300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    A 1200-2000 class would involve paying evening differential. A 6 day work week would involve paying 2X COPRA overtime for day#6.

Personally, I just don't see it. Moving beyond the many FLETC/training issues, there is the question of whatever would CBP do with 7000 new hires? Generously assuming that 1000 or so would replace attrition, that's 6000 new officers that need to be placed somewhere. The current target population of CBPOs is 21,186...6K is well over 25% of that total.

How many ports across the country could assimilate a 25% growth in CBPOs over the next year or so?...I'm guessing not many. Most ports were built pre-9/11, are largely obsolete and aren't really designed for the people they currently have, much less for the addition of scores to hundreds of more officers.
    Good point. Even if you send hundreds of new students to San Ysidro or Miami due to remodeling/expansions... you still have thousands of new hires left. And like you said, if you back filled attrition... you'll still have thousands left.

I wonder how many people are eligible for retirement? Is this something they take into consideration or not until after the person has retired and a number has been generated (like most jobs)?

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
      I wonder how many people are eligible for retirement? Is this something they take into consideration or not until after the person has retired and a number has been generated (like most jobs)?
      Off the top of my head, I can't exactly recall the last retirement numbers I've read. However, they were nothing close to that extreme.

7000 new people would almost certainly cause radical change within OFO. OT, minimal staffing, shift bids, location bids, seniority,...pretty much anything and everything would be affected.

Comment

• Originally posted by subarujunky View Post
        Originally posted by bott718
        Drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water a day, and your BP will stay steady in the 120's
        I'd double check your sources, if that works for you congrats but I'd reconsider medical advice like that.
        There is some truth to that in a sense it would help the kidneys flush water and salt from your body and decrease blood volume. You can also OD on garlic, green tea, Coenzyme Q-10 or Stevia, a few weeks prior. A doctor would unlikely to recommend any method not pertaining to drug use because by law only a drug can cure, treat, prevent a medical condition
        Last edited by Nforce; 11-19-2011, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by luke81 View Post
          hey, our timeline is basically identical except i'm doing my vbt a week later exactly.
          cool man, keep me updated if you hear anything further
          CBPO
          Geo - West Coast
          Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
          NOR - 4/2/12
          TSL - 6/12/12
          PFT1 - green
          BI -
          Quals -
          VBT/SI - green
          Drug Screen - green

Comment

• Going out to your Port.

Hey All,

I dont know if someone posted this in the past but if your getting ready to go out to our ports and have no place to stay check out extendedstayhotels.com, they have really good deals.

Comment

• Originally posted by infamousj85 View Post
              Hey All,

I dont know if someone posted this in the past but if your getting ready to go out to our ports and have no place to stay check out extendedstayhotels.com, they have really good deals.
              There's nothing there for Nogales, but there's a pretty good deal for Tuscon....

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                There's nothing there for Nogales, but there's a pretty good deal for Tuscon....
                Yea I know but its only an hour drive compared to having to pay almost double by staying in Nogales also if you think about it your going to drive up to Tucson for other things since Nogales doesn't really have that much but that's only my opinion. ex. places to move 2

Comment

• Originally posted by infamousj85 View Post
                  Yea I know but its only an hour drive compared to having to pay almost double by staying in Nogales also if you think about it your going to drive up to Tucson for other things since Nogales doesn't really have that much but that's only my opinion. ex. places to move 2
                  True, there's some cheap apartments/homes for rent on craigslist in Nogales too though and my car doesn't get very good gas mileage.....

Comment

• How long to get results back from VBT?

Comment

• Took me about 2 weeks to get the letter. CASS actually updated before I received it.

Comment

• Very important question here! For those of you in FLETC, is there a TV in your dorm room? If not, are you allowed to bring one?
                        Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Member540519 View Post
                          Very important question here! For those of you in FLETC, is there a TV in your dorm room? If not, are you allowed to bring one?
                          Thanks!
                          Depends on what building you are in. I can't speak for any of the other dorms... but the Taj has TV's. They're kind of small so if you NEED to have your 55" flat screen so you can keep your 'A' game at Modern Warfare... you can bring it and hook it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Member540519 View Post
                            Very important question here! For those of you in FLETC, is there a TV in your dorm room? If not, are you allowed to bring one?
                            Thanks!
                            Good question. Also, what is the wireless internet situation while at Fletc?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdivola View Post
                              Good question. Also, what is the wireless internet situation while at Fletc?
                              30 bucks a month, if you would of read the past 1000 threads about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoJoGRaNde View Post
                                30 bucks a month, if you would of read the past 1000 threads about it.
                                I tend to forget these things after the three year wait. well, FORGIVE ME!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4164 users online. 212 members and 3952 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X