Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ten30code01 View Post
    Is anyone waiting on Laredo Texas??
    Thanks
    I'm hoping for Brownsville Texas! Keeping my fingers crossed!
    "To accomplish great things , we must no only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Gringa View Post
      Drug Test went green on CASS today.
      Congrats congrats but I highly doubt it wouldn't go green My pre-employment forms, Medical Exam, and BI went green today and last Thursday my Fitness went green. CASS updated really slow for me but off to the DT tomorrow. Hopefully that goes green fast.
      CBPO
      GEO Pref: SWB
      App Date: 8/2/11
      Written Exam: 9/1/11
      NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
      TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
      E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
      SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
      PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
      Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
      BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
      VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
      DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
      Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
      Call Rec.: 3/2/12
      PFT2: 3/16/12
      EOD: 4/9/12
      FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

      Comment


      • Originally posted by buis02 View Post
        Congrats congrats but I highly doubt it wouldn't go green My pre-employment forms, Medical Exam, and BI went green today and last Thursday my Fitness went green. CASS updated really slow for me but off to the DT tomorrow. Hopefully that goes green fast.
        Did you take a polygrah? You're BI cleared in 2 weeks?

        Comment


        • Delete....
          Last edited by Jethro1984; 12-08-2011, 02:22 PM.
          Jeff

          :< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

          Comment


          • Originally posted by buis02 View Post
            Congrats congrats but I highly doubt it wouldn't go green My pre-employment forms, Medical Exam, and BI went green today and last Thursday my Fitness went green. CASS updated really slow for me but off to the DT tomorrow. Hopefully that goes green fast.
            I'm up in SF/bay area. Congrats! My BI was done a couple weeks after yours. Crossing my fingers that I get my final 2 green checks for BI and pre-employment by the end of the month.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jonnylaw View Post
              Did you take a polygrah? You're BI cleared in 2 weeks?
              I didn't take a poly at all. Well I initially contacted by my BI on/around 11/11 & met in person with her on 11/15 where she advised me that my file was being expedited which I'm sure everyone gets told that. Was told that my file had to be turned in by 11/21. So I guess from 11/21 till now is when it cleared if that makes sense since CASS is "supposedly" updated every Tues/Thurs. Like everyone on here you just gotta sit tight and wait for the green check.

              Originally posted by cfalco View Post
              I'm up in SF/bay area. Congrats! My BI was done a couple weeks after yours. Crossing my fingers that I get my final 2 green checks for BI and pre-employment by the end of the month.
              Nice. My concern was the green checks. Everything lagged on mine so in due time I'm sure it will all pop up green. Everyones been moving pretty fast through the process. I just have my Qualifications, Structured Interview, and Drug Screening which I'm doing tomorrow...
              CBPO
              GEO Pref: SWB
              App Date: 8/2/11
              Written Exam: 9/1/11
              NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
              TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
              E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
              SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
              PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
              Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
              BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
              VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
              DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
              Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
              Call Rec.: 3/2/12
              PFT2: 3/16/12
              EOD: 4/9/12
              FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

              Comment


              • CASS just updated to say that my file is in the security office. Everything is moving pretty fast for me. I am scheduled for my fitness tomorrow morning.

                Anyone know about how long until I hear from a BI??? Is everyone receiving POLY's lately? Not worried just want to be aware of what I'm expecting.

                Comment


                • BUIS02- Our timeline are very similar, my BI was turned in around the same time. Just today, in CASS my BI went from “in security office” to “schedule to EOD”.
                  Have you received a call yet?
                  Exam: 12/10
                  NOR: 1/25/10
                  Qualifications: ??
                  T.O: 5/25/11 (SWB)
                  PFT1: 7/11 (Passed)
                  Medical: 7/11 (Passed)
                  VBT & S.I.: 8/11(Passed)
                  Drug Test: 8/11 (Passed)
                  Polygraph: 9/11
                  B.I.: ??
                  PFT2: ??

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 202020
                    Great. Thanks for responding back!

                    No prob.

                    Don't get me wrong...Aggie can be a great gig. GS-12 pay(100K+ in some locations) for grabbing mangoes and shipping larvae off to APHIS. It's hard to beat that...

                    Comment


                    • Pft2

                      For those that have gone to pft2, when performing the sit ups test, can you put your hands across your chest or only hands behind your head? Thanks in advance for the info.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/18/08
                      NOR:8/22/08 LAX/LB 90
                      TO: 09/23/08
                      Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/08
                      Medical: Completed 12/08
                      Drug Test: Completed 11/08
                      Fitness: Completed 10/08 (retest 10/05/09)
                      VBT: Completed 11/08
                      BI: Completed (met with BI 12/10/08)
                      Qualifications: Completed 2/26/09

                      3/2/2009 You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed.
                      3/4/2009 Referred to Schedule EOD

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 202020
                        Somewhere on a different site I read a few posts where people argued about CBPAS only being GS-11 and they are not armed. (I hope they are, you never know what can come out from a mango truck)

                        I found the site: GS--12--Not for All
                        http://saveaward2010.ideascale.com/a...all/49179-9432
                        CBPASs are not armed, and as such do not receive an "enhanced retirement" package. In that link I thought it was interesting that someone described a certain level of integration of CBPAS duties into CBPO duties at a particular port. I'm sure it has everything to do with port culture. I'd hate to miss out on cross-training because the necessary higher-ups don't get along. Personally, as a CBPAS candidate, I'd definitely be interested in cross-training (if I ever get hired). It makes me wonder how often a CBPAS makes the switch to become a CBPO. Seems like a good way to eventually land one or more promotions. Does anyone happen to know if I might be able to get an age-restriction waiver if I want to make the switch in, say, 5 years from now (at which point I'll be 43). The fitness stuff is not an issue.

                        Comment


                        • CBPAS are GS-12. They are NOT armed nor do they have arrest authority.

                          FB

                          Comment


                          • GS--12--Not for All...

                            Somebody needs to redo his homework...Ag Specialists are not required to have a degree, although most do.

                            Most ports lack Ag. Specialists. CBPOs in those ports do most of the Ag. work there. The main exception would be the issuance of Ag. penalties.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mich-Again View Post
                              CBPASs are not armed, and as such do not receive an "enhanced retirement" package. In that link I thought it was interesting that someone described a certain level of integration of CBPAS duties into CBPO duties at a particular port. I'm sure it has everything to do with port culture. I'd hate to miss out on cross-training because the necessary higher-ups don't get along. Personally, as a CBPAS candidate, I'd definitely be interested in cross-training (if I ever get hired). It makes me wonder how often a CBPAS makes the switch to become a CBPO. Seems like a good way to eventually land one or more promotions. Does anyone happen to know if I might be able to get an age-restriction waiver if I want to make the switch in, say, 5 years from now (at which point I'll be 43). The fitness stuff is not an issue.
                              Don't count on a waiver. Although, if you're a veteran you might have limited waiver options.

                              You'll probably see limited cross-training. Having said that, keep in mind that there are nine CBPOs for every one CBPAs. Most likely your port will need you to focus on what they hired you for...Agriculture.

                              I seen Aggies jump into mission support positions to promote...that might be an avenue for you to consider.

                              Comment


                              • If you like BP ( They are more active and see more action) I suggest you to wait for BP and not spend all the money you will be spending on housing and meals. I been doing my EOD for a month and is been out of my own pocket.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9116 users online. 493 members and 8623 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X