300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got the call

I received the call today for MIAMI. Starting Dec. 19 and then on March 1 FLETC. Of course I have to pass the PFT 2 first.

Anyone going to Miami on this date? Im from Puerto Rico, Looking forward to hear from people to go to the academy on this dates or Miami. PM me or posted it here.

Comment

• Another question:

When can I quit my job?
      If I pass the PFT2, after that?
      I already have my EOD of Dec 19 and Academy date of Jan26.
      What happens after the PFT2?

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC_Stitch View Post
        Another question:

When can I quit my job?
        If I pass the PFT2, after that?
        I already have my EOD of Dec 19 and Academy date of Jan26.
        What happens after the PFT2?
        Im going to give my official notice after the PFT2
        CBPO
        TO - 05/08 JFK
        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I heard today something that might make some of you smile. I am hesitant to release this information because it seems like bad timing but I believe it may be true... apparently CBP has classes scheduled all the way through June and they are only on February with placing people. Therefore, more calls should go out. I hear a ridiculous number today... and maybe it's accurate... but I heard that approximately 7,000 students will be hired and trained this next year. That seems awfully high but that's what I heard. I will not go into who said it or any of that nonsense. It's just a be glimmer of hope for all of you being patient. Again, do not quote me on this. I know if I were in your spot still... I would like to hear something like this.

Keep the faith everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
            Hello everyone,

I heard today something that might make some of you smile. I am hesitant to release this information because it seems like bad timing but I believe it may be true... apparently CBP has classes scheduled all the way through June and they are only on February with placing people. Therefore, more calls should go out. I hear a ridiculous number today... and maybe it's accurate... but I heard that approximately 7,000 students will be hired and trained this next year. That seems awfully high but that's what I heard. I will not go into who said it or any of that nonsense. It's just a be glimmer of hope for all of you being patient. Again, do not quote me on this. I know if I were in your spot still... I would like to hear something like this.

Keep the faith everyone.
            If they hired 7,000 with 40 in each class that would be 175 classes. They are not on schedule to do that. I know that CBP posted a news story around 2 months ago saying they where planning to hire approximately 8,000 border patrol agents. They showed a video of recruiters at a college in Detroit.
            12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
            5/25 TO
            5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
            5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
            6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
            7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
            7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
            7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
            8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
            8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
            8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
            8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
            10/13~ BI CLEARED
            10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
            10/26 PFT2 PASSED
            11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
            12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
              I received the call today for MIAMI. Starting Dec. 19 and then on March 1 FLETC. Of course I have to pass the PFT 2 first.

Anyone going to Miami on this date? Im from Puerto Rico, Looking forward to hear from people to go to the academy on this dates or Miami. PM me or posted it here.
              Hey,
              Congratulations on your hire. I got hired for MIA (airport) as well. I start the same day as you but go to the academy before you (Feb 2). Look forward to meeting you. I love PR, are you going to miss living there? Are you working at the airport or seaport?
              Last edited by jdivola; 11-17-2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Started BI

I got my fingerprints cards last saturday and received both part 1 and part 2 BI forms to fill out.
                Exam: 03/2012
                NOR: 04/2012 81
                Qualified for: GS 7
                TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                EOD:
                PFT 2:

Comment

• NAC rejected by OPM ! info please

I was just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them? I called IA and they informed me that my NAC had been rejected and i was never informed i had to redo my eqip and sign the sf 86 forms. After speaking to IA they informed i did not have to redo my eqip and just re sign the forms and they will be sent to OPM so my BI can be finished. Had i not contacted IA i would of been waiting for a long time, has this happened to anyone and how much after redoing this step did u get called? I am only missing my BI and i spoke to my Investigator on August 8, any info and advice would be greatly appreciated
                  Test - 12/2010
                  NOR- 2/2011-score 97
                  TO- 6/2011
                  Medical- 7/2011-Complete
                  Physical- 7/2011-Complete
                  Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
                  VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
                  Drug Test ?

Comment

• Nogales

I just sent some of you a PM
                    yesgonzalez223 and infamousj85, turn on your PMs so I can add you to the list.

Got the email for my PFT2 test. 12/9 in Chula Vista. See you all there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indio0217 View Post
                      I got my fingerprints cards last saturday and received both part 1 and part 2 BI forms to fill out.
                      Question for you all....Is this CBP posting for Agents at the borders or the officers at the Airports? Anyone can answer please.

Comment

• Originally posted by MBANGOURA View Post
                        Question for you all....Is this CBP posting for Agents at the borders or the officers at the Airports? Anyone can answer please.
                        This thread is relevant to various vacancy announcements for Customs & Border Protection Officer positions at the border as well as the functional equivalents of the border (international airports).
                        Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by z132878 View Post
                          If they hired 7,000 with 40 in each class that would be 175 classes. They are not on schedule to do that. I know that CBP posted a news story around 2 months ago saying they where planning to hire approximately 8,000 border patrol agents. They showed a video of recruiters at a college in Detroit.
                          I am not sure if I disagree or agree with you. Is it likely? Probably not. I promise you I did not make up that number though. Classes max out at 48 students. That would be 146 classes next year. Is it possible? Who knows. It's just what I heard from someone whom I trust. If I did not believe the source I would not waste my time posting it to all the hopefuls on here. It's just a glimmer of hope... nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                            Be sure to check your "spam" folder also...that is where my email was regarding the PFT2.
                            Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                            I am not sure if I disagree or agree with you. Is it likely? Probably not. I promise you I did not make up that number though. Classes max out at 48 students. That would be 146 classes next year. Is it possible? Who knows. It's just what I heard from someone whom I trust. If I did not believe the source I would not waste my time posting it to all the hopefuls on here. It's just a glimmer of hope... nothing more.
                            I don't know about the number...could be true. I do know that the person I talked to from MHC said they were in a big push to get people on board before the end of the year due to funding issues. I asked because there is an almost 2 1/2 month gap between my EOD and FLETC (12/19 start, FLETC not until March). So there seems to be a lot of people getting called who will need to get in on that last pay period of 2011 and because of that, classes are filling fast. I would think that if you don't get a call soon, there might be another break in the hiring after this month. Not trying to crush hopes, just sharing what I was told.

Comment

• Got my VBT today at JFK wish me luck! Lol little nervous but I'm pretty sure it's easy.

Comment

• Nogales, AZ

Hey All,

Yesterday I barely passed PFT 2, the running almost killed me and since it was outside the cold air going into your lungs does not help at all. I have my work cut out for me even more 1.5 mile run in less than 15 mins here we go....lol Now Im just waiting for them to send me the email, Nogales, AZ here I come. Now to drive and be there by 12/5.

Talking about waiting for them to send me the email and I just received it.
                                Last edited by infamousj85; 11-18-2011, 09:00 AM. Reason: Congratulations E-mail Received.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7941 users online. 292 members and 7649 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X