300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bowhunter103 View Post
    Has anyone on here ever worked or know anyone that is working at any ports in Montana? I plan on transferring to Montana (preferably Great Falls, Kalispell, Wild Horse, or Willow Creek) after a few years on the SWB. I'm just looking for info about the ports (moral, hours, the kind of people that work there, etc). I appreciate any info I can get. Thanks
    I've TDY'd to Montana.

None of those ports are very big and most run 0800-1700, give or take.

Great Falls is the service port and likely the largest of those choices. However, most of those working at GF will be support/admin people. The actual airport operation is not that large. Kalispell is also a small airport operation. Willow Creek is a small land border PoE pretty much in the middle of the state and miles from anywhere.

Wild Horse is your wildcard. They've either just built/are building a new ARRA PoE in Wild Horse. There is also a serious push on by the 'powers' in Havre to convert Wild Horse into a 24/7 PoE.

Have you been to MT?
    It's rural...very rural. It's not for everybody...especially your 'urbanite' type of person.
    I grew up in a small town on a small dairy farm within the foothills of the Northeast and figured I knew 'rural' as well as anybody. ND and MT quickly cured me of that mistaken belief.

Edited to add CBP/MT link.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/mt/
    Last edited by merlin436; 11-21-2011, 04:30 PM. Reason: adding link

Comment

• Bi

Hey. I have the same problem. I talked to IA this past Friday and I was told that they have had my BI in their office since June. She said it has been assigned to an officer but it has not been reviewed yet. She then said it should take about another month. ((

Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
      Hey guys i spoke to IA last week and was told by them that my BI has been with the adjudicator for about a week, i was wondering if any of u knew how long more or less adjudication of the bi actually takes or if any of u knew how long after ur bi went into adjudication did u receive the call

Comment

• When I applied to be a CBPO, I was told that transferring from one POE to another was a very difficult and complicated process. I EOD for MIA next month. Does anyone know how long on average it takes to request a transfer and have it processed? I know that you can do a "body swap" with an officer that wants to switch ports with you. Is there any other way to go about this?

I lived in south Fl my entire life until this past September wherein I made the move to southern Cali to live with my girlfriend. I want to be able to explain to her what we can expect about our future. We were both hoping that I could transfer to a POE in southern Cali once my probationary period is finished as a CBPO. I'm not naive enough to expect something to happen right away, but how realistic is it to think they may accommodate my request?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
          Got a letter saying they "derogatory" information in my background. Well no kidding! It's all information I reported! Lol. They are giving me an opportunity to explain myself before they make a decision. Anyone think this is a show stopper? Don't have the letter in front of me but I know it has my driving record on it. I forgot to list it originally in SF86 but gave all that info to the investigator! Should I be worried?
          I wouldn't be to worried, just be very specific. Make sure you add how you changed since then. When did you meet you BI? My BI has been with IA since Aug (Met BI late July) and just reached adjudication in Oct.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsakrl View Post
            I wouldn't be to worried, just be very specific. Make sure you add how you changed since then. When did you meet you BI? My BI has been with IA since Aug (Met BI late July) and just reached adjudication in Oct.
            I met with my investigator in July/August. I seriously hope it's no big deal

Comment

• Originally posted by ten30code01 View Post
              Hey. I have the same problem. I talked to IA this past Friday and I was told that they have had my BI in their office since June. She said it has been assigned to an officer but it has not been reviewed yet. She then said it should take about another month. ((
              Hey yea theyve had mine since june but i already met my investigator and everything is done on it its woth the adjudicator now is what i was told by IA she told me it should be sent to hiring within a few werks at most due to heavy workload
              Test - 12/2010
              NOR- 2/2011-score 97
              TO- 6/2011
              Medical- 7/2011-Complete
              Physical- 7/2011-Complete
              Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
              VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
              Drug Test ?

Comment

• port

Where are you trying to go to?

Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
                Hey yea theyve had mine since june but i already met my investigator and everything is done on it its woth the adjudicator now is what i was told by IA she told me it should be sent to hiring within a few werks at most due to heavy workload

Comment

• Originally posted by lilcol View Post
                  Chose El Paso because there are plenty of things to do in a city of 600,000 so housing and all that hopefully won't be a big issue. Lukeville is in the absolute middle of nowhere, which I know is very common for a job of this type and would have definitely accepted had that been the only option, but when given the choice between that and a decent sized city, city is going to win every time. Plus, I feel like there may be more opportunity to move around at the El Paso POE.
                  Congrats and good luck. I miss El Paso, mostly the food . You won't regret it. Plenty of action in El Paso. Plus I don't know how it works down there, but there are 4 POE in El Paso, so I don't know if you just get assigned to one or you rotate between all of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    I've TDY'd to Montana.

None of those ports are very big and most run 0800-1700, give or take.

Great Falls is the service port and likely the largest of those choices. However, most of those working at GF will be support/admin people. The actual airport operation is not that large. Kalispell is also a small airport operation. Willow Creek is a small land border PoE pretty much in the middle of the state and miles from anywhere.

Wild Horse is your wildcard. They've either just built/are building a new ARRA PoE in Wild Horse. There is also a serious push on by the 'powers' in Havre to convert Wild Horse into a 24/7 PoE.

Have you been to MT?
                    It's rural...very rural. It's not for everybody...especially your 'urbanite' type of person.
                    I grew up in a small town on a small dairy farm within the foothills of the Northeast and figured I knew 'rural' as well as anybody. ND and MT quickly cured me of that mistaken belief.

Edited to add CBP/MT link.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/mt/

Wow! Thanks for all the great info. My wife and I both have been to MT, it's been years though. We both love it. She has family in Great Falls. We both love the outdoors and we're both sort of anti-social lol. I guess we just don't like being bugged. I'll probably TDY at these ports just to make sure it's somewhere we want to live and raise children. So, what do you think my chances would be to transfer there full time in a few years pending my current port's permission? Is there a lot of people that work in MT that want out? Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by ten30code01 View Post
                      Where are you trying to go to?
                      My TO is for Miami urs?
                      Test - 12/2010
                      NOR- 2/2011-score 97
                      TO- 6/2011
                      Medical- 7/2011-Complete
                      VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
                      Drug Test ?

Comment

• port

Texas ..

QUOTE=rsx5045;2926545]My TO is for Miami urs?[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                          Congrats and good luck. I miss El Paso, mostly the food . You won't regret it. Plenty of action in El Paso. Plus I don't know how it works down there, but there are 4 POE in El Paso, so I don't know if you just get assigned to one or you rotate between all of them.
                          Thanks man! I've only been through the area once and well it seems like one of the more interesting border towns lol. I don't think I'll get too bored. It would be nice if they rotate between the 4 POEs, at least there would be a little change of scenery lol.

Comment

• Fletc

For those of you shipping out to FLETC soon, just some more/current info...

If you fly, bring a copy of your itinerary with you.

The "crackhouses" as some call them have small ~15" flatscreen tv's with about 100 or so channels. I brought a 30" monitor/tv hooked up to my laptop and it has served me well so far. The rooms themselves are actually not bad at all, and sharing a bathroom really isn't a problem either. You really can't beat the location, so if you get in these smaller "la douceur de vivre" suites consider yourself lucky. Irons and boards are in every room that I've seen.

There are three internet speeds/wifi 1mb = $30, 2.5mb = 40, 5mb = 50 ...this is monthly and I know you get a few bones off for the 3 month, just not sure of the exact prices at the moment. Netflix and Skype stream jut fine @ 2.5mb - Consider this information gold

I know a few people have said facial hair isn't much of an issue here, but my entire [large] class is 100% clean shaven, and we look damn good on and off the clock, and it makes our lives easier - trust me on that. I'd say definitely plan on the same for all upcoming classes, and take personal neatness very seriously.. you're the future of CBP, why work so hard to look like a bum? I like my beard just like the rest of you all but it would be making my whole class look bad...etc blah *end rant* ...I hope the person at my port that looks like a flipping leprechaun reads this.

