300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
    Edit: I looked back to see that you are staying in Chicago. You have my congrats and condolences.
    PM sent, you need to elaborate on the condolences before it kills me. I had a hard time as it is to leave my current dept.

Originally posted by wmu2003 View Post
    Passed with you in Detroit. Are you starting March 1 for FLETC?

Anyone have any idea how long after PFT2 before we get our final acceptance letter?
    Yes I am
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Basically for me it was going through and answering questions they ask you. Some of the stuff is from your EQip. Don't stress too much just try to disclose as much as you can. For me I had a temporary restraining order filed against me by an crazy ex girlfriend back in 2004 that I disclosed and provided her with the case number and judgment on my behalf. Another incident was a civil suit, where I ended up suing someone in small claims as well. Nothing to get stressed about but you should be fine.
      CBPO
      GEO Pref: SWB
      App Date: 8/2/11
      Written Exam: 9/1/11
      NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
      TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
      E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
      SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
      PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
      Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
      BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
      VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
      DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
      Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
      Call Rec.: 3/2/12
      PFT2: 3/16/12
      EOD: 4/9/12
      FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringa View Post
        Can anyone tell me what you talk to the background investigator about? What exactly will they be asking? About your finances and driving record, etc???
        Basically just answering questions they ask you from a packet. Some of the stuff is from your EQip. Don't stress too much just try to disclose as much as you can. For me I had a temporary restraining order filed against me by an crazy ex girlfriend back in 2004 that I disclosed and provided her with the case number and judgment on my behalf. Another incident was a civil suit, where I ended up suing someone in small claims as well. Nothing to get stressed about but you should be fine.
        CBPO
        GEO Pref: SWB
        App Date: 8/2/11
        Written Exam: 9/1/11
        NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
        TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
        E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
        SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
        PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
        Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
        BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
        VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
        DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
        Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
        Call Rec.: 3/2/12
        PFT2: 3/16/12
        EOD: 4/9/12
        FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Hello all,

Even though I do not post that often I do follow this thread and am happy for the ones that have gotten the call, anyway my case is not a good one.

I have a question hopefully someone has a good answer, somebody that maybe went trough the same, these first time I applied for CBP was back in 2008, I did met all the pre-employment requirements and got placed on TSU but sat there for over a year until they call me for the famous poly...and You guessed right I did fail, I received a letter that said I was unsuitable due to not passing the poly, it did not said that I could not apply again or that I have to wait for a certain period of time, but just to be sure I did called and asked if I could apply again, they told me YES, long story short, I did re-apply at the end of 2010 and have gone thru the process since, the only things that are missing still are the background and the drug test, but I just received a letter stating that I could not continue because I did failed the polygraph on the old application??????

I do not understand why I was not told this from the beginning and made me do all this all over again?????? And not only for CBP but for BPA as well....since They also withdraw my BPA application together with CBPO back in 2010 and re-applied for both again.

Has anyone gone trough the same?, does anyone has any ideas of what to do??

Any info is greatly appreciated and good luck to you all!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sammax View Post
            does anyone has any ideas of what to do??
            Write your senators and congressman and tell them that Federal law aught to ban any mandatory polygraph solicitations even in government.
            Last edited by Drifting; 12-12-2011, 12:54 PM.
            Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by sammax View Post
              Hello all,

Even though I do not post that often I do follow this thread and am happy for the ones that have gotten the call, anyway my case is not a good one.

I have a question hopefully someone has a good answer, somebody that maybe went trough the same, these first time I applied for CBP was back in 2008, I did met all the pre-employment requirements and got placed on TSU but sat there for over a year until they call me for the famous poly...and You guessed right I did fail, I received a letter that said I was unsuitable due to not passing the poly, it did not said that I could not apply again or that I have to wait for a certain period of time, but just to be sure I did called and asked if I could apply again, they told me YES, long story short, I did re-apply at the end of 2010 and have gone thru the process since, the only things that are missing still are the background and the drug test, but I just received a letter stating that I could not continue because I did failed the polygraph on the old application??????

I do not understand why I was not told this from the beginning and made me do all this all over again?????? And not only for CBP but for BPA as well....since They also withdraw my BPA application together with CBPO back in 2010 and re-applied for both again.

Has anyone gone trough the same?, does anyone has any ideas of what to do??

Any info is greatly appreciated and good luck to you all!!!
              weren't the polygraph questions about the items you provided them in the eqip?

