Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -_-

To subarujunky

sigh... I highly doubt using proper sentence structure here on a forum would endanger my chances of anything in life, I appreciate the ummm concern? I guess but I really do not get on forums to write how I would write a paper for example, thanks though buddy.
    I recommend taking the first on-ramp headed towards "Conjunction Junction". Seriously though, you're going to be writing a lot if you go to FLETC...[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by goulddcs View Post
      I was wondering how many Dec 2010 test candidates are still waiting for the call with SWB preferences.

GEO: SWB CALF
      NOR: 95
      Background: pending
      I am patiently waiting as well. I am kind of startin' to worry since my 3 co-workers BI's have clear exactly 1 month ago and we met our BI a week apart. All we can do is wait though.

(Texas All Other SWB Texas)
      Test 12/16/2010
      NOR- 1/25/2011 84%
      TSL1-5/25/2011
      TSL2-5/26/2011
      Pre-Employment Forms- 8/18/2011 cleared
      Fitness-7/18/2011 cleared
      Medical-7/28/2011 cleared
      Qualifications-8/18/2011 cleared
      VBT/SI-8/26/2011 cleared
      Met BI-7/26/2011 In security office (With an Adjudicator as of 10/2011)
      Drug Test-9/8/2011 Cleared

BPA (South Texas)
      Written- 10/5/2011
      NOR 10/19/2011 90% (Took the spanish)
      TSL1- 10/25/2011
      Medical- Cleared
      DT- Cleared
      BI- In security office (With an Adjudicator as of 10/2011)
      Pft1- Scheduled
      OB- Pending

Comment

• me too.

Still waiting. Took the test in dec and scored 100% with no vet. I am just waiting for bi to clear with the adjudicator. Location would be Texas.

Originally posted by goulddcs View Post
        I was wondering how many Dec 2010 test candidates are still waiting for the call with SWB preferences.

GEO: SWB CALF
        NOR: 95
        Background: pending

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyw View Post
          Is pre-Fletc training, M-F 8am-5pm?
          Pre-academy training is M-F, 8 to around 4. At least where I'm at, it depends on what we're doing and whether or not we have time to comeplete our next task. Sometimes we get out around 3, sometimes 4.
          Written: 12/8/10
          NOR: 1/25/11
          TO: 5/11/11
          Fitness/Med: 5/16/11
          BI: 6/14/11
          VBT/SI: 6/20/11
          Drug Screen: 9/29/11
          Call: 10/5/11
          PTF2: 10/14/11
          EOD: 11/7/11 (El Paso)
          FLETC: 12/6/11

Comment

• Originally posted by OPJr View Post
            Pre-academy training is M-F, 8 to around 4. At least where I'm at, it depends on what we're doing and whether or not we have time to comeplete our next task. Sometimes we get out around 3, sometimes 4.
            Just out of curiosity....

What type of shifts are they working in El Paso?

Comment

• Housing in SD

Hey guys...Long time follower, first time poster.

Allow myself to introduce....myself..

I am from, and currently reside in, Brunswick, Georgia. Yes, THAT Brunswick, Georgia. I live about 5 minutes from FLETC. Indeed, my wife works on the base for IT.

I got my EOD (YAY!) the other day. I'm set for San Ysidro, which is what we wanted. Being stationed at Camp Pendleton, and after separation from the Corps, moving to Imperial Beach, it is going to be nice to be back "home". It will be especially nice, since my wife is from TJ.

Due to taking 2 weeks vacation, starting Saturday Nov 19th, I'm scheduled to take my PFT2 at Southwestern College, Chula Vista on Dec 2. Once I return home, I turn right around on Dec 19th to do my shadowing at SY until Jan 25. I start the Academy Jan 26th. I'm wicked excited!! I work just down the road, and every morning I hear the firing range going off, and I get excited.

Now, my question is, where does someone stay while doing the shadowing? What do I look for, for lodging? I've searched hotels, like Extended stay, and they want $69-80 a night, which works out to $2400+, before taxes. I looked at "Corporate Housing" and some are way too high, others you need to contact property owners. We're going to be staying with her family in TJ, and I'll be making frequent visits to San Diego and Chula Vista, so we'll have time to look, but I'm not really sure what to look FOR.

Where have some of you stayed? How much was it etc...?
              What I really need is HS Internet, preferably a gym or some kind of track or exercise centre nearby (not required since I like to do body weight exercises), but I need some kind of pull up bar. Also, a kitchenette would be nice.

Thanks in advance for any advice/tips

PS.
              For those curious, I'm not sure off hand what my exact dates are but:

I took my test Nov 2010 in Atlanta
              Medical and PFT1 scheduled for 5/9/2011 but I Broke my hand, 2 days prior, so that put me back 5 months, took medical
              BGI received 5/28/11 - green checked 8/2011
              VBI - 9/2011
              Medical green checked (after injury review) 10/20/2011
              PFT1 rescheduled - 10/24/2011
              PFT2 - 12/2/2011
              EOD - 12/19/2011 San Ysidro
              Academy - 1/26/2012
              Last edited by USMC_Stitch; 11-16-2011, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Hey everyone......kind of new to the thread. Have been reading a lot of what everyone has to say but this is my first time posting.....just curious if any Michigan people out there have any thoughts on which port is better - Sault Sainte Marie or Detroit?
                Last edited by wmu2003; 11-16-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC_Stitch View Post
                  Hey guys...Long time follower, first time poster.

Allow myself to introduce....myself..

I am from, and currently reside in, Brunswick, Georgia. Yes, THAT Brunswick, Georgia. I live about 5 minutes from FLETC. Indeed, my wife works on the base for IT.

