300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
    I am not sure if I disagree or agree with you. Is it likely? Probably not. I promise you I did not make up that number though. Classes max out at 48 students. That would be 146 classes next year. Is it possible? Who knows. It's just what I heard from someone whom I trust. If I did not believe the source I would not waste my time posting it to all the hopefuls on here. It's just a glimmer of hope... nothing more.
    Really? I'd love to hear more about the meat behind this '7000' number.

By my figuring 146 classes divided by 52 weeks equals an average of 2.8 classes per week. 48 students per class times 2.8 equals 135 students per week. Current CBPOBT classes are 89 training days. 89 training days equal roughly 18 weeks, not counting holidays. 16 times 135 equals 2430. 2430 should be roughly the number of CBPO trainees on base the night before the first class graduates and the newest class moves in. Add several hundred FLETC people who are attending FLETC programs other than CBPOBT. Lowballing I'll guess 3000 people attending FLETC at the height of such a schedule.

Could FLETC support 3000 trainees for any length of time? I rather doubt it. I'm guessing there's not enough bed space/hotel space in FLETC and surrounding Brunswick to support those numbers.
    Last edited by merlin436; 11-18-2011, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Could FLETC support 3000 trainees for any length of time? I rather doubt it. I'm guessing there's not enough bed space/hotel space in FLETC and surrounding Brunswick to support those numbers.
      Just want to chime in here with a little bit of tongue in cheek. I live in Brunswick, about 5 mins from the base, wife works at FLETC. I would like to point out that there are WAAAAYYYYYYY too many hotels here! There are 7 (maybe 8) off the express way alone. Big 3-4 story mamma jammas. We got plenty of space

Comment

• Does the VBT include a structured interview? I just took my VBT but didn't take a structured interview. The lady said HR will contact you with further information. I thought I did really well on the VBT by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
          Does the VBT include a structured interview? I just took my VBT but didn't take a structured interview. The lady said HR will contact you with further information. I thought I did really well on the VBT by the way.
          Did they make you wait at all after the test? If they made you wait, they probably reviewed the tape and you may not have passed. If they told you right after the VBT they will be in contact with you, they probably did not have anyone to grade your test. I believe that JFK was doing they SI right after the VBT, but I'm not sure. If JFK testers would chime in please. Good Luck!
          12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
          5/25 TO
          5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
          5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
          6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
          7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
          7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
          7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
          8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
          8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
          8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
          8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
          10/13~ BI CLEARED
          10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
          10/26 PFT2 PASSED
          11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
          12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• To those who "failed" the poly, how long did it take you to get your letter from IA saying you weren't suitable for employment? I still haven't received mine yet... Not really reading too much into it, but I do kinda find it strange that it's been over a week and half now...

Comment

• IA number

Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
              I was just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them? I called IA and they informed me that my NAC had been rejected and i was never informed i had to redo my eqip and sign the sf 86 forms. After speaking to IA they informed i did not have to redo my eqip and just re sign the forms and they will be sent to OPM so my BI can be finished. Had i not contacted IA i would of been waiting for a long time, has this happened to anyone and how much after redoing this step did u get called? I am only missing my BI and i spoke to my Investigator on August 8, any info and advice would be greatly appreciated
              I am in a same predicament as you! Do you mind giving me the contact info for the IA?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                Does the VBT include a structured interview? I just took my VBT but didn't take a structured interview. The lady said HR will contact you with further information. I thought I did really well on the VBT by the way.
                Originally posted by z132878 View Post
                Did they make you wait at all after the test? If they made you wait, they probably reviewed the tape and you may not have passed. If they told you right after the VBT they will be in contact with you, they probably did not have anyone to grade your test. I believe that JFK was doing they SI right after the VBT, but I'm not sure. If JFK testers would chime in please. Good Luck!
                i had my vbt Nov 8th in JFK and didnt receive a SI as well. They did make me wait about 25 mins after I finished my vbt, then told me I will be contacted in a couple of weeks. Being that most ppl said they received a SI i am kinda nervous that I may have failed, but we ll see

Comment

• Originally posted by z132878 View Post
                  They made me wait like 10 mins while I filled out a breif survey. I thought the VBT was simple and straightforward and responded with simple appropriate responses. I would be highly surprised if I didnt pass it.

