300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
    What axactly is preacademy? tried looking into it but still have barely any clue.
    Filling out forms, shadowing, and doing virtual learning courses... That sums it up for you! What in the world all of you guys, being picked up with almost 3 months of pre-academy, will be doing is up in the air. Seems way too long for something you can do in 2 weeks if that. But hey... it's a paycheck for doing nothing, so embrace it...
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      1-you get paid your full salary.
      2- every 2 weeks
      3-yes
      4- only at the Taj, no fridge on the crackhouses...
      On the contrary Yoda we have fridges on this side! Lol. Close to chow hall but share a toilet and shower.
      CBP: CBPO
      EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
        Filling out forms, shadowing, and doing virtual learning courses... That sums it up for you! What in the world all of you guys, being picked up with almost 3 months of pre-academy, will be doing is up in the air. Seems way too long for something you can do in 2 weeks if that. But hey... it's a paycheck for doing nothing, so embrace it...
        Hey can't beat that!

Comment

• Questions...about CASS (2nd post)

So my CASS changed to "Referred to Schedule EOD..... You have been referred to the scheduling unit" on 11/22/2011. I know that many have received phone calls near these "CASS change" dates. Now here is the thing (didnt mention in last post)...I have not received my drug test (yet?) but I am guessing my BI went through fine. And yes I did everything else. So, question is could I still get "the call"?

Comment

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
            So my CASS changed to "Referred to Schedule EOD..... You have been referred to the scheduling unit" on 11/22/2011. I know that many have received phone calls near these "CASS change" dates. Now here is the thing (didnt mention in last post)...I have not received my drug test (yet?) but I am guessing my BI went through fine. And yes I did everything else. So, question is could I still get "the call"?
            You probably should have gotten a test before you hit TSU, however they don't necessarily have to do it that way, you could get it at any time really. You weren't in any other hiring processes were you? It might have transferred over if you had one open for USBP

Comment

• Does anyone know if cbp allows its cbpo’s to be reserve police officers in a nearby local department? I’m very close to finishing up Basic Peace Officer Training module 2 and since I have three years before the cert expires I figure I’ll have some time to get settled in and adjusted before I apply as a reserve. I think it wouldn’t be a conflict of interest because a level two officer only has peace officer status while on duty but I know some agencies have issues with the duel badge thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedkid View Post
                Does anyone know if cbp allows its cbpo’s to be reserve police officers in a nearby local department? I’m very close to finishing up Basic Peace Officer Training module 2 and since I have three years before the cert expires I figure I’ll have some time to get settled in and adjusted before I apply as a reserve. I think it wouldn’t be a conflict of interest because a level two officer only has peace officer status while on duty but I know some agencies have issues with the duel badge thing.
                CBP will require you to get pre-approval before taking on any outside employment. Outside of a few atypical circumstances, I really doubt that CBP would approve that type of request. Generally, anything outside employment requests involving law enforcement/security related duties will be shot down.

"Conflicting interests" and such.

Then there's the fact that 2X overtime on this job usually pays far more than any second job would. Many ports will be of the idea that if you want to work extra, put in those hours on OT as a CBPO.

Plus, scheduling on this job is usually such that it would likely be a real PITA to juggle a 'real' second job. Especially for a new guy.

Comment

• Harpers Ferry

Do anyone know's what happens when it gets too cold to run outdoors at Harpers Ferry?
                  Also, what is the lowest cut off temperature and do they let you use your iPod?

Comment

• Originally posted by MEIAM View Post
                    Do anyone know's what happens when it gets too cold to run outdoors at Harpers Ferry?
                    Also, what is the lowest cut off temperature and do they let you use your iPod?
                    You will run outdoors freezing or not. They have a lovely rubber track around a pond. I ran it when it was 25 degrees and it was actually helpful. It was helpful bc it motivates you to get it done as quickly as possible.

You can ask them about the ipod but I doubt they will allow it. A similar question was asked and basically you carrying extra stuff that can be dropped causes a problem for the other runners (because everybody runs at the same time).

Comment

• Originally posted by OchoTres View Post
                      You will run outdoors freezing or not. They have a lovely rubber track around a pond. I ran it when it was 25 degrees and it was actually helpful. It was helpful bc it motivates you to get it done as quickly as possible.

You can ask them about the ipod but I doubt they will allow it. A similar question was asked and basically you carrying extra stuff that can be dropped causes a problem for the other runners (because everybody runs at the same time).

Thanks for the info. The rubber track should help, being that i rather run in the street rather than the sidewalk. Concrete is a little harsh. My time is 16:30 on a bad lazy day, but the weather in the north east has been up & down. So i haven't really got to practice in 30 degree weather (not that i want too).

Comment

• Originally posted by fedkid View Post
                        Does anyone know if cbp allows its cbpo’s to be reserve police officers in a nearby local department? I’m very close to finishing up Basic Peace Officer Training module 2 and since I have three years before the cert expires I figure I’ll have some time to get settled in and adjusted before I apply as a reserve. I think it wouldn’t be a conflict of interest because a level two officer only has peace officer status while on duty but I know some agencies have issues with the duel badge thing.
                        If your duty station is in the San Diego FO, that's a no for all the reasons merlin just mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by OchoTres View Post

Regarding the PFT2, does everyone run the 220 yard run at that same time? I was wondering how long the fitness test will take.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdivola View Post
                            Regarding the PFT2, does everyone run the 220 yard run at that same time? I was wondering how long the fitness test will take.
                            You do everything in sets of 2 or 3. depends on how many people are taking the test.

Comment

• So it was in fact THE call! EOD Chicago O'hare 19DEC11 and FLETC March-July. 3 months shadowing I guess
                              You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

• There's so many of us with the Dec 19th EOD date and the march-july academy

I got my pft2 email early this morning, and like I suspected, I'm part of the Chula Vista Friday Dec 9th testing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12493 users online. 420 members and 12073 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X