300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAvellina View Post
    Mine took 4, my buddy's took 2 - just really depends on how efficient/ good at their job they are, as well as how busy they are.

On the end of advice, eat a good breakfast, definitely avoid caffeine, and I would stretch before the physical part.
    Agreed.. Just make sure you also practice the cadence step. Don't take that for granted. It seriously kills after 2 minutes. I almost had a hard time staying on mark.

Originally posted by Gringa View Post
    Thanks buis. I wish they'd start the dang BI. I've got nothing else to look forward to!! lol
    I suppose I should be thankful I haven't received an order for a poly. I feel so bad for the people who fail and can't get hired.
    Gringa you should be fine. Yeah you'll get a call soon enough. I wouldn't worry. I just sat back and relaxed and was suprised at how fast I was contacted with everything. Now i'm just waiting for my results on the VBT/SI and the 2 other things and maybe, just maybe I'll get a call. I hope I didn't fail that VBT/SI...
    CBPO
    GEO Pref: SWB
    App Date: 8/2/11
    Written Exam: 9/1/11
    NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
    TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
    E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
    SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
    PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
    Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
    BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
    VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
    DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
    Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
    Call Rec.: 3/2/12
    PFT2: 3/16/12
    EOD: 4/9/12
    FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• For those who tested back in the day for Florida (not Miami).... There are 2 new hires coming in to Orlando next Monday. At least some of the old testers are finally getting some love in the area. I know that one of them is from 2008, not sure about the other. If you guys are here on this forum, I'll see you on Monday!
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• [QUOTE=buis02;2941523]Agreed.. Just make sure you also practice the cadence step. Don't take that for granted. It seriously kills after 2 minutes. I almost had a hard time staying on mark.

Yes the Step Test was a rather pain in the ***, but mostly because I was facing the clock. I recommend you not be facing a clock - it drove me nuts!!
        CBPO
        Geopref - SWB
        Tested - 7/19/2011
        NOR (Rating -100 GS-5/7) - 8/29/2011
        TSL - 8/29/2011
        MED/PFT1 - 9/26/2011
        Poly - 10/26/2011
        VBT/SI - 10/31/2011
        BI Started - 11/1/2011
        Drug Screening - 11/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by crangel209 View Post
          Let me know how it goes...where are you taking it?? I have mine on wednesday
          I'm taking the medical and PFT1 in NYC.
          Thanks everyone for their little advise.
          Exam: 03/2012
          NOR: 04/2012 81
          Qualified for: GS 7
          TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
          Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
          VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
          Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
          BI: Security Office 01/02/13
          Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
          EOD:
          PFT 2:

Comment

• Originally posted by sammax View Post
            Hello all,

Even though I do not post that often I do follow this thread and am happy for the ones that have gotten the call, anyway my case is not a good one.

I have a question hopefully someone has a good answer, somebody that maybe went trough the same, these first time I applied for CBP was back in 2008, I did met all the pre-employment requirements and got placed on TSU but sat there for over a year until they call me for the famous poly...and You guessed right I did fail, I received a letter that said I was unsuitable due to not passing the poly, it did not said that I could not apply again or that I have to wait for a certain period of time, but just to be sure I did called and asked if I could apply again, they told me YES, long story short, I did re-apply at the end of 2010 and have gone thru the process since, the only things that are missing still are the background and the drug test, but I just received a letter stating that I could not continue because I did failed the polygraph on the old application??????

I do not understand why I was not told this from the beginning and made me do all this all over again?????? And not only for CBP but for BPA as well....since They also withdraw my BPA application together with CBPO back in 2010 and re-applied for both again.

Has anyone gone trough the same?, does anyone has any ideas of what to do??

