Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive been trying to post but havent been able too.

Took the test end of august, and everything is done just waiting on the Call, im really hoping I can EOD before the year ends which seems unlikely now.
    "Chefs dont hate, we cook"

Comment

• This summer I was scheduled to take the polygraph exam but I declined because I wasn't interested in the position anymore. Will that count against me in case I want to re-apply in the future?

Comment

• My current GEO is SW Border. I'm going to keep going just to see what happens. Still doesn't make sense. Shouldn't let people apply just to deny them later on. Especially when applying I let them know that I had failed the poly before. Oh well I'm hoping for the best!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
          My current GEO is SW Border. I'm going to keep going just to see what happens. Still doesn't make sense. Shouldn't let people apply just to deny them later on. Especially when applying I let them know that I had failed the poly before. Oh well I'm hoping for the best!

Good luck. Unfortunately the G is known for doing things bass ackwards when it comes to hiring processes. I failed a panel interview where results count for a year in a different hiring process. Twice it let me apply again in that time period and I made it all the way to the panel interview both times only to be booted out at that point.

Comment

• To those wanting San Ysidro. I mentioned earlier, but when I took my PFT2, it seemed that all the ones getting that port, were locals. So they seem to be getting preference. Unlike me who lives 4 hours north, I ended up getting Nogales.

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
              To those wanting San Ysidro. I mentioned earlier, but when I took my PFT2, it seemed that all the ones getting that port, were locals. So they seem to be getting preference. Unlike me who lives 4 hours north, I ended up getting Nogales.
              Congrats. At least you got something rite? Look at it this way a lot of us are sitting here waiting for the G to throw us something. Well you can always go for the transfer after the 2 years or possibly earlier rite?

Just curious but I was wondering how old everyone is? I kind of feel like I'm late in the game.
              CBPO
              GEO Pref: SWB
              App Date: 8/2/11
              Written Exam: 9/1/11
              NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
              TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
              E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
              SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
              PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
              Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
              BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
              VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
              DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
              Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
              Call Rec.: 3/2/12
              PFT2: 3/16/12
              EOD: 4/9/12
              FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                Congrats. At least you got something rite? Look at it this way a lot of us are sitting here waiting for the G to throw us something. Well you can always go for the transfer after the 2 years or possibly earlier rite?

Just curious but I was wondering how old everyone is? I kind of feel like I'm late in the game.
                I'm currently 36 and a disabled veteran, I've also been with the G since 98

Comment

• Quick question about pre-academy. I was wondering what our hours will be like during pre-academy. Can anyone tell me their experience? Is it typically monday through friday work week or does it vary?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdivola View Post
                    Quick question about pre-academy. I was wondering what our hours will be like during pre-academy. Can anyone tell me their experience? Is it typically monday through friday work week or does it vary?
                    I'd like to know too, I start in 5 days but still trying to reach local HR for the start time and details.
                    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Passed the PFT 1...again. Let's see how this plays out.

Comment

• Hi all, I've been lurking around for a while. Good information, thank you all for your posts.

One quick question. And I should preface it by saying I did search but there are so many "pft1" keywords that the entire CBPO and BPA" threads came up.

I just want to make sure that this is all that is done during the pft1:
                        Push-ups
                        Sit-ups
                        Side steps
                        Lift/Lower test
                        Step test (what is the height? I've tried looking for this and haven't been able to find something regarding the height of the step).

And the running (as well as sit-ups and push-ups) are for the PFT2 only?

Thank you in advance!
                        CBPO
                        Geo: SWB
                        Written Exam: 10/14/11
                        NOR: 11/7/11
                        TO: 11/14/11
                        TSL: 11/30/11
                        E-Qip & SF-86: 12/05/11

Comment

• Originally posted by abrown21 View Post
                          Hi all, I've been lurking around for a while. Good information, thank you all for your posts.

One quick question. And I should preface it by saying I did search but there are so many "pft1" keywords that the entire CBPO and BPA" threads came up.

Push-ups
                          Sit-ups
                          Side steps
                          Lift/Lower test
                          Step test (what is the height? I've tried looking for this and haven't been able to find something regarding the height of the step).

Thank you in advance!

My step was about 14 inches high. I wear a size 12 and put my foot up against it and it exceeded my shoe by about 2 inches. I think the standard is 12 inches though.

Comment

• Originally posted by abrown21 View Post
                            Hi all, I've been lurking around for a while. Good information, thank you all for your posts.

Push-ups
                            Sit-ups
                            Side steps
                            Lift/Lower test

Thank you in advance!
                            The step test is 12 inches. Thats probably the one thing that will get you pretty good. I definitely took that for granted.

The PFT2 has the 220 yard dash, 1.5 mile run, push ups, sit ups and the stretch I believe.
                            CBPO
                            GEO Pref: SWB
                            App Date: 8/2/11
                            Written Exam: 9/1/11
                            NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                            TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                            E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                            SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                            PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                            Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                            BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                            VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                            DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                            Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                            Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                            PFT2: 3/16/12
                            EOD: 4/9/12
                            FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                              I'd like to know too, I start in 5 days but still trying to reach local HR for the start time and details.
                              I've read numerous places that it was M-F, 8-4..., and when I got a hold of my port director, he said the same thing, M-F, 8-4, starting when I EOD next monday. I'd maybe plan around something similar. They didn't give you the contact info for the port director or whoever you are supposed to speak with?

On a side note, for those that have already EOD'ed, in the NEO packet, did you submit all the paperwork via mail/fax prior, or did you show up to the port with the paperwork? I know the directions say to mail/fax it, but some of the forms are broken links, etc, so I'm not sure if some of them are supplied at the port or not.

Comment

• no stretch test at the pft2

I EOD monday with a few others at my port, so I contacted the person my final letter (email) told me to. She was either really confused or something, as she didn't have me in her system yet and didn't seem to sure as to why I was calling her. She told me there was ~20 forms to bring with me and that she'd email them to me. Yeah, that didn't happen, so I found a bunch on the cbp website.

I imagine it would be a good idea if I printed these out and filled them in before showing up Monday
                                http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/n...s_complete.xml

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14619 users online. 416 members and 14203 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X