300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cbp673 View Post
    I dont know where you went. but it was the wrong place. check the map out.....

http://www.swccd.edu/Pdfs/SWC_MainCampus_map2010.pdf

Lot J is in the wrong place bro. Good luck.
    Holy cow, I was WAY off. I didn't even think to look at the campus map! /duh moment for me. Thanks for that. I got it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp673 View Post
      I dont know where you went. but it was the wrong place. check the map out.....

http://www.swccd.edu/Pdfs/SWC_MainCampus_map2010.pdf

Lot J is in the wrong place bro. Good luck.
      Somebody posted a week or so ago to park in Lot L or I? Should I park in one of these or in visitor's parking? According to the map, the track is right near the tennis courts.

Comment

• Hey guys I have a word of advice concerning the pft2. During my test session there were 3 people that failed. I advise you to get SERIOUS about this test because the instructors will not give you any slack at all. It was very hard witnessing the dreams of 3 people crushed because they couldn't find the energy for 1 more sit up or push up. Please look at the cbp guide on "proper form" sit-ups and push-ups. It can be found on their website. Push yourself everyday before your pft2 to do the required reps and make sure you can do a little more just in case they do not count certain ones. Just imagine the feeling of 1-3years worth of going through the process just to fail right before you cross the finish line. If anyone needs any tips to train for the required reps please feel free to pm me. Good luck all!

Comment

• Does anyone have any idea when CBP might start testing again for possible candidates? Do they do it yearly?
          Last edited by oscar6793; 12-02-2011, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pr0digy123 View Post
            Hey guys I have a word of advice concerning the pft2. During my test session there were 3 people that failed. I advise you to get SERIOUS about this test because the instructors will not give you any slack at all. It was very hard witnessing the dreams of 3 people crushed because they couldn't find the energy for 1 more sit up or push up. Please look at the cbp guide on "proper form" sit-ups and push-ups. It can be found on their website. Push yourself everyday before your pft2 to do the required reps and make sure you can do a little more just in case they do not count certain ones. Just imagine the feeling of 1-3years worth of going through the process just to fail right before you cross the finish line. If anyone needs any tips to train for the required reps please feel free to pm me. Good luck all!
            Took the test today in Chula Vista, at least four people didn't pass. It was terrible. I felt so bad for these people. They were all very close. One girl finished the run at 18 minutes. Heartbreaking stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdivola View Post
              Wow your times are pretty good, actually. I'm hoping to finish the run under 13 minutes, I still don't know my sprint time. I'm taking it tomorrow, so I'm about to go hit the track one last time. So the person that failed...did they stop running or was their time over 17 minutes?
              You won't fail for not continuously running...it's all about the time. There was a guy at my PFT2 that kept sprinting...then walking...sprinting...then walking. They didn't care that he walked...they just kept giving him his time as he lapped around....he did finish in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                You won't fail for not continuously running...it's all about the time. There was a guy at my PFT2 that kept sprinting...then walking...sprinting...then walking. They didn't care that he walked...they just kept giving him his time as he lapped around....he did finish in time.
                Yep. That was me. I should not have had the free breakfast at the hotel (heartburn sucks). I ran the first .75 then alternated run walk every 1/16 of a mile. Finished in 14:46.
                12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
                5/25 TO
                5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
                5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
                6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
                7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
                7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
                7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
                8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
                8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
                8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
                8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
                10/13~ BI CLEARED
                10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
                10/26 PFT2 PASSED
                11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
                12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• New to Forum

Hello All... Just wanted to formally introduce myself. I was trying to see if I could find any information about the VBT/SI online when I stumbled upon this thread and have been reading it countlessly, even during work. I'm somewhere around post #26834. Just thought I'd skip to the end and do an introduction and then go back to where I'm at and try to catch up. Here's some of my info in regards to the testing that I've done.

CBP: CBPO
                  GEO Pref: SWB
                  App Date: 8/2/11
                  Written Exam: 9/1/11 (took it down in Mira Mesa)
                  NOR (GS-5/7): 9/29/11 (Score: 85 - no vet pref)
                  TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                  E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                  SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                  Med: 11/8/11
                  PFT1: 11/8/11
                  BI: 11/15/11
                  VBT/SI: 12/7/11
                  DT:
                  PFT2:
                  EOD:

As of rite now everything on CASS shows pending except for my PFT1 which shows green and completed. Rite now just anxiously awaiting to take the VBT/SI which is scheduled for this upcoming Wednesday. Only problem is I have testing anxiety.
                  CBPO
                  GEO Pref: SWB
                  App Date: 8/2/11
                  Written Exam: 9/1/11
                  NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                  TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                  E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                  SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                  PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                  Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                  BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                  VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                  DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                  Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                  Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                  PFT2: 3/16/12
                  EOD: 4/9/12
                  FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

Comment

• Originally posted by jdivola View Post
                    Took the test today in Chula Vista, at least four people didn't pass. It was terrible. I felt so bad for these people. They were all very close. One girl finished the run at 18 minutes. Heartbreaking stuff.
                    Went looking for you, but no one i talked to ever heard of these forums. Gave up after about 10 people. I was the dope who couldn't form a PT formation! Man that was embarrassing, but its been...what..7-8 years since I led PT! and all those eyes....

oh well

Anyway, congrats for passing.

Comment

• ██EOD = Nogales, AZ - Dec 27██

Got "the call" today for Nogales, AZ for Dec 27. Academy is from mid March to July 30th. Anyone else in that area/time frame? If so PM me. Need a place to stay during preacademy! Don't know much about the area. Have the pft2 in Vermont (I run every other day). Is Spanish mandatory for all CBPO going to the border? Last time I took Spanish was in high school and barely passed. I think I'll do better this time around.

Comment

• Douglas, AZ?

Anyone else scheduled for EOD December 19th in Douglas, AZ? I'm wondering about pre-academy lodging...3 months at a hotel might be a bit expensive. Scheduled for PFT-2 in Chula Vista on December 9th.

Comment

• anyone know the dress code for preacademy?

Comment

• You all are making me nervous about the PFT2 now....

Comment

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
                              anyone know the dress code for preacademy?
                              Business casual: dockers-dress pants with polos-dress shirts with tie. Every port has different requirements for the first day!
                              Last edited by z132878; 12-02-2011, 09:23 PM.
                              12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
                              5/25 TO
                              5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
                              5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
                              6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
                              7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
                              7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
                              7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
                              8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
                              8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
                              8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
                              8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
                              10/13~ BI CLEARED
                              10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
                              10/26 PFT2 PASSED
                              11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
                              12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
                                anyone know the dress code for preacademy?
                                People say wear a suit the first day and business casual the rest of the time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16937 users online. 519 members and 16418 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X