300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nugg View Post
    yes, this is somewhat normal. There are a bunch of factors that come into play and if you read a few timelines, you will notice it is definitely different for everyone. but scoring a 100 i'd check your junk/spam email folder. Your Tentative selection letter/paper work forms are usually sent via email. The only actual results letter they send you that i got was when i passed the VBT/SI.
    Thank you! I checked the spam folder -- it only keeps last 30 days. Is there a way to check if they contacted me?

I did apply for the Southeast, although it is not a big deal for me and it seems like Southwest is the one that moves faster.
    I qualify for GS-7, but was going for GS-5 as well. I also speak fluent Russian. Not sure if that makes any difference at this point though.

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
      Only 1 failed. He failed in the run. The sprint sucks for me man. I did 34.7.
      Wow your times are pretty good, actually. I'm hoping to finish the run under 13 minutes, I still don't know my sprint time. I'm taking it tomorrow, so I'm about to go hit the track one last time. So the person that failed...did they stop running or was their time over 17 minutes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sowelu View Post
        Hey guys,

I took my written test in August and got NOR August 30st with a 100.
        I have never received the paper results in the mail and haven't heard anything back from them.

Any advice? Is this normal?

Thank you!
        Just hang out. Don't get in a hurry. I've been in the hat a lot longer than you and I'm still just waiting.
        Gek.

Comment

• Took my drug test yesturday for CBPO SWB...all steps have been completed. Now just waiting for the call (CASS says "Referred to Schedule EOD"). Also, Yesturday I was offered a job as a probation officer, adult supervision at a local superior court (pending backgoround check). The pay and potentials are very promising for both career choices. Are both about the same as far as career paths/$? Is one better then the other? just wondering

Comment

• Just received The Call

I received my Call today for San Ysidro, California with EOD in this month. I appreciated many people on this forum who sharing experience and giving advises.

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
              I just took the PFT 2 this morning. Did good. The 1 1/2 mile i did it in 11:30.

2 more guys were there with me. One of them pass the other one failed.

Does anyone knows what happend after the pft 2? they will contact me again or I just have to go and buy my plane ticket to my port????
              They should be sending you another email very soon. It will confirm your final offer, and give more details about where to go, who to contact at your port, and what time to report. It might say who to contact for a report time. It would probably be a good idea for you to contact someone at your port to find out where to report and where to park.

Comment

• Interview/ VBT procedure

Hi guys,

I have a friend going through the process right now and I got hired before the structured interview came back (I just took a VBT).

I understand now that the procedure is that you take the VBT and if you pass, you immediately take the Structure Interview.

My friend just got out of the interview and was told "you'll hear back about results". I'm wondering if that means he failed. Or do they not tell you if you passed the interview right away?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp673 View Post
                  Hi guys,

I have a friend going through the process right now and I got hired before the structured interview came back (I just took a VBT).

I understand now that the procedure is that you take the VBT and if you pass, you immediately take the Structure Interview.

My friend just got out of the interview and was told "you'll hear back about results". I'm wondering if that means he failed. Or do they not tell you if you passed the interview right away?

Thanks.
                  I know it's different for everyone, but when I did it, I was told that I would hear back with the results also. I passed and got hired about a month ago. That might make him feel a little better about it.

Comment

Hey guys,

I have never received the paper results in the mail and haven't heard anything back from them.

Thank you!
                    I think the process is moving slowly for south east border,I took my test in July ,scored 82 ,nor I received on august 30th,tentative selection on October 27
                    I would suggest to check your junk mail,that's were my e mail were directed to,regarding fluent Russian -think it will be a plus,im fluent in Russian too

Comment

Hey guys,

Thank you!
                      I think the process is moving slowly for south east border,I took my test in July ,scored 82 ,nor I received on august 30th,tentative selection on October 27
                      I would suggest to check your junk mail,that's were my e mail were directed to,regarding fluent Russian -think it will be a plus,im fluent in Russian too
                      Try to call MHC, or write an email,they will respond

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                        Well the wife came through and got all of the appointments scheduled for the various places I needed to go to address the medical issues, bless her heart. It was a huge effort and some luck was involved (appointment cancellations and calling at the right time!). They were all scheduled in time for me to meet the deadline MHC Med gave me...no extension request required. The final one got scheduled two days before I have to have everything postmarked. Life is good....or so I thought!

