300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
    So I heard that you are tested during preacademy just like you would be at FLETC. Any truth to that?
    you can send me a PM with specific questions. there are some tests you have to pass. they are computer based. most people get kicked out because they drink and drive or are openly insubordinate and stupid. they are continuously running your background so don't think you can hide that speeding ticket.......

Comment

• Originally posted by bowhunter103 View Post
      Can someone tell me what wifi I should get while at the academy ($30, $40 or $50)? I will be using Skype, Netflix, and playing games. Thanks
      When you get their just purchase the on-base internet. A wireless card will not work. Don't waste you money.

Comment

• Heres a strange one...but I need the help & experience

I've passed all of the hiring process stuff (for both CBPO AND BPA): VBT, SI, PFT1, Poly, and whatever else they've thrown my way. However, I received a letter from the MHC medical center saying that they have concerns with my VA rated disability (I hit a took from when a was serving on my 12 years of active duty), and they would like more info. Primarily, more info from my medical PCP stating if whether I could do the prescribed actions within the letter: carry 85lbs, bend over certain angles, run certain distances, etc, etc. Pretty lengthy list. They also requested that I send in my most recent VA rating decision, showing how badly I might be disabled or injured.
        So here is where my concern truly arises:
        1. I am currently serving within another agency as a federal Police Officer and have regular Physical & Medical evals (and I smoke em all!), and
        2. The VA lowered my rating from 50% to 20% due to me being in much better condition. Left with 20% due to other issues (scars, minor hearing loss, etc)
        3. I went to my medical PCP, and was FULLY evaluated and they pretty much said that I was Superman.
        Since I've sent all of that info AND MORE in, the MHC medical center calls back and said that they want more information. Primarily, they want all of the original information from when my injury originally happened, and the official documents that described the condition of my injury. The major problem is that I spent a hand full of years getting back to great physical condition since the injury. BUT, they are asking for the original paperwork that would make me sound as if I was in truly dire or BAD condition, as I was immediately following my surgery. After discharge, I worked my *** off to repair my body and get back to as close as I could before my hit.
        If I have passed all of their physical tests, and have received further statements from medical professionals stating the same, as well as a current position in federal law enforcement... Do they have the right to request old medical documents that are no longer applicable, nor do I receive VA compensation for?
        I close family friend was ruled ineligible for another gov't job for a similar situation recently. The agency requested further info regarding an old injury (again, from active duty time) and ruled him ineligible for the position...even though he passed all of their tests and they had no legal access to the previous info. It worries me to be in a similar position.
        Sorry this is sooo long…almost done. So do I ignore/decline their requests and only offer them what I have and want them to see? Or is there some sort of advocate or professional that could guide me through some of this?
        Thank you for any help.
        Much Respect,
        Verve10
        Last edited by Verve10; 12-04-2011, 09:36 PM. Reason: Spelling edit
        CBPO
        Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by afveteran View Post
          Don't know if anyone done this before with the schduling unit. I was offered and accepted for San Ysidro and was scheduled for almost 3 months for the pre-academy. Do you think it's do-able to call the schduling unit and have the academy start date moved to an earlier date (if there's an available seat). Therefore the pre-academy time will be adjusted according. Thanks
          Not a chance. You accepted the job with full disclosure.
          Gek.

Comment

• congrats!!!

Originally posted by 202020
            Today, I passed my pft2 in WV.

