Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys im new to this forum and it has been very informative and useful to me, i have a pre-academy report date of 11/21/2011 San Luis Arizona, and academy date for fletc 12/15/2011 for CBP Officer. if anyone is at this port or is going to this port let me know im jus trying to get some info about the area. thanks

also does anyone know how tough the spanish course is that we have to take at fletc?

Comment

• Originally posted by mike1121 View Post
      hey guys im new to this forum and it has been very informative and useful to me, i have a pre-academy report date of 11/21/2011 San Luis Arizona, and academy date for fletc 12/15/2011 for CBP Officer. if anyone is at this port or is going to this port let me know im jus trying to get some info about the area. thanks

also does anyone know how tough the spanish course is that we have to take at fletc?
      No one fails the 6 week spanish course. That is the last thing you should worry about. Keep up with your PT and your non immigrant and immigrant classifications.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike1121 View Post
        hey guys im new to this forum and it has been very informative and useful to me, i have a pre-academy report date of 11/21/2011 San Luis Arizona, and academy date for fletc 12/15/2011 for CBP Officer. if anyone is at this port or is going to this port let me know im jus trying to get some info about the area. thanks

Hey turn on your private messaging. I'm on my second week at San Luis. I'll give you some info.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoJoGRaNde View Post
          No one fails the 6 week spanish course. That is the last thing you should worry about. Keep up with your PT and your non immigrant and immigrant classifications.
          thanks for the info i apprecate it

Comment

• Originally posted by hovik130 View Post
            Hello everyone. Intrinsically this forum is very informative and indefatigable. I think my Uncle Sam just ran out of money. I took CBPO's test on 09/06/2011, and I received my score 93 (no vet pref.) in a week, then I received TO and filled the e-Qip. I took my Physical few days ago and passed. I did 44 push ups, and 48 sit ups within a minute. Before that I did my VBT which i passed and invited to do structural interview. I thought I did extremely well since the questions were very easy. In general, i am a good speaker, and I deal with people on a daily basis. Now I am surprised, I just received a letter stating that i failed my Structural interview, and i can only retry in a year. I think i will not. I just passed two PD's oral Boards, and they were harder than CBPO' VBT. Police oral boards' questions are "do it or die" questions that each answer can make a real difference when it comes to deadly force. If you are NOT extremely naive, and you are politically correct, you may pass VBT, but I did not make it. Oh well, they have just lost an applicant who is an honor graduate, who is proficient in four foreign languages. I will serve my country: the United States of America, anyway I can, God bless America. God bless to all of us, and stay safe, and never give up to try.

By ninjaLibrarian
            Best advice I can give someone going into an interview is never assume you know it all. I remember when I had mine, the SUP asked me "So what did you think of the VBT" I told him, I did the best I could without knowing policy and procedure. He smiled and looked at the Chief, and then I was in the 'Hot Seat' for 15 min. I think you may have went in there with 'I know it all attitude' they don't like people like that. If anything, go in there humble and show respect. You never know, they could be your future SUP or chief.

Comment

• Hey everyone,
              Question for those that have either received "the call" or those having been through FLETC? I know there are many different positions the CBPO can do, but what does the new Officer mostly get to do. I watch Border Wars and see CBPO's checking documents at the ports, see them following illegals around town in the patrol vehicle, and assisting BPA's in arrests and seizures. Do they assign the Officer based on the ports open positions, or do they all rotate doing everything?
              CBPO
              SWB, Rio Grande Valley, Texas
              Re-Applied: 08/2013
              Written: 12/10/2010 Springfield, IL.
              NOR: 01/25/2011 (84 No. Vet.)
              Qual:?
              PreForms: ?
              PFT1: ?
              BI: In the security Office
              Med: 07/2011- Complete
              Drug:?
              VBT/SI: 10/07/2011 Chicago, IL. Complete
              PFT2:?
              EOD & FLETC: ?

Comment

• Is pre-Fletc training, M-F 8am-5pm?
                Tested: 8/2008
                TO: 12/2008
                GEO: LAX/LB
                1st TSU: 3/5/09
                2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                Cleared 6/22/11
                2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                Cleared 9/29/11
                2nd TSU:
                Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• CBPO laredo, Texas

So i passed everything in the CBPO process up to the medical clearance which im ironing out right now(will lead to completing background) so after that im hoping everything is good to go, one question though, so embarassing >_<, 22 still just have my driving permit and live in NYC, got too use to the trains i guess =\ , anyone have any idea when it is they might say "so wheres your license", road test coming up but felt like asking for any input.

Comment

• Originally posted by RevolveReX View Post
                    So i passed everything in the CBPO process up to the medical clearance which im ironing out right now(will lead to completing background) so after that im hoping everything is good to go, one question though, so embarassing >_<, 22 still just have my driving permit and live in NYC, got too use to the trains i guess =\ , anyone have any idea when it is they might say "so wheres your license", road test coming up but felt like asking for any input.
                    You can't be an officer without a driver license.
                    Gek.

Comment

• Then I better pass that road test coming up lol

Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                      You can't be an officer without a driver license.

Comment

• Originally posted by hovik130 View Post
                        Hello everyone. Intrinsically this forum is very informative and indefatigable. I think my Uncle Sam just ran out of money. I took CBPO's test on 09/06/2011, and I received my score 93 (no vet pref.) in a week, then I received TO and filled the e-Qip. I took my Physical few days ago and passed. I did 44 push ups, and 48 sit ups within a minute. Before that I did my VBT which i passed and invited to do structural interview. I thought I did extremely well since the questions were very easy. In general, i am a good speaker, and I deal with people on a daily basis. Now I am surprised, I just received a letter stating that i failed my Structural interview, and i can only retry in a year. I think i will not. I just passed two PD's oral Boards, and they were harder than CBPO' VBT. Police oral boards' questions are "do it or die" questions that each answer can make a real difference when it comes to deadly force. If you are NOT extremely naive, and you are politically correct, you may pass VBT, but I did not make it. Oh well, they have just lost an applicant who is an honor graduate, who is proficient in four foreign languages. I will serve my country: the United States of America, anyway I can, God bless America. God bless to all of us, and stay safe, and never give up to try.

By ninjaLibrarian

Some humility would go a long way here. I admire your patriotism though, best of luck with your future endeavors.

Originally posted by RevolveReX View Post
                        I recommend taking the first on-ramp headed towards "Conjunction Junction". Seriously though, you're going to be writing a lot if you go to FLETC...

Comment

• Originally posted by SFdude View Post
                          Hi I changed my GEO to SWB on 6/25/11 and finally got fingerprint cards 11/12/11. Can't wait to get the ball rolling. Just wondering if anybody else got fingerprint cards too?

good luck everybody.

Sfdude

12/10 CBPO exam in San Diego
                          1/25/11 NORS passed
                          6/25/11 Changed GEO
                          I received my fingerprint cards yesterday in the mail and my tentative selection letter in an email as well. Here we go!!! Good luck to you

Comment

• I was wondering how many Dec 2010 test candidates are still waiting for the call with SWB preferences.

GEO: SWB CALF
                            NOR: 95
                            Background: pending

Comment

• Originally posted by goulddcs View Post
                              I was wondering how many Dec 2010 test candidates are still waiting for the call with SWB preferences.

GEO: SWB CALF
                              NOR: 95
                              Background: pending
                              Same boat. I'm just waiting on my background investigation to clear in CASS and/or a call.
                              Gek.

Comment

• sw

I had my BI sent up a fee weeks ago. Put in for all AZ.

UPTP/ FLETC

DOD Academy

K-9 school

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4420 users online. 305 members and 4115 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X