I went to the audiologist this morning and they confirmed that while I had a hearing loss in some of the upper frequency ranges, it was very slight. Uhhh, yep! Had it since I left the military 13 years ago. I had the same loss when I went through 4 physicals for BP and now 2 for CBP. That just confirms what I suspected, the last clinic CHS scheduled me with not only screwed up my vision screening, but the audiogram too (the only two things they had to do!).

Thinking I was on a roll, when I got home from work tonight I checked my schedule for the remaining appointments with the two different orthopedists. CRAP! I had one of the appointments yesterday and missed it! YIKES! It was too late to call today to try to reschedule it. I have so many dates I have to remember for appointments/scheduling during this month and next (training, court, special assignments), it fell through the cracks.

Everybody keep your fingers crossed for me that I can get another. Neither exam is for anything I'm worried about, especially with the doctor I missed my appointment with. That appointment was in regards to having broken my right foot 5 years ago. It was done in the line of duty while making an arrest. Since it was a workman's comp case, who did they send me to for treatment and final release back to full duty? The same doctor! He'd look mighty foolish to now say there was problem with it. I just have to get in to see him!!

Congrats to everyone that's received the call lately. Hopefully many more will soon follow!
                        I hope everything works out for you as I am in a similar boat. I got a hearing review letter and Im pretty sure the nurse at JKF screwed it up during the medical. I hear fine, never had a hearing problem, in fact I probably hear too much. I received the letter over a week late and now Im scrambling to set up an appointment with my doc. Good luck bro

Comment

Hey guys,

Thank you!

If you selected any of the SWB areas for a geo. preference, I would contact MHC. If you selected the Southeast region (Georgia), it may be normal.

Remember that the Summer announcement for Georgia listed "Few vacancies". When I applied in Nov. 2010, every state in the Northeast region similarly listed "Few vacancies" and here I sit, a year later with a written test score of 100 and still no tentative offer.

Unfortunately a ton of tentative offers were sent out for Georgia (SE region) and I can't imagine that the new terminal they are building requires more than 30 new officers, 50 maybe?

Good luck but be prepared to wait.

Comment

• Ok, I did some snoop and scoop on the Chula Vista PFT2 site today. Not impressed. I asked several students and found "the track". From what I gleamed from my interrogations, the "track" was a foot ball field. :-/ No running track at all.

Surely that couldn't be right. But I was in Lot J like someone mentioned a few pages back. I saw 2 baseballs, 2-3 footballs and several tennis courts. Did I go to the wrong place?

If that's it...then that sucks. I asked 5 people and either they're not active or that really was the track, for they all sent me there!

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC_Stitch View Post
                              Ok, I did some snoop and scoop on the Chula Vista PFT2 site today. Not impressed. I asked several students and found "the track". From what I gleamed from my interrogations, the "track" was a foot ball field. :-/ No running track at all.

Surely that couldn't be right. But I was in Lot J like someone mentioned a few pages back. I saw 2 baseballs, 2-3 footballs and several tennis courts. Did I go to the wrong place?

If that's it...then that sucks. I asked 5 people and either they're not active or that really was the track, for they all sent me there!
                              I dont know where you went. but it was the wrong place. check the map out.....

http://www.swccd.edu/Pdfs/SWC_MainCampus_map2010.pdf

Lot J is in the wrong place bro. Good luck.
                              Last edited by cbp673; 12-02-2011, 12:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pr0digy123 View Post
                                Hey! I EOD on the 19th as well over in Calexico! I just passed the pft2 today . Send me a pm so we can talk! Glad to know someone here is going to Calexico!
                                I tried sending you a pm not sure if it worked but you are the first person ive talked to who is going to calexico... arw you relocating as well...i changed my date to dec 27 becauae i am having teouble finding place out there for jist two month before fletc

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4043 users online. 214 members and 3829 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X