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                              Congrats. At least you got something rite? Look at it this way a lot of us are sitting here waiting for the G to throw us something. Well you can always go for the transfer after the 2 years or possibly earlier rite?

Just curious but I was wondering how old everyone is? I kind of feel like I'm late in the game.
                              Don't worry I'm 35.
                              Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                              Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                              TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                              PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                              Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                              VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                              B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                              Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                              Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                              PFT2: ?

Comment

• I wonder why CASS updates so fast for other people and some people doesn't update at all

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12257 users online. 413 members and 11844 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X