Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they send you a confirmation letter or an email after the drug test, or should I just be checking for it to go green on CASS?
    CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
    NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
    T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
    E-QIP: 10/12/11
    VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
    Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
    Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
    Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
    B.I.: ???
    PFT2:
    E.O.D.:

Comment

• Originally posted by 202020
      I had the option between Eagle Pass and Roma Texas

They will video tape to document the pft2. So, I guess no slack. West Virginia is cold. Get gloves, sweatpants, and ski cap. Stay warm. Do a practice pft2 to see where you stand. On the day, I did the pft2 there were three women, they all passed. Good luck

Thanks, Congrats to you as well for passing the pft2. Did you get contacted by anyone from CBP after the PFT2?

This has been said before on the forums few times. Stretch before you take the pft2 or you may get a cramp. Good luck to all taking the pft2
      I see, Thanks! Where are you stationed?

Comment

• Thanks 202020. I wish they'd hurry with the background. None of my references have been contacted yet and I haven't heard from an investigator. Taking their time I guess. :/
        CBPO Exam: 08/1/11
        NOR: 8/30/11 86 No Vet Pts. Qual: GS-7
        T.S.L: 9/29/11 (SWB)
        E-QIP: 10/12/11
        VBT & S.I.: 10/25/11 Passed
        Medical and PFT1: 10/31/11 Passed
        Drug Test: 12/1/11 Passed
        Poly: Scheduled for 2/29/12
        B.I.: ???
        PFT2:
        E.O.D.:

Comment

• Hey everyone,
          I got my final EOD letter today via email. My scheduled academy dates are 2/6 - 6/11. That is roughly four months. Does this mean that Spanish training is included in these dates? I was told that Spanish training would be scheduled at a later date.
          Last edited by jdivola; 12-06-2011, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yesgonzalez223 View Post
            How was it in West Virginia?? Do they cut women any slack? I'm just nervous it's going to be harder than i expect.
            hey... the instructors down there were pretty helpful.... they have a wired shaped track around a pond..lol in order to complete a mile and half you needed to run 3 3/4 laps. The instructor gave us a break down of the times that u should be hitting on each lap to hit in order to hit you maximum target time. If you are going for BP the time for the mile in a half is 15 mins flat for cbpo its 17:15. here is a break down of the times.

3/4 lap- 3min
            lap2 - 7min
            lap 3 - 11min
            lap4 - 15min

if you are going for CBPO you can add about 30 sec to each lap and you'll still be fine.. as long as you can do these time you'll be set....
            Test - 12/2010
            NOR- 1/2011
            TO- 6/2011
            Medical- 7/2011-Complete
            Physical- 7/2011-Complete
            Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
            VBT/SI- 10/16/2011-complete
            Drug Test- 11/03/2011 complete
            pft 2- 12/02/2011 complete (Harpers Ferry, WV)
            EOD- 12/19/2011 Atlanta
            FLETC- 3/1/2012 class #212

Comment

• Hello to all. I have been a long time reader of this forum for a while. As of lately, I have noticed that the hiring process has been changing, especially for the 2011 testers. I am a 2010 tester and was recently contacted by an IA special agent to schedule a polygraph test set for Dec. 12. I found this kind of strange given that I have yet to meet with my BI and that I must also travel to Houston to take it. While speaking with agent, he made it out to be that polygraphs are provided somewhere nearby the applicant. I have previously read that they send off polygraph results to Houston for review. I wounder if this is the same place I will be testing at. Anyways, he explained that they moved me to the top of the list and had to schedule me ASAP; don't know what that was about. I can understand that they are trying to do away with unwanted spending on sending a BI to meet with an applicant who will later fail the poly, but I am courious to know if anyone else has or is going through this same process.

I was hoping to avoid the polygraph, but from the beginning there were some speed bumps that probably threw me in the pool for a polygraph. Although I have nothing to hide and have clean record, I have read all the horrible polygraph stories out there and surly do not want to be a statistic.

Also, if any of you will be EOD in the GEO I have listed on my signature within my profile, feel free to contact me. I am from the area and willing to help out in any way possible.
              Last edited by Roman360; 12-06-2011, 01:01 PM.
              CBP: CBPO
              GEO Pref: Texas SWB (Brownsville, Progresso, Pharr, Mission, Rio Grande City, Roma)
              Written Exam: 12/2010
              NOR: 1/25/2011
              TSL1: 6/30/2011
              PFT: 8/5/2011 (Passed 9/6/2011)
              TSL2: 8/12/2011 (Submitted 8/16/2011)
              VBT/SI: 8/29/2011 (Passed 9/8/2011)
              BI: ?
              Polygraph: Scheduled 12/12/2011
              NOPA: received 12/21/2011 (returned 1/5/2012)
              Qualification: 3/27/2012 GS-7
              Drug:?
              PFT2:?
              EOD: Soon, I hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by 202020
                I had the option between Eagle Pass and Roma Texas

They will video tape to document the pft2. So, I guess no slack. West Virginia is cold. Get gloves, sweatpants, and ski cap. Stay warm. Do a practice pft2 to see where you stand. On the day, I did the pft2 there were three women, they all passed. Good luck

Thanks, Congrats to you as well for passing the pft2. Did you get contacted by anyone from CBP after the PFT2?