Comment

• ------------------
                Last edited by JAvellina; 12-21-2011, 02:02 PM.
                CBPO
                Geopref - SWB
                Tested - 7/19/2011
                NOR (Rating -100 GS-5/7) - 8/29/2011
                TSL - 8/29/2011
                MED/PFT1 - 9/26/2011
                Poly - 10/26/2011
                VBT/SI - 10/31/2011
                BI Started - 11/1/2011
                Drug Screening - 11/30/2011

Comment

• Poly

I'm a July tester as well and took my poly around mid october. I have not met my BI yet either. But just a couple weeks ago I did my drug test so there's some movement in the hiring process. The process is different for alot of people. Don't worry too much about it. This is how the government works. My theory is that the geographic location you tested at is what most likely how the order of the process goes. Plus, the 2011 testers process is different from the 2010 testers.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAvellina View Post
                    Has anyone else been polygraphed for the most recent opening? I feel as if I have not read of anyone else being polygraphed - I also thought it was weird that I was polygraphed before meeting my BI.

Also - anyone had any luck regarding their adjudication yet, a possible time line would be great! My investigator said probably by the end of the year, but who knows.

This is my status currently:

CBPO
                    GEOPREF - SWB
                    Tested - 7/19/2011
                    TSL - 8/29/2011
                    MED/PFT1 - 9/26/2011
                    Poly - 10/26/2011
                    VBT/SI - 10/31/2011
                    Met with BI - 11/1/2011
                    Pre-employment Drug Screening - 11/30/2011

Thanks!
                    I tested in July and also underwent the poly prior to my bi. From reading various posts it seems to me that most of the July testers, if not all, were scheduled for polys. Although after completing the poly and receiving my EOD date I then met with a BI last week and that should be finished up within a few days prior to my EOD on 12/19. Hope that helps.
                    You, you, and you....panic. The rest of you come with me.

Comment

• ----------
                      Last edited by JAvellina; 12-21-2011, 02:02 PM.
                      CBPO
                      Geopref - SWB
                      Tested - 7/19/2011
                      TSL - 8/29/2011
                      MED/PFT1 - 9/26/2011
                      Poly - 10/26/2011
                      VBT/SI - 10/31/2011
                      BI Started - 11/1/2011

Comment

• Taking my medical and PFT1 tomorrow, how many hours is the process, 2 or 4 hours? also last minute advise? thanks
                        Exam: 03/2012
                        NOR: 04/2012 81
                        Qualified for: GS 7
                        TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                        Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                        VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                        Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                        BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                        Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                        EOD:
                        PFT 2:

Comment

• -------------
                          Last edited by JAvellina; 12-21-2011, 02:03 PM.
                          CBPO
                          Geopref - SWB
                          Tested - 7/19/2011
                          TSL - 8/29/2011
                          MED/PFT1 - 9/26/2011
                          Poly - 10/26/2011
                          VBT/SI - 10/31/2011
                          BI Started - 11/1/2011

Comment

• Thanks buis. I wish they'd start the dang BI. I've got nothing else to look forward to!! lol
                            I suppose I should be thankful I haven't received an order for a poly. I feel so bad for the people who fail and can't get hired.
                            CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
                            NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
                            T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
                            E-QIP: 10/12/11
                            VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
                            Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
                            Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
                            Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
                            B.I.: ???
                            PFT2:
                            E.O.D.:

Comment

• Originally posted by JAvellina View Post
                              TwoTwelve - you received your EOD already?? That's awesome, congrats! I guess I should be expecting something soon as well! I met with my investigation 11/1, so it should be finishing up soon, and just did my drug test! I can't believe they EOD'd you before passing your BI though, must be squeaky squeaky clean!

I am a little nervous at how fast the turn around is on EODs. I am currently a federal contractor working in DHS - my job probably won't be too happy, but what are you going to do! When a dream job in Federal Law Enforcement comes around, you have to jump on it!

By the way TwoTweleve - where did you test? I tested out of NYC.
                              Thanks! I'm really excited to get started. Just have to get past that pft2 on Wednesday. My BI did say that my bi would be finished and submitted before I EOD so I still must pass all the steps before getting hired. It just seems it was in a different order than most.

I originally tested in San Antonio.

Good luck to you.
                              You, you, and you....panic. The rest of you come with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
                                Taking my medical and PFT1 tomorrow, how many hours is the process, 2 or 4 hours? also last minute advise? thanks
                                Let me know how it goes...where are you taking it?? I have mine on wednesday

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17646 users online. 512 members and 17134 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X