Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TP3
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2010

hey quick question to the board, are most of you guys that applied have any prior law enforcement experience?

Comment

• rsx5045
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2011

Pft 2?

Originally posted by jdivola
      I took four years of spanish in high school but that was ages ago. I know zero spanish right now. Does anyone know how this works? Do we graduate Fletc and then go off to spanish training or do we graduate after everything is complete? Is the training really done in South Carolina?
      By any chance for those of you who recently got selected for miami on dec 19 did u already receive info on when the ptf 2 will be conducted ?
      Test - 12/2010
      NOR- 2/2011-score 97
      TO- 6/2011
      Medical- 7/2011-Complete
      Physical- 7/2011-Complete
      Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
      VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
      Drug Test ?

Comment

• ten30code01
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2007

hey

Hey man don't give up. Im in the same boat as you. My Bi has been with the adjudicator for over 5 months now. My bi was stared about two months after my clearance was cleared here at my present job. I also have years as a LEO.

Originally posted by AJLEO
        Im loosing hope most who tested when I did had got the call my BI has been pending for a long time im not sure why. Im prior DHS LEO and when I call MHS they say they are not willing to submit an in quire yet I guess I try again this week..

Comment

• jdivola
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by rsx5045
          By any chance for those of you who recently got selected for miami on dec 19 did u already receive info on when the ptf 2 will be conducted ?
          Yeah, I take my PFT 2 a week from friday, I chose to take it near San Diego. Also, they offered me GS-7. Check your email, they contact you about the fitness test via email.

Comment

• jdivola
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by subarujunky
            For those of you shipping out to FLETC soon, just some more/current info...

For boots either bring a pair with a polish-able toe or you can find some in/around FLETC.
            What's up with the boots? What exactly is the purpose? Uniform?

Comment

• davidB.
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2009

Got the call for LAX!

I'm speechless. I'm sitting here in the break room on lunch all by myself on a very slow day and got the call. The guy on the phone scared me lol

1. I got LAX! I was really hoping for this over long beach
              2. I graduate on my birthday in mid july!

EOD: Dec 19th

Academy: March 15

Pft2: waiting on that email, but somewhere in san diego he said

I've put my life on hold for the last couple years for this job and I swear people have thought I'm crazy about this process. I tested in August 08 when people were getting picked up in a year or less.

To add: that's nearly 3 months of pre academy? Mid Dec I EOD, academy starts mid March
              Last edited by davidB.; 11-23-2011, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• jdivola
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by davidB.
                I'm speechless. I'm sitting here in the break room on lunch all by myself on a very slow day and got the call. The guy on the phone scared me lol

1. I got LAX! I was really hoping for this over long beach
                2. I graduate on my birthday in mid july!

EOD: Dec 19th

Academy: March 15

Pft2: waiting on that email, but somewhere in san diego he said

I've put my life on hold for the last couple years for this job and I swear people have thought I'm crazy about this process. I tested in August 08 when people were getting cked up in a year or less.
                Congrats Dave, I also tested in August, 2008. It's such a relief to get the call after waiting for so long. When I got the call a couple weeks back, the officer even said something about how long I've been waiting. Anyway, glad you got hired. I live in Orange County, CA, but I have to move back home to take the job in Miami. Hopefully if everything works out, they'll let me transfer to LAX in a couple years or so.

Oh, btw...the fitness test will be in Chula Vista, near the border. I'm taking it there next friday morning. Not sure if you'll have the same date.
                Last edited by jdivola; 11-23-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• penguinorange
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Firebug
                  Ahh OK. I will tell you I have been in the service (Immigration before CBP) for 14 years and have been a Supervisor for several years now. CBP is NOT going to pay for your food and lodging for the three months before you are scheduled to go to the academy. CBP will cover your transportation from your Port to the academy and from the academy back to your Port. CBP will cover your food and lodging while you are IN the academy in Georgia. CBP is NOT going to pay one single dime to cover your lodging or food in Douglas AZ.

FB
                  Thank you. I had the same guy on the phone today when he called back, I brought it up and he gave me the "ohhhhh, sorry, I thought you said xxxx not xxxx", so yup definitely a misunderstanding.