This has been said before on the forums few times. Stretch before you take the pft2 or you may get a cramp. Good luck to all taking the pft2
                i still haven't been contacted yet... have you??
                Test - 12/2010
                NOR- 1/2011
                TO- 6/2011
                Medical- 7/2011-Complete
                Physical- 7/2011-Complete
                Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
                VBT/SI- 10/16/2011-complete
                Drug Test- 11/03/2011 complete
                pft 2- 12/02/2011 complete (Harpers Ferry, WV)
                EOD- 12/19/2011 Atlanta
                FLETC- 3/1/2012 class #212

Comment

• Originally posted by fmarte1088 View Post
                  hey... the instructors down there were pretty helpful.... they have a wired shaped track around a pond..lol in order to complete a mile and half you needed to run 3 3/4 laps. The instructor gave us a break down of the times that u should be hitting on each lap to hit in order to hit you maximum target time. If you are going for BP the time for the mile in a half is 15 mins flat for cbpo its 17:15. here is a break down of the times.

3/4 lap- 3min
                  lap2 - 7min
                  lap 3 - 11min
                  lap4 - 15min

if you are going for CBPO you can add about 30 sec to each lap and you'll still be fine.. as long as you can do these time you'll be set....
                  You are awesome! THanks for the info. I think push ups are my nightmare lol i'm a week away from eth test and i'm at 14-15 push ups. I'm going full force this week lol

Comment

• Anyone doing their VBT/SI in Long Beach tomorrow morning? I have mine and am pretty nervous. I have test anxiety so hoping this is going to go as smoothly as possible and maybe, just maybe, I'll get my results fast... In the meantime the only green check I have in CASS is my PFT1.
                    CBPO
                    GEO Pref: SWB
                    App Date: 8/2/11
                    Written Exam: 9/1/11
                    NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                    TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                    E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                    SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                    PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                    Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                    BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                    VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                    DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                    Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                    Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                    PFT2: 3/16/12
                    EOD: 4/9/12
                    FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• I have been a long time lurker here too, and thought I would share my story. I originally applied to CBP back in Nov. 2010. I just recently recieved my EOD date for Nogales, AZ after I changed my geographic preference to the southwest. I am currently a grad student at a college in AZ, and I was actually able to defer my offer of employment until this current semester ends. Although, the important thing to note is that if you defer your offer, the open slot will continue to be filled, and your offer gets held until there is another vacancy in your geographic preference area. Who knows when that could be. If anyone has any other info regarding where they are staying for the job shadowing, it would surely be useful. Academy dates are from 3/1/2012 - 7/5/2012. But then there will be an additional 6 weeks of a spanish course for people like me who need it.

OchoTres - I sent you an email/PM too.

Comment

• I've been lurking here for a while. I took my original written test way back in December 2010 hoping to get a position in SF/Bay Area. I decided to switch my geo preference to the southwest border in August and my process suddenly started moving extremely quick!

I finished my background interviews and I believe they were turned in towards the end of November. Anyone know if they're trying to push through backgrounds quickly for sw border hires? Also, any idea how they choose your location? Do they try to put you in a station that's close to where you're currently living or is it just luck of the draw?

It seems like I'm seeing more and more people getting calls in the recent months and it's very encouraging. Good luck to everybody. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by cfalco View Post
                          Anyone know if they're trying to push through backgrounds quickly for sw border hires? Also, any idea how they choose your location? Do they try to put you in a station that's close to where you're currently living or is it just luck of the draw?
                          My background investigation has been pending since July and I want South Texas. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on a job.

Likely they will offer you ports where they need to add people. I don't know for certain if it will work for you or if CBPO candidates are the same, but I went to the Border Patrol Academy with a bunch of folks going to stations in and around El Paso. 100% of them were already living in El Paso.
                          Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by cfalco View Post
                            I finished my background interviews and I believe they were turned in towards the end of November. Anyone know if they're trying to push through backgrounds quickly for sw border hires?
                            I spoke to my BI at the time she was working on mine and she said they expedited my file but then again it seems like they have been expediting a lot individuals through the process.
                            CBPO
                            GEO Pref: SWB
                            App Date: 8/2/11
                            Written Exam: 9/1/11
                            NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                            TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                            E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                            SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                            PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                            Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                            BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                            VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                            DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                            Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                            Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                            PFT2: 3/16/12
                            EOD: 4/9/12
                            FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Is anyone waiting on Laredo Texas??
                              Thanks

Comment

• I have a scheduled poly for 12/15 and took my drug test today... I haven't talked to a background investigator either and I've passed everything else.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13314 users online. 356 members and 12958 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X