300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
    I got the call today for miami ! Start december 19th and go to fletc march 15 ! Thank you to everyone for all of ur help ! And jd ill be seeing u !
    Hey man, I also got the call cople of days ago. Dec 19 in Miami also, but my academy starts on
    March 1.

Im flying from P.R., looking forward to meet you and JDVIOLA, Are you from Florida?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
      Merlin---isn't there a fellow on the Delphi Forum willing to pay to get out of Montana? I think he wants Arizona though...
      It's good to see that I might actually have a chance to possibly transfer to Montana in the future. My port is in Arizona, and it's not a hell hole port either. I might have a good chance to find someone from MT that would like to switch. I just started a couple weeks ago, and I'm aware that I will probably be here for a while. I think it's good to work on SWB for a few years, you can get some really awesome training/experience down here.

Comment

• question for those that might now:
        I got a call for CBPO today to EOD 12/19 in Douglas, AZ, academy start date of 3/15/2012... he said I'd be shadowing for those 3 months, food/lodging would be provided, the usual, etc. However I'm also in TSU for BPA, and I'm still leaning towards that at least for a few years and then transferring later.

anyways, I digress..., will I have access to fitness facilities while I'm at my station doing my pre-academy stuff? Or should I be investing in some kettlebells etc to bring with me?

timeline for those that love that stuff:
        cbpo:
        applied and tested 8/10/11
        tsl: 10/11/11
        pft1/med: 10/27/11
        drug test: transferred from BPA
        BI: transferred from BPA
        TSU: (idk, I was placed in TSU and called same day as far as I can tell, missing forms, turned them in, called the start of the next business day)

BPA:
        application: 8/10
        written: 10/10
        NOR: 11/10
        TSL: 12/13/10
        OB: 2/13/11
        medical: 3/11
        BI eqip: 5/11
        met with BI: 7/18/11
        BI submitted 8/12/11
        submitted to adjudicator 9/18
        BI submitted to supervisor: 10/05
        Favorably adjudicated 10/18
        TSU 11/16

Comment

• Originally posted by penguinorange View Post
          question for those that might now:
          I got a call for CBPO today to EOD 12/19 in Douglas, AZ, academy start date of 3/15/2012... he said I'd be shadowing for those 3 months, food/lodging would be provided, the usual, etc. However I'm also in TSU for BPA, and I'm still leaning towards that at least for a few years and then transferring later.

anyways, I digress..., will I have access to fitness facilities while I'm at my station doing my pre-academy stuff? Or should I be investing in some kettlebells etc to bring with me?
          If you are that interested in the green, I'd suggest you leave that slot open for someone the really wants it. I may add as well, that from what I've seen, there are more people going from green to blue... than the other way around. I don't know where you got the impression that CBP will pay for your lodging and food while on pre-academy... but that's not how it works, and if it is for you, then CBP is in for a lot of back pay.
          Best of Luck in which ever route you choose to follow...
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
            Hey man, I also got the call cople of days ago. Dec 19 in Miami also, but my academy starts on
            March 1.

Im flying from P.R., looking forward to meet you and JDVIOLA, Are you from Florida?
            Hey xtrider and jd yea im from miami so its awsome im staying home ! I was actually born in bayamon p.r and moved when i was 12 and have been here for about 11 years . Excited to meetinf u both
            Last edited by rsx5045; 11-23-2011, 06:11 AM.
            Test - 12/2010
            NOR- 2/2011-score 97
            TO- 6/2011
            Medical- 7/2011-Complete
            Physical- 7/2011-Complete
            Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
            VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
            Drug Test ?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              If you are that interested in the green, I'd suggest you leave that slot open for someone the really wants it. I may add as well, that from what I've seen, there are more people going from green to blue... than the other way around. I don't know where you got the impression that CBP will pay for your lodging and food while on pre-academy... but that's not how it works, and if it is for you, then CBP is in for a lot of back pay.
              Best of Luck in which ever route you choose to follow...
              I got that idea from the nice gentleman that explained all this to me over the phone. I know I am on my own for transportation/lodging until I EOD, however if I am to be spending 3 months in Douglas, I fail to see another option. I'll be sure to read the email when it is sent to me, but he was fairly clear, I hope there wasn't a mistake. also, I don't see how i'm taking somebody's spot. If i go with BPA, it would have to be before I go the academy for customs. I'm sorry if I made the impression that I don't want this, I simply want BP more AT THIS POINT.

edit: just to reiterate, I would be honored to work for CBP, however if I get a call for BPA for my geo pref, and it involves being closer to home, and not spending 4 months away from my SO and family, that would seem more attractive. However, I would be over joyed to have a job with any agency that would allow me to serve my country in such a capacity. I would love to have a career I could be proud of and excel in.
              Last edited by penguinorange; 11-22-2011, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by penguinorange View Post
                I got that idea from the nice gentleman that explained all this to me over the phone. I know I am on my own for transportation/lodging until I EOD, however if I am to be spending 3 months in Douglas, I fail to see another option. I'll be sure to read the email when it is sent to me, but he was fairly clear, I hope there wasn't a mistake. also, I don't see how i'm taking somebody's spot. If i go with BPA, it would have to be before I go the academy for customs. I'm sorry if I made the impression that I don't want this, I simply want BP more AT THIS POINT.