Any info is greatly appreciated and good luck to you all!!!
            Unfortunately, CBP's policy as I understand it doesn't give you anything to do. I was told I failed my polygraph, and I called IA to request a re-test or ask what my options were. I was told no re-test would be offered, and I had no recourse or right to appeal. I asked if I could re-apply in the future, and was told that nothing would stop me from re-applying. I'd move through the process like any other applicant until they got to the background portion. At that point, they'd review my previous polygraph and disqualify me based on it. This would go for a CBPO or a BPA app.

I was told my only option was to write my member of Congress. Unfortunately, I doubt there's much political will to change the polygraph requirement. For one, it probably does weed out some people who have no business in Federal LE. Those who fail polygraphs despite being innocent are a relatively small and powerless group; therefore not a demographic any elected representative cares much about. I'm sure they'd rather take a few people not getting a job over any perception that they're weak on border corruption or national security.

Good luck, but you might need to move your federal career aspirations outside of CBP.

Comment

• I've heard criminals have passed polygraph tests while perfectly innocent people have failed it. So for those who have passed it...what is the key? Not get nervous? I mean, it's sad to read stories of candidates being disqualified because of not passing the polygraph after they have passed everything else and gotten so far in the process.

Comment

• ------------
                Last edited by JAvellina; 12-21-2011, 02:01 PM.
                CBPO
                Geopref - SWB
                Tested - 7/19/2011
                TSL - 8/29/2011
                MED/PFT1 - 9/26/2011
                Poly - 10/26/2011
                VBT/SI - 10/31/2011
                BI Started - 11/1/2011

Comment

• I tested in December 2010 and I am looking at my NOR email. It says that my eligibility expires 01/04/2012, just three weeks away. Am I going to need to do anything to keep my process open?
                  Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                    I tested in December 2010 and I am looking at my NOR email. It says that my eligibility expires 01/04/2012, just three weeks away. Am I going to need to do anything to keep my process open?
                    That's just for the NOR... once you get the TO you're good to go.
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• ------------
                      Last edited by JAvellina; 12-21-2011, 02:01 PM.
                      CBPO
                      Geopref - SWB
                      Tested - 7/19/2011
                      TSL - 8/29/2011
                      MED/PFT1 - 9/26/2011
                      Poly - 10/26/2011
                      VBT/SI - 10/31/2011
                      BI Started - 11/1/2011

Comment

• Does anyone know if for some reason you don't pass the poly, would that affect any current clerance you may already have?
                        Last edited by DSgirlCA; 12-13-2011, 01:48 PM.
                        Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                        Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                        TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                        PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                        Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                        VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                        B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                        Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                        Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                        PFT2: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by DSgirlCA View Post
                          Does anyone know if for some reason you don't pass the poly, would that affect any current clerance you may already have?
                          from what I've read, if you don't pass the poly, you're automatically unable to be employed

Comment

• I just got an E-mail congratulating me on passing my PFT 1 from over a month ago. Is this just an automatic e-mail sent out after a certain period after passing your first physical or does this mean I should expect my PFT 2 soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAvellina View Post
                              So I am sure everyone is going to laugh at me, but here we go....

On the morning of my drug screening, I made sure I did everything right by avoiding caffeine, etc, etc., but ended out in one of my other offices that was closer to my testing site - which happens to make some fantastic egg sandwiches. So of course, without thinking I order one on a kaiser roll, that was slightly garnished with poppy seeds. Nothing like a NY Roll or NY Poppy seed bagel (aka more seeds than skin), but it did have some on it. Is this something to be really concerned about, or can I stop losing sleep at night?! I feel SO stupid!

Thanks!
                              I wouldn't be worried. My drug screening was green in about a week. Be patient, you'll be fine!

Comment

• [QUOTE=DIGG7ER;2942211]from what I've read, if you don't pass the poly, you're automatically unable to be employed[/QUOTE

Oh ok. I guess my concern is if it will affect my current job. I have a top secret clerance now but I've never taken a poly.
                                Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                                Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                                TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                                PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                                Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                                VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                                B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                                Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                                Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                                PFT2: ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4988 users online. 326 members and 4662 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X