300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
    Can someone tell me or PM me any info on weapons. Is the HK the only weapon you can carry duty/ off duty? I'm now officially an ex LEO and collected a few guns but thinking about selling them if I can't use them. (Search brought back very random info)
    I want to keep my M&P40c
    You can refer to the firearms policy, but we only issue the P2000. Refer to carry law in your state for rules and requirements.
    Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Your assessment on Illinois would be correct as it is the only state left in the Union with ZERO form of concealed carry on the books for private citizens. Anywhere else, and you would probably be fine carrying a non-agency approved / issued sidearm under a CCW permit (as a private citizen). Deviating from regs / policy in an off duty incident (involving badge,creds, and a firearm) is a recipe for getting yourself jammed up w/ IA.

Comment

• Does anyone know CBP OFO allows its officers to carry the HK P2000 SK(subcompact) off duty? Carrying a subcompact seems like it would make concealed carry a bit easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedkid View Post
          Does anyone know CBP OFO allows its officers to carry the HK P2000 SK(subcompact) off duty? Carrying a subcompact seems like it would make concealed carry a bit easier.
          No, they don't. A P2000 can be concealed just fine. It's a compact gun in the first place. If you want to carry a different gun, get a carry permit.
          Gek.

Comment

• Anybody in here close to graduating yet that is in a class that got scheduled for Spanish Training? They are in the dark as to when they are sending us after graduating....
            CBP: CBPO
            EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• Originally posted by BKsfinest10 View Post
              Anybody in here close to graduating yet that is in a class that got scheduled for Spanish Training? They are in the dark as to when they are sending us after graduating....
              Everyone in my class has been wondering that for a while (we don't graduate until February). By the sounds of it, you won't know till the last week or the week before depending on many factors. You may have to report the following Monday (if you graduate on a Friday as an example). You may have a two week overlap. I can't imagine you will have an overlap considering the volume of students here at Glynco and the amount of students that require Spanish in Charleston. If I hear anything I will shoot you a PM. That's my take on the whole situation.

I'm not worried because I don't have to go. Though, I honestly wish I could!

Comment

Does anyone know CBP OFO allows its officers to carry the HK P2000 SK(subcompact) off duty? Carrying a subcompact seems like it would make concealed carry a bit easier.
                The SK is issued to upper managers, so it does exist in policy. Read the new policy for what is authorized.
                Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                  Everyone in my class has been wondering that for a while (we don't graduate until February). By the sounds of it, you won't know till the last week or the week before depending on many factors. You may have to report the following Monday (if you graduate on a Friday as an example). You may have a two week overlap. I can't imagine you will have an overlap considering the volume of students here at Glynco and the amount of students that require Spanish in Charleston. If I hear anything I will shoot you a PM. That's my take on the whole situation.

I'm not worried because I don't have to go. Though, I honestly wish I could!
                  Cool keep me posted. I'm out in March just want to get a sense of when I will be going.

Comment

• I cant wait until Charleston, I am so happy that I dont have to deal with CASS and asking people when they think my background will clear. Good luck to you guys and I feel for you. Keep your heads up. As for me, I am going to kick it with my boys SPECTR and Philly, gonna hit up that Amir Khan fight at the G-BAR. Session, ON YOUR FEET! Thats for you SPECTOR

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what you talk to the background investigator about? What exactly will they be asking? About your finances and driving record, etc???
                      CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
                      NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
                      T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
                      E-QIP: 10/12/11
                      VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
                      Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
                      Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
                      Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
                      B.I.: ???
                      PFT2:
                      E.O.D.:

Comment

The HK P2000SK is roughly 1/3 an inch shorter barrel-wise and 1/3 an inch shorter height-wise when compared to the P2000. Width-wise it's virtually identical. I'd say 'a bit easier' to conceal would be about right. I really doubt as far as the average guy goes there's going to be much of a difference...speaking concealment wise.

Shooting-wise...that's probably a different story. I could see where the different configuration of the P200SK might fit some people better than the P2000.

It's also a 9 round mag for the SK in comparison to the 12 round mag of the P2000. For three extra bullets...personally, I'd carry the P2000.

Comment

• edit: delete
                          Last edited by OchoTres; 12-11-2011, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                            PFT2 in Detroit done, 4/12 people failed. 2 blood pressure (can reschedule I think) and 1 sit ups 1 pushups
                            Passed with you in Detroit. Are you starting March 1 for FLETC?

Anyone have any idea how long after PFT2 before we get our final acceptance letter?

Comment

• Originally posted by wmu2003 View Post
                              Passed with you in Detroit. Are you starting March 1 for FLETC?

Anyone have any idea how long after PFT2 before we get our final acceptance letter?
                              Usually a week to a week and a 1/2 after you pass. If you pass they will waist no time in letting you know when you start. Not a long wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                                There was 24 or 25 of us doing the PFT2 this morning in Chula Vista (all CBPO except 1 that was BP). The majority were for San Ysidro, at least 4 for LAX like myself (one of which failed the situps), a few others for small ports in AZ and NM.

A total of 3 people, all guys, failed the PFT2. 2 couldn't do the situps, 1 failed the run by a few seconds.
                                I was there. Only one from Nogales. It sucks that I wasn't able to meet anyone from my port there, but there was at least one guy with the same academy date as me. Is it me, or are people that are local to the San Diego area getting preference for San Ysidro?
                                Originally posted by iamcochran View Post
                                Completed PFT2 today in Chula Vista, too. It's a shame those 3 guys failed, but it really isn't too difficult of a test. I do feel for them though. I EOD in Douglas, AZ next week. Anyone else heading to Douglas?
                                The last guy failed by a little over 15 seconds. He said he had pulled a hamstring. He spent too much time walking it and not jogging.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9958 users online. 475 members and 9483 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X