300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    That's because the director hasn't seen or come to your room to speak to you guys... When that happens, facial hair will come off!
    are you talking about Mr Strong. Im in week 8. He came I saw and he left.

Comment

• [QUOTE=whtride459;2922774]This is my first posting... I received the CALL on Monday 11/14 and missed it. The CBP officer called back on Tuesday 11/15 and offered only one port Nogales, AZ he told me I had 24 hours and he would call back. I accepted the offer today 11/16. EOD date is 12/19/2011. I also received the email today after speaking with him for my pft2 which is scheduled for 12/2/11 in Harpers Ferry, WV. Alot of the information on here is very informative. However, MHC makes the decisions...CASS right now still shows my qualifications as pending and says nothing about being referred to the scheduling unit.

If anyone has the same dates and location pm me... especially if you're interested in sharing costs....

I sent you a PM!!!
      12/10 test
      1/11 NOR (100 w/vet)
      3/11 TO (AZ)
      10/11 Referred to Sched
      11/11 The Call (Nogales)
      12/2/11 pft2
      12/19/11 EOD
      2/6/12 FLETC

Comment

• Need a little clarification

So I am a little confused with the process after hire, say for example I complete my PFT2 and get the EOD for late December, but the class starts in march for example, that means I will have to move to my assigned port Laredo, Texas in December?? Im just a bit confused and would appreciate any enlightenment.

Comment

• Originally posted by RevolveReX View Post
          So I am a little confused with the process after hire, say for example I complete my PFT2 and get the EOD for late December, but the class starts in march for example, that means I will have to move to my assigned port Laredo, Texas in December?? Im just a bit confused and would appreciate any enlightenment.
          First of all have did they give you an EOD date? I would not recommend you moving all your stuff from were ever you are just yet. first you need your EOD date, then you need to report to the port for pre-academy. how long you will be there depends on you FLETC start date it suppose to be about 30 days 4 or 5 weeks approx mine was about 8 days then off to fletc. Academy will be 19 weeks and you still have to pass. Then its post academy at the port about 10 months

Exam: FEB 2007
          NEW TO:11/19/10
          GEO: San Diego, CA
          Qualifications: Completed GS-7
          Medical: used existing. recertified in DEC 2010
          PFT 1 Test:12/30/2010
          VBT: middle 2009. expires in middle 2012
          Drug Screening: 10/27/2010
          BI: completed meet investigator in Sep 2009 cleared in
          April 2010 recleared in april 2011.
          TSU: 7/20/11
          THE CALL:09/09
          PFT 2:09/16/11 passed
          EOD:09/19/11
          FLETC: Beginning Date: Sep 30, 2011
          End Date: Feb 13, 2012
          Last edited by *El Famoso 818*; 11-17-2011, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
            I did call, and was told to just wait longer. You're right they don't call. I guess I'm just starting to get nervous, I was hoping to be scheduled right after the call.
            Be sure to check your "spam" folder also...that is where my email was regarding the PFT2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
              Welcome wmu.

That is the 2 ports I was offered last month...I chose Detroit only because that way I wouldn't have to move. I currently live 1 hour from Detroit....about 10 hours from SSM.

I only know one officer that worked at SSM...starting roughly around 2003. He was in his late 20's when he took the position. Him and his young wife moved there....5 years later he was begging to go to Port Huron or Detroit to be closer their families. He said "if you REALLY like to hunt/fish/bowl/ride snowmobiles and drink..then this is the place for you!". He couldn't stand the winter's...."can only go sledding so many times with the kids" was his statement. I am sure there is more to the area up there but thought I would share the little that I know. At least in Detroit, you have more options. If you want to hunt/fish/bowl/ride snowmobiles and drink...you still can within a short distance....plus have all the options of a larger city.
              Yep. I had the same 2 choices. I ultimately chose SSM but would really have loved to go to Metro but that wasn't an option this time around. I am from northern MI and live about 2.5 hours from the Soo so for me the culture there won't be so rough. Detroit was definitely a serious thought for the reasons you mentioned but I have family up this way so we'll see.......hope I don't regret it! Gotta pass that PT2 first anyway. Like a lot of people, I just got the call and would EOD 12/19 but wouldn't go to training until March.

Comment

• Long time reader, first time poster. I received the call a couple weeks ago and EOD on 12/19 in San Ysidro. I haven't received anything in the way of POE contact information and was wondering what others from this geo do as far as pre academy accommodations. I was also wondering about using leave after the academy. I currently live in Boston and the move is going to take some time. Can I used earned time fresh out of FLETC? I'm currently a federal employee and will be transferring over with some earned time.

