Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by xtrider View Post
    My pft2 will be December 1 in Puerto Rico, wish me luck. Can't wait to get this done.

    RSX , good youre from florida. Can you help me find a car to buy over there? a good car?

    I like honda, acura.

    Anyway, sucks that you guys are going before and after me to the academy. If you guys wanna contact me send me a pm and I will give you my cell and my details. See you guys soon.
    Good luck on your test, mine is the following day. I've been so sick the past few days, I would have passed out if I tried to run. I'm planning on running a lot monday-thursday to be in top shape. I'm flying into Miami on December 15th. How about you? I also need to buy a car since I got rid of mine before I moved out to the west coast. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

    I'll def give you my cell number via PM.

    Comment


    • JD and Xtrider

      Originally posted by xtrider View Post
      My pft2 will be December 1 in Puerto Rico, wish me luck. Can't wait to get this done.

      RSX , good youre from florida. Can you help me find a car to buy over there? a good car?

      I like honda, acura.

      Anyway, sucks that you guys are going before and after me to the academy. If you guys wanna contact me send me a pm and I will give you my cell and my details. See you guys soon.
      Hey i use this website throught my phone so im not sure if i can access pms but id gladly help u guys out with whatever u may need and btw my pft2 is dec 8 in miami
      Test - 12/2010
      NOR- 2/2011-score 97
      TO- 6/2011
      Medical- 7/2011-Complete
      Physical- 7/2011-Complete
      Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
      VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
      Drug Test ?

      Comment


      • If you get appoint to PFT2 you're pretty much hired right? assuming you pass it

        Comment


        • Med Problems...Still!

          After going through all the troubles in completing my Med update that I posted about earlier, it continues! *sigh* I got a letter from MHC telling me that I had failed the hearing and would need to have the test repeated. They also needed further evaluations done on my foot, which I had broken five years ago while making an arrest AND a further evaluation on a back problem I had. The killer is that ALL of these issues were on my last med...without any problems. The "failed" hearing test was also conducted by the same provider they scheduled me with that had also messed up my vision test! Obviously all of these further evaluations are having to be done on my dime. My problem is getting them scheduled in order to meet the deadline they gave has become very difficult with the holidays! Right now I have a scheduling difficulty with an ortho that does backs/necks. The hearing and foot are taken care of, with little time left. I have to have everything postmarked by 12/7.

          The irony of the neck/back evals came when I read the instructions to the doctor. Keep in mind that both issues were listed on all of my previous medical exams and weren't a problem then. The instructions to the doctor stated I was applying for a law enforcement position and had to be able to grip and fire a weapon. It also stated I had to be able to stand, run, climb, etc. OMG, did anyone read my application?! I've been an active LEO for the past 13 years! In 2005 I went back to the BP academy, resigning several weeks after mid term due to family issues back home. I' went back to my old PD upon returning home and have been a patrol officer since! WTF do they think I do on a daily basis?! I don't work for some small town Barney Fife, one officer town either. I work for the third largest department in the state in a city previously rated as having the 22nd highest crime rate for a city our size (also third largest in the state). We lose officers due the amount of work we do (they don't want to work that hard!), not how little we do. I know there's no issue with me passing the additional evals, it's just frustrating after waiting over three years now (I'm a 2008 tester). Especially for things that have been already passed.

          Dunno if I can make the deadline for the med stuff or not. If not, I'm done. They stated my app will be tossed and I will get no further notice. In other words, game over! I'm gonna try to get an extension on the deadline, but I'm not holding my breath on having it granted. With my luck they've filled the slot at the port I had in for and now I'm SOL due to the lengthy delay in getting the med update completed. Keeping my fingers crossed! Rant over!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
            After going through all the troubles in completing my Med update that I posted about earlier, it continues! *sigh* I got a letter from MHC telling me that I had failed the hearing and would need to have the test repeated. They also needed further evaluations done on my foot, which I had broken five years ago while making an arrest AND a further evaluation on a back problem I had. The killer is that ALL of these issues were on my last med...without any problems. The "failed" hearing test was also conducted by the same provider they scheduled me with that had also messed up my vision test! Obviously all of these further evaluations are having to be done on my dime. My problem is getting them scheduled in order to meet the deadline they gave has become very difficult with the holidays! Right now I have a scheduling difficulty with an ortho that does backs/necks. The hearing and foot are taken care of, with little time left. I have to have everything postmarked by 12/7.
            If you're having trouble scheduling your apps, simply call the medical unit and they'll extend your deadline... I can tell you that applicants aren't dropped that easily after missing a deadline or even an appointment on the steps. I never showed up for any of the steps for BPA and they kept scheduling me and calling me for following steps, even when I told them that I was already in FLETC for CBPO... Had to tell them to drop me 3 different times before the emails and calls stopped.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

