Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally had my second Bi like 3 weeks ago and now
    Referred to Schedule EOD 11/18/2011

I'm. In for Jfk.... Anyone has any info? Recent hires etc ?
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TO - 01/29/09
    TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
    Expired 6/10/11
    Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by bowhunter103 View Post
      Wow! Thanks for all the great info. My wife and I both have been to MT, it's been years though. We both love it. She has family in Great Falls. We both love the outdoors and we're both sort of anti-social lol. I guess we just don't like being bugged. I'll probably TDY at these ports just to make sure it's somewhere we want to live and raise children. So, what do you think my chances would be to transfer there full time in a few years pending my current port's permission? Is there a lot of people that work in MT that want out? Thanks again.
      Piegan/Chief used to offer nationwide TDY's during the summer months to cover for the increased tourist traffic into Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, etc. It's been years since I've seen then offered nationally though. I talked to one of the Piegan guys when we were both TDY to the ACTT in Tuscon and he was of the thought that those TDYs were now only being offered to officers within 'local' commuting distance. I suppose, once you clear probation and if you're still interested, you could contact Piegan during the winter and see if they'd consider offering you a spring/summer TDY slot. It couldn't hurt.

I'd say it's safe to say that there are far more people who are looking to get out of MT than there are those looking to get into MT. If you're willing to be flexible, I'll say you should have a fairly good shot at it. Places like Morgan, Whitlash, etc often offer voluntary reassignments in TECS news. You may want to check there when you're ready. Not only could you get MT, but you might be able to get Uncle Sugar to pay for the move up there.

Mer.

Comment

• TSU ! for MIAMI

I contacted mhc and was told that as of 12 today i was put into TSU for miami , i hope the call comes sometime soon!
        Test - 12/2010
        NOR- 2/2011-score 97
        TO- 6/2011
        Medical- 7/2011-Complete
        Physical- 7/2011-Complete
        Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
        VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
        Drug Test ?

Comment

• Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
          I contacted mhc and was told that as of 12 today i was put into TSU for miami , i hope the call comes sometime soon!
          That's a good sign. I got the call the next day after my second background investigation cleared / put back into TSU. Come on and join me!!! I start MIA on December 19th. Good luck

Comment

I contacted the IA's office in regard the status of my BI yesterday, the lady on the phone advised me that my BI has just been cleared and should be forward to the scheduling unit, just don't know when it's gonna happen. I'm the Dec 2010 tester.

Comment

• Transfer from west coast to east coast

Quick question, after the mandatory 2 years at the SouthWest area, approximately how long is the wait for a transfer to the North East? I dont mind working at least 3 to 5 years at the West coast, but i really would like to know if transfers are possible to like JFK in NYC? or i will be stuck at my duty location for years to come...?
              Exam: 03/2012
              NOR: 04/2012 81
              Qualified for: GS 7
              TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
              Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
              VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
              Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
              BI: Security Office 01/02/13
              Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
              EOD:
              PFT 2:

Comment

• Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
                Quick question, after the mandatory 2 years at the SouthWest area, approximately how long is the wait for a transfer to the North East? I dont mind working at least 3 to 5 years at the West coast, but i really would like to know if transfers are possible to like JFK in NYC? or i will be stuck at my duty location for years to come...?
                Right now there is no transfer program in place. There is supposed to be a voluntary transfer program that allows you to to go to another port with out swapping with someone from that port but there is no indication of when that will actually come to fruition or ho effective it will be for people when its in place. You are also going to be competing with all of the people that already have several years OTJ that also want to transfer.

Its going to be up to your port if they want to release you for a swap. They may make you wait until you are at your journeyman grade, and you may be only able to swap with someone else in the same pay grade. And thats if you can find someone who want to come to the port you are at now. And the port could just flat out refuse your swap without explanation.

So you could be there for a very long time. They should come up with some type of program because all of these people heading to the SWB seem to think that they will be able to transfer fairly easily after a year or two. When for most that will not be the case. it seems that theres always going to be a larger number of people that want to transfer out of the SWB than want to go to it.
                CBPO
                TO - 05/08 JFK
                EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
                  There is no mandatory 2 years on the SW border....unless you can find a swap with someone down the road to switch with you from a NE port, good luck. There is no transfer program with CBP.