I got my EOD (YAY!) the other day. I'm set for San Ysidro, which is what we wanted. Being stationed at Camp Pendleton, and after separation from the Corps, moving to Imperial Beach, it is going to be nice to be back "home". It will be especially nice, since my wife is from TJ.

Due to taking 2 weeks vacation, starting Saturday Nov 19th, I'm scheduled to take my PFT2 at Southwestern College, Chula Vista on Dec 2. Once I return home, I turn right around on Dec 19th to do my shadowing at SY until Jan 25. I start the Academy Jan 26th. I'm wicked excited!! I work just down the road, and every morning I hear the firing range going off, and I get excited.

Now, my question is, where does someone stay while doing the shadowing? What do I look for, for lodging? I've searched hotels, like Extended stay, and they want $69-80 a night, which works out to $2400+, before taxes. I looked at "Corporate Housing" and some are way too high, others you need to contact property owners. We're going to be staying with her family in TJ, and I'll be making frequent visits to San Diego and Chula Vista, so we'll have time to look, but I'm not really sure what to look FOR.

Where have some of you stayed? How much was it etc...?
                  What I really need is HS Internet, preferably a gym or some kind of track or exercise centre nearby (not required since I like to do body weight exercises), but I need some kind of pull up bar. Also, a kitchenette would be nice.

Thanks in advance for any advice/tips

PS.
                  For those curious, I'm not sure off hand what my exact dates are but:

I took my test Nov 2010 in Atlanta
                  Medical and PFT1 scheduled for 5/9/2011 but I Broke my hand, 2 days prior, so that put me back 5 months, took medical
                  BGI received 5/28/11 - green checked 8/2011
                  VBI - 9/2011
                  Medical green checked (after injury review) 10/20/2011
                  PFT1 rescheduled - 10/24/2011
                  PFT2 - 12/2/2011
                  EOD - 12/19/2011 San Ysidro
                  Academy - 1/26/2012
                  You are taking the PFT2 near San Diego? I think I have the same test date as you, sir. Dec 2nd at 8:30AM. I live near the Los Angeles area, and I am planning to get a hotel near Chula Vista the night before. Are you familiar with the College?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdivola View Post
                    You are taking the PFT2 near San Diego? I think I have the same test date as you, sir. Dec 2nd at 8:30AM. I live near the Los Angeles area, and I am planning to get a hotel near Chula Vista the night before. Are you familiar with the College?
                    Same date. As for the College, no. At least not that I remember. I lived near, and have driven all over, Chula Vista, but I hadn't really paid attention to the college. I was going to get there early, or go the night before, and recon it out. I'm curious about the 1.5 mile run. Is it going to be around the track? Same with the 220. I would like to practice while i'm in town. I run on the streets, but that's a bit different than a track.

Comment

• How long has it been for you guys, from getting the call to being scheduled for the PFT2?

I chose to take it in San Diego, but haven't gotten a call to schedule it yet. I'm getting nervous about getting this close to my eod and not being scheduled for the PFT2.

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                        How long has it been for you guys, from getting the call to being scheduled for the PFT2?

I chose to take it in San Diego, but haven't gotten a call to schedule it yet. I'm getting nervous about getting this close to my eod and not being scheduled for the PFT2.
                        All told, it was pretty much 1 year from test to Call. May have been shorter, had I not broken my hand.

As far as the PFT2 vs. EOD. You have to take it no more than 30 days prior. The way it worked for me was I got my offer, which I accepted. Three days later I received an email with my PFT2 date. I actually had to reschedule it due to my vacation trip. The guy was really helpful in that.

You can always call or email them. you should have gotten some information in your acceptance letter.

Comment

• I mean, I got the call last week. My EOD is 12/19.
                          I accepted and was told I would get a call to schedule the PFT2. I'm still waiting, and getting nervous about them taking this long to call me.

Comment

• you should be getting the PFT2 date any day now. If you don't hear by Friday, then I would call them back. It took 3 full days for mine, from acceptance to PFT2. You still got plenty of time. Use it to Run. and Run. and Run some more. ;-)

Its the Government. Hurry up and wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                              I mean, I got the call last week. My EOD is 12/19.
                              I accepted and was told I would get a call to schedule the PFT2. I'm still waiting, and getting nervous about them taking this long to call me.
                              I don't think they call anyone. Check your email. Most people have been getting scheduled within 5 days of accepting the offer.
                              12/2010 TEST- 98 non-VET
                              5/25 TO
                              5/25 Pre-Employment Forms GREEN 7/12
                              5/25 Qualifications GREEN 8/2
                              6/24 PFT1- GREEN 7/12
                              7/8 MED- GREEN 8/2: YES MY MEDICAL WAS GIVEN AFTER PFT1
                              7/18 VBT+SI- GREEN 8/4
                              7/26 MET W/ BI AT WORK
                              8/2 MET W/ DIF. BI AT HOME
                              8/2 A THIRD BI WENT TO TALK TO PREV PROF
                              8/5 DRUG TEST- GREEN 8/18
                              8/11 A FOURTH BI TALKED TO REF. #7+#8
                              10/13~ BI CLEARED
                              10/13 GOT THE CALL-10/14 ANSWERED THE CALL
                              10/26 PFT2 PASSED
                              11/21 EOD SAN LUIS
                              12/15-4/24 FLETC

Comment

• Does anyone know how to change the geographic location from southeast to southwest?
                                Applied 08/2011
                                Test 10/2011 103 w/vet
                                TO 11/2011
                                Med/PFT 12/2011 Passed
                                VBT/SI O3/2012 Pending

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4391 users online. 302 members and 4089 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X