            Comment


            • Got the call

              Got the call for LAX yesterday. I missed it actually but voicemail mentioned start date would be December 19th. I called back and left a voicemail yesterday and emailed back also. Have not received a response. Should I be concerned at all? I figure I might not receive a response until Monday because of the holiday but don't want to get passed by either. Anyway been about 3 years exactly from test date to call. Any input would be appreciated.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RJF2 View Post
                Got the call for LAX yesterday. I missed it actually but voicemail mentioned start date would be December 19th. I called back and left a voicemail yesterday and emailed back also. Have not received a response. Should I be concerned at all? I figure I might not receive a response until Monday because of the holiday but don't want to get passed by either. Anyway been about 3 years exactly from test date to call. Any input would be appreciated.
                I got called for lax yesterday too, I posted yesterday about that fun phone call

                you might get called tomorrow, I was told I would get emailed about the pft2 tomorrow with today being a holiday

                what confuses me is the nearly 3 months of pre-academy

                eod dec 19
                academy starts march 15

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bowhunter103 View Post
                  Yea, I understand. I should have thought that question through before I posted it. Sorry

                  No worries at all, happy thanksgiving to everyone!

                  Comment


                  • What's going to happen after the BI is cleared?

                    My BI has just been cleared and this also concluded all my processing step. Am I going to be placed in TSU inventory and hopefully getting the call soon? Happy holidays folks.

                    Comment


                    • Anyone Else Recieve NORs for Atlanta?

                      This would be reference application:
                      MHC-534327-I/CTAP
                      Wednesday, September 14, 2011 to Tuesday, September 20, 2011
                      GS-1895-09

                      11/16/2010 Original Application
                      12/8/2010 Written Test
                      1/25/2010 NOR (Pass)
                      03/10/2011 Medical (Pass)
                      7/13/2011 New Application
                      7/19/2011 Customized Processing
                      8/29/2011 NOR (Pass- carried over from original)

                      Comment


                      • For those currently in the academy: My academy date is in a couple weeks and I am trying to book a flight home for the Christmas weekend before flights get too expensive. Can someone who is currently in the academy please let me know since Christmas falls on a Sunday, do we get that Friday or Monday off?
                        Thanks!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Member540519 View Post
                          For those currently in the academy: My academy date is in a couple weeks and I am trying to book a flight home for the Christmas weekend before flights get too expensive. Can someone who is currently in the academy please let me know since Christmas falls on a Sunday, do we get that Friday or Monday off?
                          Thanks!
                          I believe you'll get up to the new year off... Jan 2nd probably, but don't quote me on this. Someone from the new classes should chime in with the dates for you.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

                          Comment


                          • you don't need to see the announcement see the GS payscales

                            http://www.opm.gov/oca/11tables/indexGS.asp

                            Comment


                            • So I'm "referred to scheduling unit" on cass... I'm confused because all my steps were co mpleted except my qualifications and completed bi. None of the steps are even there anymore. What does this all mean?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Member540519 View Post
                                For those currently in the academy: My academy date is in a couple weeks and I am trying to book a flight home for the Christmas weekend before flights get too expensive. Can someone who is currently in the academy please let me know since Christmas falls on a Sunday, do we get that Friday or Monday off?
                                Thanks!
                                You get Friday and Monday off. The 23rd and the 26th off. Good luck! One thing you should be concern about is getting back on time for training. They don't care if your flight delay or snow in at the airport. If you miss 24 hours of training (three days), you're packing home for good.
                                _____________
                                CBPO - Washington Northern Border
                                Test: 2/27/2009
                                NOR: 3/09/09 (81% w/o vet.)
                                TO: 4/09/09
                                Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                                TSU: 6/11/09

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8979 users online. 495 members and 8484 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X