300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
    anyone know the dress code for preacademy?
    Business casual.
    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC_Stitch View Post
      Went looking for you, but no one i talked to ever heard of these forums. Gave up after about 10 people. I was the dope who couldn't form a PT formation! Man that was embarrassing, but its been...what..7-8 years since I led PT! and all those eyes....

oh well

Anyway, congrats for passing.
      Haha. There were so many people there, I didn't know which one you were. I did see two marines, so I guess you were one of them. I got there real early, around 7:15. I was the one that they called out during the stretches (I was doing one of the stretches wrong). The sprint was much easier than I had anticipated. Glad you did alright, congratulations.

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
        You all are making me nervous about the PFT2 now....
        I'm sure you will do fine. I just think that out of a large group (there were around 28 today), you will see at least 2-3 failures. I completely understand that it's difficult for the girls to do push-ups. Some fail for this reason alone. I just wish everyone would have passed. The ones that failed seemed to have given their all.

Comment

• Preacademy testing

So I heard that you are tested during preacademy just like you would be at FLETC. Any truth to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar6793 View Post
            Does anyone have any idea when CBP might start testing again for possible candidates? Do they do it yearly?

CBP used to be fairly consistent with late fall/late spring hiring announcements. However, lately a lot of what was once somewhat expected within CBP is now not all that predictable.

Keep checking here, Delphi and USAJobs. Between the three you should be covered when a new announcement opens up.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              CBP used to be fairly consistent with late fall/late spring hiring announcements. However, lately a lot of what was once somewhat expected within CBP is now not all that predictable.

Keep checking here, Delphi and USAJobs. Between the three you should be covered when a new announcement opens up.

I also heard it has a lot to do with the fiscal year budget. Oh well, I'll keep checking. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
                Only 1 failed. He failed in the run. The sprint sucks for me man. I did 34.7.
                Wait, this just blows my mind and I just don't know what I'm missing here. He failed to run 1.5mile in 17:15 minutes?
                You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by blk98gt View Post
                  Wait, this just blows my mind and I just don't know what I'm missing here. He failed to run 1.5mile in 17:15 minutes?
                  Yes, he didnt make the 1.5 mile in 17:15. Feel so bad for him.

Comment

• Finally done... We had one of the junior classes attend our graduation.
                    287 is up in 3 weeks!...
                    Best of Luck to all of you @ FLETC and heading over as well!
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      Finally done... We had one of the junior classes attend our graduation.
                      287 is up in 3 weeks!...
                      Best of Luck to all of you @ FLETC and heading over as well!
                      YODA! Congratulations. I was thinking of you for a moment yesterday as I ravaged the southern fried chicken at lunch. I was trying to remember your timeline and I was like, "I bet that fool is graduating today!!" Just hit my half way point this past week! Woo hoo!

Comment

• Pft2 passed

I took my PFT2 yesterday in El Paso. The weather was TERRIBLE!!!!! We tested in 37 degree temperature with WIND . It was horrible!!!!!! The proctors even made us take the sprint against the wind. This really sucked!!!!!!!! All I have to say is be prepared for weather, for they'll make you test against any weather condition. This is by far the worst weather I have seen this year, with the exception of Feb, when everything froze and pipes bursted aroung here. If you prepare, you should be fine, but get prepared for the cold, since Dec. is here. Two people didn't pass the PFT2. One male couldn't finish 2 more sit-ups and a female didn't make the run. We all felt pretty bad for them. Remember this is the last part of the hiring process, give it all you got!!!! Best of luck to all of those taking the PFT2 in the near future. To all the ladies out there, prepare for the push up, this seemed to be the hardest part for all of us. Out of of 7 girls who tested yesterday, six of us passed, including myself : )

Comment

• Does every CBpo who doesn't speak Spanish need to learn it after the academy? Or is it just some? My eod is Dec 27, Nogales, AZ. Anyone know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swb915 View Post
                            I took my PFT2 yesterday in El Paso. The weather was TERRIBLE!!!!! We tested in 37 degree temperature with WIND . It was horrible!!!!!! The proctors even made us take the sprint against the wind. This really sucked!!!!!!!! All I have to say is be prepared for weather, for they'll make you test against any weather condition. This is by far the worst weather I have seen this year, with the exception of Feb, when everything froze and pipes bursted aroung here. If you prepare, you should be fine, but get prepared for the cold, since Dec. is here. Two people didn't pass the PFT2. One male couldn't finish 2 more sit-ups and a female didn't make the run. We all felt pretty bad for them. Remember this is the last part of the hiring process, give it all you got!!!! Best of luck to all of those taking the PFT2 in the near future. To all the ladies out there, prepare for the push up, this seemed to be the hardest part for all of us. Out of of 7 girls who tested yesterday, six of us passed, including myself :
                            )

Congrats! I'm happy for you! I'm glad to know more females will be going through. In my preacademy class from 12 of us there is only 2 females this including myself. The two classes that came back from the academy in the past two wks only consisted of males
                            CBPO
                            Test- 12/9/10
                            NOR- 1/07/11
                            T.O.- 4/1/11
                            Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                            Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                            Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                            Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                            Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                            Pft2- ?
                            Eod- ?

Comment

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
                              Does every CBpo who doesn't speak Spanish need to learn it after the academy? Or is it just some? My eod is Dec 27, Nogales, AZ. Anyone know?

Basically every CBPO who is going to the southern border/Miami needs Spanish. If they already know it, there is an option to test out. Otherwise, it's an additional 30 training days added on after graduation from CBPOBT basic.

Northern border and seaport/airport people outside of the greater Miami area are not required to take additional Spanish training.
                              Last edited by merlin436; 12-03-2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                                Basically every CBPO who is going to the southern border/Miami needs Spanish. If they already know it, there is an option to test out. Otherwise, it's an additional 30 training days added on after graduation from CBPOBT basic.

Northern border and seaport/airport people outside of the greater Miami area are not required to take additional Spanish training.
                                How basic/complex is the Spanish? I mean is't it kinda hard to learn a language in 30 days? Does every body pass ? Just trying to make a decision that will make a big impact on me and my family. Thanks guys

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16567 users online. 449 members and 16118 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X