300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TwoTwelve View Post
    I also received the call today for SWB. Like most recently I have an EOD of 12/19 and Academy start date of 03/15/12. For those wondering I still have "Qualifications" pending in CASS. I'm calling early Monday with my location decision.
    what were you offered?

Comment

• Originally posted by RJF2 View Post
      Got the call for LAX yesterday. I missed it actually but voicemail mentioned start date would be December 19th. I called back and left a voicemail yesterday and emailed back also. Have not received a response. Should I be concerned at all? I figure I might not receive a response until Monday because of the holiday but don't want to get passed by either. Anyway been about 3 years exactly from test date to call. Any input would be appreciated.
      Originally posted by davidB. View Post
      I got called for lax yesterday too, I posted yesterday about that fun phone call

you might get called tomorrow, I was told I would get emailed about the pft2 tomorrow with today being a holiday

what confuses me is the nearly 3 months of pre-academy

eod dec 19
      academy starts march 15
      Awesome! Its good to have more people in your class, I was going into it by myself, but they moved the other guys date later to be with me.
      His EOD was 2 weeks before mine and I started this week. We both leave Dec. 29th. So my pre academy is about 1 1/2 months. So well see you guys in pre before we leave! Good Luck on the PFT2
      Last edited by dannyw; 11-25-2011, 09:12 PM.
      Tested: 8/2008
      TO: 12/2008
      GEO: LAX/LB
      1st TSU: 3/5/09
      2nd Medical: 6/1/11
      Cleared 6/22/11
      2nd BI: met 7/14/11
      Cleared 9/29/11
      2nd TSU:
      Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
      EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
      Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
      Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• Originally posted by penguinorange View Post
        what were you offered?
        They offered me Presidio, TX, Columbus, NM, and Lukeville, AZ.
        You, you, and you....panic. The rest of you come with me.

Comment

They offered me Presidio, TX, Columbus, NM, and Lukeville, AZ.
          Didn't even know Columbus existed..., I don't know about you, but I almost wonder if anybody has ever wanted to go to Lukeville, or if the last guy on the call list gets stuck with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by penguinorange View Post
            Didn't even know Columbus existed..., I don't know about you, but I almost wonder if anybody has ever wanted to go to Lukeville, or if the last guy on the call list gets stuck with it.
            I had never heard of Columbus or Lukeville. It's nice to have options though.
            You, you, and you....panic. The rest of you come with me.

Comment

• anyone catch the preview for To Catch A Smuggler on NatGeo?

it appears to be a CBP show inside JFK airport, it premiers sunday night at 9pm est

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
                anyone catch the preview for To Catch A Smuggler on NatGeo?

it appears to be a CBP show inside JFK airport, it premiers sunday night at 9pm est
                Looks interesting...

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                  How long to get results back from VBT?
                  Originally posted by TwoTwelve View Post

Damn seems like they rushed your process. It's great they gave you a few months notice before academy. I researched lukeville and Columbus. Lukeville is a small community with like 20 people in the middle or nowhere and Columbus is a small town with about 10,000 people and 2 hrs from el paso.

I took my VbT 11/18/11 hopefully I pass and then all I have left is my drug test and background. Anyone think they know when I might get the call my geo is SW US. Hopefully my only options aren't Lukeville and Columbus. Lol

Comment

• Job Security?

I realize no one has a full picture of the future, but can anyone out there give a decent basis for the short term job security of the CBPO or even BPA positions?

Are the budgets quite secure? Would it be a real political hot potato to cut or layoff? I currently have a good job, and am a bit nervous regarding job security.

Any info? Informed opinions? Tarrot Card Readers? Thanks.

Comment

Did you talk with or meet with a background investigator before you received "the call"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wentwest View Post
                        I realize no one has a full picture of the future, but can anyone out there give a decent basis for the short term job security of the CBPO or even BPA positions?

Are the budgets quite secure? Would it be a real political hot potato to cut or layoff? I currently have a good job, and am a bit nervous regarding job security.

Border security will probably be a hot issue during elections etc, considering how things are just south of the border, I doubt it would be the first place anybody cuts.
                        Last edited by penguinorange; 11-27-2011, 04:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by Wentwest View Post

CBP, as in Customs/OFO, actually generates more money(fees, duties, etc.) for the G than what we consume.

I find it hard to foresee a situation where they'd cut our (CBPO) staffing. If they did do a reduction of force within, I can't really see anything beyond a RIF involving not filling for attrition. Maybe they'd ding some of the support staff...or some CBPAS's. I doubt they'd touch a single CBPO though.

Likewise for OBP, while they don't generate the revenue for the G that OFO does, I'd find it hard to picture a future where OBP staffing is reduced beyond not filling for attrition. Maybe their support people would be pinched, but not any BPAs.

If I were you, I wouldn't be sweating over job security for CBPOs/BPAs..

Comment

• When did you guys get the email for the pft after the call? Got the call friday its now sunday and I'm.getting antsy lol.

Comment

• I got my call Monday, pft2 email on Wednesday. I'm sure you'll get it tomorrow. I was told it takes 1-1.5 weeks sometimes, and not to worry until then.

Comment

• Originally posted by SVU View Post
                                When did you guys get the email for the pft after the call? Got the call friday its now sunday and I'm.getting antsy lol.
                                I think it was about 5 days. Keep checking that junk email too
                                CBPO
                                TO - 05/08 JFK
                                EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11881 users online. 443 members and 11438 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X