Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-academy = business casual, but many (as will I) rock a suit on a day 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC_Stitch View Post
      another question.

What am I going to be wearing while at pre-academy? Will it be provided for me, or will I have to buy it? Should I invest in a pair of Bates for myself, or, again, will they provide?

I'm flying across country and am curious about what to pack for the job. I can order my boots (partial to Bates from my military days) online for cheaper.

As far as the uniform, will I be allowed to blouse my trousers, vice tucking them into my boots (nasty army/airforce style) or letting them hang down over the boot? I REALLY would like to blouse them with the metal springs; it gives a nice professional look.
      You are only allowed to blouse your uniform trousers when wearing the class 4 BDU uniform, when wearing the class 4 BDU uniform it is required that the trousers be bloused. However, you are not allowed to wear the class 4 BDU uniform in all environments and you will not have to worry about it until you return from the academy.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
        Pre-academy = business casual, but many (as will I) rock a suit on a day 1.
        Thanks. Looks like I need to dust off the sport coat i hate that thing. And to be clear
        business casual = polo and Dockers
        or
        collared button up long sleeve and dress slacks? Tie?

Originally posted by Firebug View Post
        You are only allowed to blouse your uniform trousers when wearing the class 4 BDU uniform, when wearing the class 4 BDU uniform it is required that the trousers be bloused. However, you are not allowed to wear the class 4 BDU uniform in all environments and you will not have to worry about it until you return from the academy.

FB
        I'm sure C4 BDU will make more sense later on. But thanks for the info. I was hoping for wearer's whim but that's good info.

Thanks for the answers. I haven't gotten much (read: any) intel, and I don't like going into situations without recon. Force of habit I guess. But then again, I could probably be more patient and wait on MHC to give me the scoop.

Comment

• Finger Crossers

For those that read my post and crossed your fingers for me, THANKS! I got a replacement appointment scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. The final one is scheduled for next Monday. That gives me two days to have everything in the mail to MHC. My final hope is that everything goes smoothly after that and the med folks clear me (again), hopefully, before the end of the year. 2012 certainly would be a great year with an EOD date!!

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
            Pre-academy = business casual, but many (as will I) rock a suit on a day 1.
            I would do what the PD tells you to do. Each port is different as to what to wear the first day. We had 10 people EOD the same day and we all were dressed business casual. I would have felt like a fool if I was the only one wearing a suit.

To USMC- Business casual includes dockers or slacks + polo or long sleeves with or without tie. I would definitely wear a tie the first day.

About the burger war: Wendy's recently changed their burgers and the VP stated that 5 guys rapid market share increase was one of the biggest reasons for the change. In-n-out animal style fries win hands down.

Sorry I couldn't quote more than 1 person. I wrote this on my phone.
            Last edited by z132878; 11-30-2011, 11:43 PM.
            12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
            5/25 TO
            5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
            5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
            6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
            7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
            7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
            7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
            8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
            8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
            8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
            8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
            10/13~ BI CLEARED
            10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
            10/26 PFT2 PASSED
            11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
            12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• Dang it thought I was going to clear my medical today but after review they want to wait until I am done with physical therapy on my hand and get the discharge report even though I have shot on the range as well as I have before hand including qualifying as expert on 3 different law enforcement ranges. Sucks I have to wait 2 more weeks before the process moves along. Only have my drug test left and my PFT1 for customs. I am going to call them tomorrow and see if they can schedule me for my drug test while they wait this 2 weeks.

Comment

• FLETC Funk

Originally posted by USMC_Stitch View Post
                No, it's pretty much constant funk. We have several plants in the area. A chemical-and-i'm-not-sure-what-else plant that is quite prolific in its "Oh, no it's safe" smell. I tell you, anything that smells like that isn't "Safe". There's also a pulp mill, that makes paper and whatnot. That one brings its own tasty goodness. Then there's one on the water that I don't know what it does except pollute our beautiful marshes. Oh, that one is "safe" also. Did I mention the higher than adverage asthma/bronchiolitis/cancer rate here?

In truth, you'll get used to it pretty quickly. When I go out of town for some time and come back, I tend to notice it. But that goes away within a day.
                I do believe that wonderful oder is from the paper mill. I know it burned down a couple years ago. I assume it's back up and running now. Yes the smell is memorable. LOL!! Good times!
                Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dubgirl2low View Post
                  hello all, i got the call to eod dec 19th for Calexico , California . I am starting to worry because nobody so, far i have met is going there or even to andrade. SHould i be worried can anyone tell me anything about Calexico port. I was hoping to get in touch with some who were relocating beucase i am not having any luck with contacting for help to relocate. I know and heard over and over that you are not going to be helped financially with relocating .\ but i just want some information about the area and options. i called a few hotels out near calexico trying to find deals on extended stays and they mentioned they had customs officers already staying there who had goverment issued cards that are paying for their stay. I am so confused i am pleading does anyone know anything about this or have any ideas for contacts. I have made many calls and no answers just messages. I even called the port and no answer.. thanks for any help
                  Hey! I EOD on the 19th as well over in Calexico! I just passed the pft2 today . Send me a pm so we can talk! Glad to know someone here is going to Calexico!

Comment

• For everyone taking the PFT2 tomorrow in Chula Vista, have you heard anything about tomorrow regarding all the wind and recent power outages? Most likely nothing has been affected, but I just wanted to make sure?

Comment

• July '11 tester

Just an update for the July testers. After taking the poly a month ago I just got the drug screening scheduled. Hopefully this means I'm close. Wish everyone luck! Sit tight expect the worse and pray for the best!

Comment

• PFT 2 Done

I just took the PFT 2 this morning. Did good. The 1 1/2 mile i did it in 11:30.

2 more guys were there with me. One of them pass the other one failed.

Does anyone knows what happend after the pft 2? they will contact me again or I just have to go and buy my plane ticket to my port????

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
                          I just took the PFT 2 this morning. Did good. The 1 1/2 mile i did it in 11:30.

2 more guys were there with me. One of them pass the other one failed.

Does anyone knows what happend after the pft 2? they will contact me again or I just have to go and buy my plane ticket to my port????
                          Which part did they fail? How did you do in the sprint?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdivola View Post
                            Which part did they fail? How did you do in the sprint?
                            Only 1 failed. He failed in the run. The sprint sucks for me man. I did 34.7.

Comment

• Written in AUG '11 w/ a 100, haven't heard anything

Hey guys,

I took my written test in August and got NOR August 30st with a 100.
                              I have never received the paper results in the mail and haven't heard anything back from them.

Any advice? Is this normal?

Thank you!
                              Last edited by Sowelu; 12-01-2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sowelu View Post
                                Hey guys,

I took my written test in August and got NOR August 30st with a 100.
                                I have never received the paper results in the mail and haven't heard anything back from them.

Any advice? Is this normal?

Thank you!
                                yes, this is somewhat normal. There are a bunch of factors that come into play and if you read a few timelines, you will notice it is definitely different for everyone. but scoring a 100 i'd check your junk/spam email folder. Your Tentative selection letter/paper work forms are usually sent via email. The only actual results letter they send you that i got was when i passed the VBT/SI.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12154 users online. 477 members and 11677 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X