Leave the crazy/ghetto gear at home, people will know you in and out of uniform. I haven't actually seen much ridiculousness yet, but just something to keep in mind.

For boots either bring a pair with a polish-able toe or you can find some in/around FLETC.

Remember where you come from, and learn to trust and rely your classmates and you will fare just fine at FLETC. There's a huge wealth of knowledge and diversity that only serves to benefit you, and a lot going on off-duty to take advantage of. The people that really embrace it here are the happiest.

I won't go into a whole lot of the living details as a big part of FLETC is figurin' a lot of $hit out yourself and enjoying the help of your classmates (and this is a public forum), but I wish you all good luck and godspeed, I'll try to be on the forums here at least once-twice a week. Kinda/maybe/sorta helpful?

Comment

• Originally posted by subarujunky View Post
                              For those of you shipping out to FLETC soon, just some more/current info...

If you fly, bring a copy of your itinerary with you.

The "crackhouses" as some call them have small ~15" flatscreen tv's with about 100 or so channels. I brought a 30" monitor/tv hooked up to my laptop and it has served me well so far. The rooms themselves are actually not bad at all, and sharing a bathroom really isn't a problem either. You really can't beat the location, so if you get in these smaller "la douceur de vivre" suites consider yourself lucky. Irons and boards are in every room that I've seen.

There are three internet speeds/wifi 1mb = $30, 2.5mb = 40, 5mb = 50 ...this is monthly and I know you get a few bones off for the 3 month, just not sure of the exact prices at the moment. Netflix and Skype stream jut fine @ 2.5mb - Consider this information gold

I know a few people have said facial hair isn't much of an issue here, but my entire [large] class is 100% clean shaven, and we look damn good on and off the clock, and it makes our lives easier - trust me on that. I'd say definitely plan on the same for all upcoming classes, and take personal neatness very seriously.. you're the future of CBP, why work so hard to look like a bum? I like my beard just like the rest of you all but it would be making my whole class look bad...etc blah *end rant* ...I hope the person at my port that looks like a flipping leprechaun reads this.

Leave the crazy/ghetto gear at home, people will know you in and out of uniform. I haven't actually seen much ridiculousness yet, but just something to keep in mind.

For boots either bring a pair with a polish-able toe or you can find some in/around FLETC.

Remember where you come from, and learn to trust and rely your classmates and you will fare just fine at FLETC. There's a huge wealth of knowledge and diversity that only serves to benefit you, and a lot going on off-duty to take advantage of. The people that really embrace it here are the happiest.

I won't go into a whole lot of the living details as a big part of FLETC is figurin' a lot of $hit out yourself and enjoying the help of your classmates (and this is a public forum), but I wish you all good luck and godspeed, I'll try to be on the forums here at least once-twice a week. Kinda/maybe/sorta helpful?
                              Thanks for all the info. I'm headed there Dec 6, and this will help wonders. One question...are most people sharing rooms or do you get your own. I know a bunch of people from my port were wondering about that. Thanks

Comment

• Hey all..... Im fairly new to this forum.. I got the call last week; EOD 12/19/11 FLETC 3/1/2012. I currently live in NYC and I am in the process of relocating to ATL for the position. I was wondering if there was anyone else starting in Atlanta on the 19 of Dec.
                                Test - 12/2010
                                NOR- 1/2011
                                TO- 6/2011
                                Medical- 7/2011-Complete
                                VBT/SI- 10/16/2011-complete
                                Drug Test- 11/03/2011 complete
                                pft 2- 12/02/2011 complete (Harpers Ferry, WV)
                                EOD- 12/19/2011 Atlanta
                                FLETC- 3/1/2012 class #212

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12224 users online. 450 members and 11774 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X