Comment

• Just also want to know if anyone got in CBP without a structured interview and just passing a VBT? if not, I'm doomed I suppose lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                      i had my vbt Nov 8th in JFK and didnt receive a SI as well. They did make me wait about 25 mins after I finished my vbt, then told me I will be contacted in a couple of weeks. Being that most ppl said they received a SI i am kinda nervous that I may have failed, but we ll see
                      I'm in the same boat with you. Lol I also scored a 86. Geo is SW too.

Comment

• Hey everyone, first time poster and I just wanted to say I never expected to find so much information as there is in this thread. This is great for everyone going through the process. It is reassuring to find that you all are so helpful to everyone that isn't quite as far along as you. I'll be checking this forum as often as CASS
                        CBPO
                        Geo - West Coast
                        Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                        NOR - 4/2/12
                        TSL - 6/12/12
                        PFT1 - green
                        BI -
                        Quals -
                        VBT/SI - green
                        Drug Screen - green

Comment

• Originally posted by zipties View Post
                          To those who "failed" the poly, how long did it take you to get your letter from IA saying you weren't suitable for employment? I still haven't received mine yet... Not really reading too much into it, but I do kinda find it strange that it's been over a week and half now...
                          jonnylaw said his was received after 2 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by nonsense View Post
                            Hey everyone, first time poster and I just wanted to say I never expected to find so much information as there is in this thread. This is great for everyone going through the process. It is reassuring to find that you all are so helpful to everyone that isn't quite as far along as you. I'll be checking this forum as often as CASS
                            hey, our timeline is basically identical except i'm doing my vbt a week later exactly.

Comment

• Long time lurker, first time poster here (not sure why it took so long to allow me to post anything, but that's another can of worms.)

Just passed my PFT2 in Chula Vista, CA this morning. For those of you taking your PFT2 soon: Make sure you stretch GOOD, don't rely on the proctors to give you time to warm up etc. It was a little cold in Chula Vista this morning but not too bad. Practice NOW. I felt bad for the people that failed. Our group had maybe 15-20 ppl (half were for Border Patrol), and the only people who failed, failed on the sit-ups portion. Everyone ran the 1.5 in under 15 mins.

Our group was mostly SWB. San Ysidro, some for AZ, and Los Angeles.

PFT2 @ SouthWestern College: Just a heads up, park in LOT "L", the track is hidden in the back. And its like $3 for a parking pass.

Good luck ppl!

Me: EOD @ LAX 12/05/2011 with FLETC 01/11/2012
                              Last edited by SoCalCBP; 11-18-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCBP View Post
                                Long time lurker, first time poster here (not sure why it took so long to allow me to post anything, but that's another can of worms.)

Just passed my PFT2 in Chula Vista, CA this morning. For those of you taking your PFT2 soon: Make sure you stretch GOOD, don't rely on the proctors to give you time to warm up etc. It was a little cold in Chula Vista this morning but not too bad. Practice NOW. I felt bad for the people that failed. Our group had maybe 15-20 ppl (half were for Border Patrol), and the only people who failed, failed on the sit-ups portion. Everyone ran the 1.5 in under 15 mins.

Our group was mostly SWB. San Ysidro, some for AZ, and Los Angeles.

PFT2 @ SouthWestern College: Just a heads up, park in LOT "L", the track is hidden in the back. And its like $3 for a parking pass.

Good luck ppl!

Me: EOD @ LAX 12/05/2011 with FLETC 01/11/2012
                                Are you one of the '08 testers? If so, happen to know your TO date?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5235 users online. 198 members and 5037 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X