300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post
    I got called for lax yesterday too, I posted yesterday about that fun phone call

you might get called tomorrow, I was told I would get emailed about the pft2 tomorrow with today being a holiday

what confuses me is the nearly 3 months of pre-academy

eod dec 19
    academy starts march 15
    Wow! Three months of pre-academy is a long time! Mine was only three weeks. Not sure why they just started this.
    TO: 4/09/09
    Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
    TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
      You get Friday and Monday off. The 23rd and the 26th off. Good luck! One thing you should be concern about is getting back on time for training. They don't care if your flight delay or snow in at the airport. If you miss 24 hours of training (three days), you're packing home for good.

Important to note that Friday is off but is considered a non-training day, this means there is no classes but you can't leave the campus unless you have prior approval and have submitted/approved leave request form if leaving before 1630. Just like tomorrow for us, for those of my class that went home, they had to use a day of leave for Friday (non-training day). Really sucks to have to use leave in my opinion, but you can go if want to. This doesn't apply to the federal holidays, only non-training days. For example my Xmas flight goes out Friday night and comes back Monday night (federal holiday), so I don't have to use leave. If you want to leave that Thursday anytime after 1630, you definitely can you will just have to plan on using a leave day. Your session supe will help settle all this with you.

Comment

I got called for lax yesterday too, I posted yesterday about that fun phone call

you might get called tomorrow, I was told I would get emailed about the pft2 tomorrow with today being a holiday

eod dec 19
        academy starts march 15
        Congratulations! I got Douglas, AZ, but my academy starts 3/15 too

Comment

• March 15 Fletc

Originally posted by penguinorange View Post
          Congratulations! I got Douglas, AZ, but my academy starts 3/15 too
          I believe all of us who are going to fletc on march 15 will be classmates ! Soo want to say congrats to eveveryone and cant wait to meet everyone
          Test - 12/2010
          NOR- 2/2011-score 97
          TO- 6/2011
          Medical- 7/2011-Complete
          Physical- 7/2011-Complete
          Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
          VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
          Drug Test ?

Comment

...what confuses me is the nearly 3 months of pre-academy
            Originally posted by Khue View Post
            Wow! Three months of pre-academy is a long time! Mine was only three weeks. Not sure why they just started this.
            I can help with that...at least in part.

The FY11 CBPO hiring goal was not met by 09/30. That dropped the on-board staffing target level several hundred people below where CBP currently wants it. Consequently, CBP's revised plan is to hire a boatload of new CBPOs and EOD them before the end of the calendar year.

The 3-4 months of pre-academy comes about because while it's a priority to EOD people before 01/01/2012, it's not a priority to train them.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              If you're having trouble scheduling your apps, simply call the medical unit and they'll extend your deadline... I can tell you that applicants aren't dropped that easily after missing a deadline or even an appointment on the steps. I never showed up for any of the steps for BPA and they kept scheduling me and calling me for following steps, even when I told them that I was already in FLETC for CBPO... Had to tell them to drop me 3 different times before the emails and calls stopped.
              Thanks for the confidence boost Yoda. When I referred to being dropped from the hiring process I was quoting the letter that came in the package. It specified that if they didn't receive the requested documents by 12/7 I would be dropped with no further notice being given. With the both of us having been in the hiring process a long time (you prior to finally getting the call), we've both seen a LOT of changes in the process through the years. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the current process! I am holding out some hope though and giving them a call. I'm fully aware that if you don't try, you won't get anywhere!!

p.s. The last time I was hired by BP I applied and other than receiving mail with something new to do over a three year period I didn't hear diddly from them. The day I was flying out of state to attend a week long training course (in NM ironically enough!), they called and offered me a position. I had one day to call them back and then had to submit my two week notice at week the day I returned from class!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 202020
                Hey thanks for replying. I was on that site earlier so most federal agencies have the same GS payscales ?

GS7 Step 1 is 38,790 so every month you get promoted to the next step until you become GS11 Step 10?
                No. You get a promotion every year. The steps don't matter until GS-12. Merlin or Firebug can correct me if I'm wrong.
                Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by 202020
                  Hey thanks for replying. I was on that site earlier so most federal agencies have the same GS payscales ?

GS7 Step 1 is 38,790 so every month you get promoted to the next step until you become GS11 Step 10?

I don't know why or how there are so many different responses on this topic. From what I understand and what is going to happen with me is....you start at GS-5 or GS-7. On your anniversary date of 1 year, you go to GS-7 or GS-9 (no steps in between that). On your 2 year anniversary, you go to GS-9 or GS-11 (no steps in between). On your 3 year anniversary, you go to GS-11 or GS-12 (no steps in between). If you started out at GS-5, you would get GS-12 on your 4 year. Once you hit GS-12 is when you start the step process. Hope this helps.

Comment

eod dec 19
                    academy starts march 15
                    got the call today as well with the same dates!

Im also confused with pre-academy

Comment

• Anyone? DEL RIO TEXAS

Hello I recently accepted as my EOD location for Del Rio TX .

Anyone else got del rio texas.?
                      ??

Comment

• CBPO Hopeful here - CASS Status update question

Hey all...congrats to those going for training in the near future. I have been going thru the cbp process for a few months now and just this week my CASS changed to "Referred to Schedule EOD. 11/22/2011. You have been referred to the scheduling unit. "

I have read different posts about waiting for your EOD date (like 30-60 days) but I know some have been waiting much longer. Anyhow...

What does this mean for me? More spicificaly..."Refered to Schedule EOD." (no phone calls yet as of 11-25-2011, 1741 hrs

Any advice or input would be appreciated.
                        Last edited by lckyl16; 11-25-2011, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
                          Advice? Go to the dentist and optometrist ASAP. Get your car tuned and make sure your tires are good tomorrow.

CASS doesn't always show updates in a timely manner. Lots of guys on this forum report getting calls with items pending in CASS.
                          Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            I can help with that...at least in part.

The FY11 CBPO hiring goal was not met by 09/30. That dropped the on-board staffing target level several hundred people below where CBP currently wants it. Consequently, CBP's revised plan is to hire a boatload of new CBPOs and EOD them before the end of the calendar year.

The 3-4 months of pre-academy comes about because while it's a priority to EOD people before 01/01/2012, it's not a priority to train them.
                            Makes sense...hence my start date at FLETC....12/30. Start on a Friday and then a 3 day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
                              Hey all...congrats to those going for training in the near future. I have been going thru the cbp process for a few months now and just this week my CASS changed to "Referred to Schedule EOD. 11/22/2011. You have been referred to the scheduling unit. "

I have read different posts about waiting for your EOD date (like 30-60 days) but I know some have been waiting much longer. Anyhow...

What does this mean for me? More spicificaly..."Refered to Schedule EOD." (no phone calls yet as of 11-25-2011, 1741 hrs

As already said, it can be a while..., or a few days. I got the call on Monday, CASS updated saying I was referred to scheduling today, the date said 11/22/11, so I hit TSU and got the call same day. That probably has to do with a few factors, probably geo pref, starting grade, etc, but I'd expect a call sooner rather than later at the rate customs has been going (at least compared to Border Patrol)

Comment

• The Call

I also received the call today for SWB. Like most recently I have an EOD of 12/19 and Academy start date of 03/15/12. For those wondering I still have "Qualifications" pending in CASS. I'm calling early Monday with my location decision.
                                You, you, and you....panic. The rest of you come with me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14985 users online. 515 members and 14470 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X