I appreciate the help. Now I just need to find an apartment and more reliable car for those 3 months, eek.

Comment

• Beecy
                    CBPO
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by TP3
                    hey quick question to the board, are most of you guys that applied have any prior law enforcement experience?
                    Not everyone. This subject came up in July of this year. This was my post..

"Took the exam in April '08. I am the supervisor of the international department for a large private company. Previous job I did imports/exports and unloaded trucks/trains for CBPO's so they could inspect. Currently working on 2nd background. Approved for GS-7. "

Left that job Friday 11/18...started with CBP Monday of this week .

Comment

• bowhunter103
                      Forum Member
                      • Jun 2011

Good question, I actually meant to note this in the previous post but every CBPO I've talked to has his/her own room. Housing does not seem to be at capacity, only thing I've heard of is some people have been moved around for various building work but otherwise I'd definitely expect to have your own room here for the Dec. 6th class. If I hear anything different, will inform. Congratulations on the job, we'll see ya in Dec !

Edit: *while you can't tack anything to the dorm walls, there is a good sized bulletin board you can stick pictures on if you bring any.
                      Thanks, I'll let the other guys know. They will be happy to hear that. Can't wait to get there!
                      Last edited by bowhunter103; 11-23-2011, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• subarujunky
                        Forum Member
                        • Aug 2011

As for the boots question - yes, uniform until you get your issued footwear (2+ weeks)

Originally posted by bowhunter103
                        Thanks, I'll let the other guys know. They will be happy to hear that. Can't wait to get there!

Edit: Found out today that our Training Coordinator is *****. Do you anything about who he is or how he runs his class?

Sorry but I cannot confirm nor deny knowing any instructor on campus (you'll be briefed on this mindset soon heh) but I can assure you the level of instruction here is incredible. Get paid to workout and do what you love, really can't beat it.
                        Last edited by subarujunky; 11-24-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• bowhunter103
                          Forum Member
                          • Jun 2011

Sorry but I cannot confirm nor deny knowing any instructor on campus (you'll be briefed on this mindset soon heh) but I can assure you the level of instruction here is incredible. Get paid to workout and do what you love, really can't beat it.
                          Yea, I understand. I should have thought that question through before I posted it. Sorry

Comment

• xtrider
                            Forum Member
                            • Jul 2011

Hey JDVIOLA AND RSX

My pft2 will be December 1 in Puerto Rico, wish me luck. Can't wait to get this done.

RSX , good youre from florida. Can you help me find a car to buy over there? a good car?

I like honda, acura.

Anyway, sucks that you guys are going before and after me to the academy. If you guys wanna contact me send me a pm and I will give you my cell and my details. See you guys soon.

Comment

• jdivola
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2009

[QUOTE=xtrider;2928183]My pft2 will be December 1 in Puerto Rico, wish me luck. Can't wait to get this done.

RSX , good youre from florida. Can you help me find a car to buy over there? a good car?

I like honda, acura.

Anyway, sucks that you guys are going before and after me to the academy. If you guys wanna contact me send me a pm and I will give you my cell and my details. See you guys soon.[/QUOTE

Good luck on your test, mine is the following day. I've been so sick the past few days, I would have passed out if I tried to run. I'm planning on running a lot monday-thursday to be in top shape. I'm flying into Miami on December 15th. How about you? I also need to buy a car since I got rid of mine before I moved out to the west coast. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I'll def give you my cell number via PM.

Comment

• jdivola
                                Forum Member
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by xtrider
                                My pft2 will be December 1 in Puerto Rico, wish me luck. Can't wait to get this done.

I like honda, acura.

Anyway, sucks that you guys are going before and after me to the academy. If you guys wanna contact me send me a pm and I will give you my cell and my details. See you guys soon.
                                Good luck on your test, mine is the following day. I've been so sick the past few days, I would have passed out if I tried to run. I'm planning on running a lot monday-thursday to be in top shape. I'm flying into Miami on December 15th. How about you? I also need to buy a car since I got rid of mine before I moved out to the west coast. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I'll def give you my cell number via PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17696 users online. 25 members and 17671 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...