Comment

• Got the CALL for MIAMi !

Originally posted by jdivola View Post
                    That's a good sign. I got the call the next day after my second background investigation cleared / put back into TSU. Come on and join me!!! I start MIA on December 19th. Good luck
                    I got the call today for miami ! Start december 19th and go to fletc march 15 ! Thank you to everyone for all of ur help ! And jd ill be seeing u !
                    Test - 12/2010
                    NOR- 2/2011-score 97
                    TO- 6/2011
                    Medical- 7/2011-Complete
                    Physical- 7/2011-Complete
                    Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
                    VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
                    Drug Test ?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      Piegan/Chief used to offer nationwide TDY's during the summer months to cover for the increased tourist traffic into Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, etc. It's been years since I've seen then offered nationally though. I talked to one of the Piegan guys when we were both TDY to the ACTT in Tuscon and he was of the thought that those TDYs were now only being offered to officers within 'local' commuting distance. I suppose, once you clear probation and if you're still interested, you could contact Piegan during the winter and see if they'd consider offering you a spring/summer TDY slot. It couldn't hurt.

I'd say it's safe to say that there are far more people who are looking to get out of MT than there are those looking to get into MT. If you're willing to be flexible, I'll say you should have a fairly good shot at it. Places like Morgan, Whitlash, etc often offer voluntary reassignments in TECS news. You may want to check there when you're ready. Not only could you get MT, but you might be able to get Uncle Sugar to pay for the move up there.

Mer.

Mostly good news for me. Thank you very much.

Comment

I got the call today for miami ! Start december 19th and go to fletc march 15 ! Thank you to everyone for all of ur help ! And jd ill be seeing u !
                        See, what did I tell you!? That's great news, I'm looking forward to meeting you. I've sent a few PM's back and forth with someone else who will be starting MIA the same day as us. I leave for Fletc on Feb 6th, I wonder what you will doing in pre-academy for such a long period of time. It's too bad they couldn't send us all at the same time. Do you live in Miami already?

Comment

• just like i thought, didnt receive a structured interview after the vbt and just got the notice that I didnt pass the VBT. Well good luck to those still in the process

Comment

• Originally posted by RoJoGRaNde View Post
                            There is no mandatory 2 years on the SW border....unless you can find a swap with someone down the road to switch with you from a NE port, good luck. There is no transfer program with CBP.
                            There is a transfer program within CBP and always has been. However, the transfer program was not officer initiated, meaning that the officer could not just put in for a place that they wanted to go. The transfer would have to be management initiated (posted) then officers could apply for the transfer. The new contract that was recently signed does include a transfer program that has not been implemented yet. This program is projected to include officers being able to place their names on a list for a particular POE that they would like to go, as openings occur at that port of entry a certain percentage of those openings are to be filled from that list of officers wishing to transfer based on seniority. That is what was negotiated it is yet to be seen what it will actually look like in practice. We will all have to wait and see.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

Mer.
                              Merlin---isn't there a fellow on the Delphi Forum willing to pay to get out of Montana? I think he wants Arizona though...

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                                There is a transfer program within CBP and always has been. However, the transfer program was not officer initiated, meaning that the officer could not just put in for a place that they wanted to go. The transfer would have to be management initiated (posted) then officers could apply for the transfer. The new contract that was recently signed does include a transfer program that has not been implemented yet. This program is projected to include officers being able to place their names on a list for a particular POE that they would like to go, as openings occur at that port of entry a certain percentage of those openings are to be filled from that list of officers wishing to transfer based on seniority. That is what was negotiated it is yet to be seen what it will actually look like in practice. We will all have to wait and see.

FB
                                Like you said it hasnt even been implemented. Some ports won't even accept transfers and will only take swaps. All depends on the port's management, some are easier to move out of than others.

Like you s

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14048 users online. 278 members and 13770 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X