edit: just to reiterate, I would be honored to work for CBP, however if I get a call for BPA for my geo pref, and it involves being closer to home, and not spending 4 months away from my SO and family, that would seem more attractive. However, I would be over joyed to have a job with any agency that would allow me to serve my country in such a capacity. I would love to have a career I could be proud of and excel in.
                Ahh OK. I will tell you I have been in the service (Immigration before CBP) for 14 years and have been a Supervisor for several years now. CBP is NOT going to pay for your food and lodging for the three months before you are scheduled to go to the academy. CBP will cover your transportation from your Port to the academy and from the academy back to your Port. CBP will cover your food and lodging while you are IN the academy in Georgia. CBP is NOT going to pay one single dime to cover your lodging or food in Douglas AZ.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by RoJoGRaNde View Post
                  Like you said it hasnt even been implemented. Some ports won't even accept transfers and will only take swaps. All depends on the port's management, some are easier to move out of than others.

Like you s
                  Article 39 of the following document is how transfers are intended to work. It is not going to be up to the Port. It would behoove you to be familiar with the employment contract that you are expected to work under.

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/..._agreement.pdf

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                    Merlin---isn't there a fellow on the Delphi Forum willing to pay to get out of Montana? I think he wants Arizona though...
                    Yeah, named Matyoka. The guy is in Del Bonita, MT, itching to go to Phoenix to join up with family and is willing to pay 50 large ones(or more) to the first guy in Phoenix willing to take him up on the offer.

That's probably not all that relevant to the situation here though. One, he's looking to jump now...one way or another. I doubt he'll still be around when Bow is ready to move. Two, he's particular on Phoenix. San Luis probably won't interest him.

Matyoka is also a member of this board...although I haven't seen him around here recently.

Comment

• Any good news latly ?

Im loosing hope most who tested when I did had got the call my BI has been pending for a long time im not sure why. Im prior DHS LEO and when I call MHS they say they are not willing to submit an inquire yet I guess I try again this week..

Comment

• Originally posted by bowhunter103 View Post
                        Thanks for all the info. I'm headed there Dec 6, and this will help wonders. One question...are most people sharing rooms or do you get your own. I know a bunch of people from my port were wondering about that. Thanks
                        Good question, I actually meant to note this in the previous post but every CBPO I've talked to has his/her own room. Housing does not seem to be at capacity, only thing I've heard of is some people have been moved around for various building work but otherwise I'd definitely expect to have your own room here for the Dec. 6th class. If I hear anything different, will inform. Congratulations on the job, we'll see ya in Dec !

Edit: *while you can't tack anything to the dorm walls, there is a good sized bulletin board you can stick pictures on if you bring any.
                        Last edited by subarujunky; 11-23-2011, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
                          Hey xtrider and jd yea im from miami so its awsome im staying home ! I was actually born in bayamob p.r and moved when i was 12 and have been here for about 11 years . Excited to meetinf u both
                          Hey guys, I think the reason that I'm going to fletc earlier than you is because I have to fulfill the spanish training requirement. Are each of you bypassing the training because you are native speakers or are you taking spanish training as well? I tested in August of 2008, it's insane that we are being grouped together being that you both tested a year ago. I'm Jason btw...stay in touch.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdivola View Post
                            Hey guys, I think the reason that I'm going to fletc earlier than you is because I have to fulfill the spanish training requirement. Are each of you bypassing the training because you are native speakers or are you taking spanish training as well? I tested in August of 2008, it's insane that we are being grouped together being that you both tested a year ago. I'm Jason btw...stay in touch.
                            You'll probably take a test during the first week a the academy to determine if you have to go to Spanish academy. I speak Spanish and I still failed the one for the Patrol.
                            Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                              You'll probably take a test during the first week a the academy to determine if you have to go to Spanish academy. I speak Spanish and I still failed the one for the Patrol.
                              I took four years of spanish in high school but that was ages ago. I know zero spanish right now. Does anyone know how this works? Do we graduate Fletc and then go off to spanish training or do we graduate after everything is complete? Is the training really done in South Carolina?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdivola View Post
                                I took four years of spanish in high school but that was ages ago. I know zero spanish right now. Does anyone know how this works? Do we graduate Fletc and then go off to spanish training or do we graduate after everything is complete? Is the training really done in South Carolina?
                                You learn to be a CBPO in Gylnn County and then learn little Spanish in Charleston.
                                Gek.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4334 users online. 272 members and 4062 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X