Comment

• Originally posted by rosshartnett View Post
                  Long time reader, first time poster. I received the call a couple weeks ago and EOD on 12/19 in San Ysidro. I haven't received anything in the way of POE contact information and was wondering what others from this geo do as far as pre academy accommodations. I was also wondering about using leave after the academy. I currently live in Boston and the move is going to take some time. Can I used earned time fresh out of FLETC? I'm currently a federal employee and will be transferring over with some earned time.
                  HEY! I should be seeing you there!
                  As far as accommodations are concerned, I posted a question a page back about that very same. Haven't' received an answer yet. I'm going there for Thanksgiving and plan on talking with the Officers and others there, to get their input. From what i've seen, I'm looking at corporate housing. A month+ long stay at a hotel will run about $2400 or more. Some corporate housing, and I can't find the link, was around $1400 for my time frame. While I'm in San Diego, I'll be looking around.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC_Stitch View Post
                    HEY! I should be seeing you there!
                    As far as accommodations are concerned, I posted a question a page back about that very same. Haven't' received an answer yet. I'm going there for Thanksgiving and plan on talking with the Officers and others there, to get their input. From what i've seen, I'm looking at corporate housing. A month+ long stay at a hotel will run about $2400 or more. Some corporate housing, and I can't find the link, was around $1400 for my time frame. While I'm in San Diego, I'll be looking around.
                    Excellent! Not sure how I missed your post.. Hit me up with a pm if you find anything out and I'll do the same. Info regarding where to stay per academy has been pretty scarce, so anything you find would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by rosshartnett View Post
                      Excellent! Not sure how I missed your post.. Hit me up with a pm if you find anything out and I'll do the same. Info regarding where to stay per academy has been pretty scarce, so anything you find would be greatly appreciated.
                      Rodger. My dates of pre-academy are Dec 19 to Jan 25, with academy report date of jan 26. Hopefully, we'll get a little time for Christmas to come back home. Be nice to see a familiar face at the academy and have the same port.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
                        Welcome wmu.

That is the 2 ports I was offered last month...I chose Detroit only because that way I wouldn't have to move. I currently live 1 hour from Detroit....about 10 hours from SSM.

I only know one officer that worked at SSM...starting roughly around 2003. He was in his late 20's when he took the position. Him and his young wife moved there....5 years later he was begging to go to Port Huron or Detroit to be closer their families. He said "if you REALLY like to hunt/fish/bowl/ride snowmobiles and drink..then this is the place for you!". He couldn't stand the winter's...."can only go sledding so many times with the kids" was his statement. I am sure there is more to the area up there but thought I would share the little that I know. At least in Detroit, you have more options. If you want to hunt/fish/bowl/ride snowmobiles and drink...you still can within a short distance....plus have all the options of a larger city.
                        Just throwin' in my support for the D. Detroit proper obviously has quite the stigma, and yeah it's pretty much bankrupt, but I believe it's the 9th largest metropolitan area in the country, so there are interesting things there (Lions are 6-3!). I wouldn't want to live in SSM unless you're into fur trading and such. I'd take it over the SWB, but not by much.

Unfortunately for me, my background just expired... and there's no love in sight for us Agriculture folks anywhere. I'm assuming I'll get another job before CBP ever gets around to actually hiring me, although it hasn't happened yet.

Comment

• Anyone get any TO's not from the SW border? ....Anyone....Bueller...Bueller?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                            Anyone get any TO's not from the SW border? ....Anyone....Bueller...Bueller?
                            Nothing here for NE region........I'm hoping that once CBP puts the voluntary relocation announcement out, the resulting transfers will open a few spots on the northern border. Good luck!

Comment

• I received my NOR on 11/07/2011, My TSL1 on 11/14/2011, and my TSL2 (background packet) on 11/16/2011..... I know that the CPBO process is moving very fast. Now that I have submitted my background packet and my fingerprint cards I'm sure it's going to slow down now..... HURRY UP AND WAIT!!! is the feeling haha......

God is in control in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFdude View Post
                                Hi I changed my GEO to SWB on 6/25/11 and finally got fingerprint cards 11/12/11. Can't wait to get the ball rolling. Just wondering if anybody else got fingerprint cards too?

good luck everybody.

Sfdude

12/10 CBPO exam in San Diego
                                1/25/11 NORS passed
                                6/25/11 Changed GEO
                                I too received fingerprint cards on 11/12/2011....I mailed them back and received my TSL2 or background packet on 11/16/2011. I submitted it same day since I had all the information already ready to go... I wonder how fast or slow this is going to be......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13524 users online. 435 members and 13089 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X