Time frame 1 year. (From written exam to Pft2)

same here man... took it in WV on friday and passed. process also took exactly one year for me. congrats again!!
            Test - 12/2010
            NOR- 1/2011
            TO- 6/2011
            Medical- 7/2011-Complete
            Physical- 7/2011-Complete
            Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
            VBT/SI- 10/16/2011-complete
            Drug Test- 11/03/2011 complete
            pft 2- 12/02/2011 complete (Harpers Ferry, WV)
            EOD- 12/19/2011 Atlanta
            FLETC- 3/1/2012 class #212

Comment

• I Feel Your "Pain"

Originally posted by Verve10 View Post
              I've passed all of the hiring process stuff (for both CBPO AND BPA): VBT, SI, PFT1, Poly, and whatever else they've thrown my way. However, I received a letter from the MHC medical center saying that they have concerns with my VA rated disability (I hit a took from when a was serving on my 12 years of active duty), and they would like more info. Primarily, more info from my medical PCP stating if whether I could do the prescribed actions within the letter: carry 85lbs, bend over certain angles, run certain distances, etc, etc. Pretty lengthy list. They also requested that I send in my most recent VA rating decision, showing how badly I might be disabled ...................
              Verve I'm close to being in the same boat. I've been a police officer with one of the largest departments in my state for 10 years now. I left briefly for a few months when the BP offered me a position again (accepted and went to Artesia but had to resign for family issues). I was injured on the job shortly after returning to my department. When I applied for CBPO I passed everything, including the physical AFTER being injured. Since that expired recently I had to have it done again. Now it seems to be an "issue"! There were several other items that have also now become "issues", for which MHC Med has requested additional testing on my dime (one of which was caused by the contract medical clinic screwing up during my physical!). Since my injury was over 5 years ago, I have to come up with "ancient history" records too. Fortunately the doctor I went to see for the additional exam was the same one that treated me originally! I have one more appointment to complete tomorrow before getting my stuff in the mail to MHC (by Wednesday). I'm hoping it's sufficient. I just want to get this cleared up ASAP so I can get back on the "everything completed list".

Wish you the best of luck and keep us posted on how you make out. I'll be sure to do the same, in case someone else runs into a similar situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp673 View Post
                When you get their just purchase the on-base internet. A wireless card will not work. Don't waste you money.
                Thanks for the response. I'm talking about the on-base internet though...don't they have three different internet speeds you can purchase? I thought someone said the slowest speed cost $30 and the fastest was $50. Is this accurate?

Comment

• Originally posted by bowhunter103 View Post
                  Thanks for the response. I'm talking about the on-base internet though...don't they have three different internet speeds you can purchase? I thought someone said the slowest speed cost $30 and the fastest was $50. Is this accurate?
                  yes that is accurate. I bought the most expensive to use with netflix. it is cheaper if you buy it for 3 months instead of one.
                  CBPO
                  TO - 05/08 JFK
                  EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Anyone who has received the call for (Texas All other, SWB Texas) what POEs are they still offering?
                    Just waiting on my BI to clear and was wondering if they are still offering Eagle Pass and Del Rio, or whatever else.

Before the new testers ask...Yes, 12/2010 testers had the option to choose Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
                      Interesting info. I took Spanish 9 years ago in high school and I did ok, not great. Anyhow anyone going to NOGALES on Dec 27? Trying to get some contacts.
                      I'm in Nogales now. If you have any questions PM me.

Comment

• Just a quick one, at FLETC you get paid according to your locality pay right?
                        You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• How was it in West Virginia?? Do they cut women any slack? I'm just nervous it's going to be harder than i expect.

Comment

• Hey, congrats! Hopefully we meet soon.. I should be there Dec 17th should my pf2 go well lol. How's Nogales, and where are you staying? did you rent a car? It's so costly that i'm not sure what to do and where to stay as of yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
                              I'm in Nogales now. If you have any questions PM me.
                              Hey, congrats! Hopefully we meet soon.. I should be there Dec 17th should my pf2 go well lol. How's Nogales, and where are you staying? did you rent a car? It's so costly that i'm not sure what to do and where to stay as of yet

Comment

• Originally posted by fmarte1088 View Post
                                same here man... took it in WV on friday and passed. process also took exactly one year for me. congrats again!!
                                How was it in West Virginia?? Do they cut women any slack? I'm just nervous it's going to be harder than i expect.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12759 users online. 480 members and 12279 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X